The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• edited January 2023 Posts: 15,818
    Bond wears a trilby here.
    I see a lot of people wearing these and fedoras these days.
    I need a new fedora..........or trilby.
    I'd prefer a fedora.
    Bond and M partied hard in Tokyo back in the day.
    That extra looks about as much like Ian Fleming as I do.
    Excellent viewing, though the last 4th was interrupted by a phone call. :(
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 13,944
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Great PTS. Connery looks amazing in this one.
    Wonderful Barry score.
    I like the bird call we hear when Nond (Non-Bond) walks down the steps towards the hedge maze. I seem to recall that same sound effect was repeated later on, either in FRWL or in another early film. Perhaps when Bond snoops around Palmyra. It's little things like that which add to the atmosphere.

EDIT: I think it was used in the GF PTS when Bond swims to the dock.
    Where's the 2023 Bond Meter Thread?
    We're waiting for the OP to make a new one, but you can add it in the 2022 thread for now and add a date to the top of your post.
    I love SPECTRE Island.
    I want to see Bond snoop around SPECTRE Island, and after he enters the firing range, be ambushed by agents complete with flame throwers.
    Grant can take a punch.
    Grant sucks in his gut, like we see in so many of those photos of women from the 50s and 60s.
    Boothroyd gives 007, what remains to this day, my favorite gadget........the attache case.
    As a kid I was obsessed with this gadget. When I was in elementary school, we had Trapper Keeper notebooks, which I pretended was my attache case. They didn't come in black during those days, often in bright vibrant colors.
    So by 5th grade I upgraded to a leather folder that came with a calculator. That became my new Bond briefcase.
    I actually saved up my allowance and bought a real attache case. It was burgundy like Roger's in the PTS of OCTOPUSSY. Instead of gold combination lock latches, this attache case had black ones, which I adjusted so that 007 would be the code to unlock the case.
    I had a toy folding rifle kit that I put in the case, a watch and some other stuff.......toy grenade, rubber knife etc.
    Gave it to my best friend years ago. He still has it.
    That sounds like fun. I missed my chance at buying a cheap briefcase with red interior many years back from a place I worked at. The attache is a highly sought after prop, but I'll have to make do with my Club talc tins and 1:6 scale AR7 rifle for now. I recently bought an aluminium briefcase but that is for a different prop and another thread.
    Bond wears a trilby here.
    I see a lot of people wearing these and fedoras these days.
    I need a new fedora..........or trilby.
    I'd prefer a fedora.
    Maybe the trilby will come back to the films. I'd like that. I like a bit of retro flair in the Bond films. CR had that, particularly with the scene-to-scene transition editing.
    Bond and M partied hard in Tokyo back in the day.
    That's another story I'd like to see. You could probably build a whole film around that moment.
    LIVE AND LET DIE, IMO is the funniest of the Bond movies.
    The PTS and already I'm laughing.
    One great scene after another.
    The three agents get easily killed. I wonder how they ever got their double O numbers?
    This is on my top 3 favorite title sequences.
    Underrated Felix, IMO. I always liked Hedison.
    When I was a kid the New York section was my favorite in this film. I love 1970's New York.
    I love the boots of the henchman that says "Relax, Baby. Mr Bigs gonna take care of you in a minute".

My favorite "Bond, James Bond" in the series.
    I should get a deep blue bathrobe like the one Bond wears in his San Monique hotel.
    I sure do like Roger Moore's hair in this film.
    I'm sure we'll be able to lick you into shape.
    Why, it's just a hat, darling... belonging to a small-headed man of limited means, who lost a fight with a chicken.

One great line after another.
    Up in the hills down there.
    I love this bit where Kananga gets pissed off at Solitaire....... and Tee Hee thinks it's funny.
    The bus chase is pretty funny.
    Between the time Bond gave lesson number three and their departure from Solitaire's house on the hill, she had enough time to change her nail polish.
    My favorite line in movie history.............

RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXX!

Mrs. Bell is dressed like Snoopy. Only thing missing is the scarf.
    Felix is getting cussed out by Mr Blinker.
    He's taking it in stride, though and doesn't seem too frazzled.
    Dr Kananga is a great villain.
    Love the crocodile farm sequence.
    HELL NO!

I like pronnounce it HEY YELL NO like Sherrif Pepper.
    Tommy Lane's sport jacket looks like something Jim Rockford would wear.
    I love scenes where Bond effs up and ruins other people's wedding day.
    I really like Syd Cain's voodoo ceremony set.
    ABOBO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kananga shoots the shark gun at Whisper's sofa just to mess with him.
    I suppose Kananga's plan to lower Bond and Solitaire to the sharks is a tip of the hat to Felix's shark encounter in the novel?
    I miss Guy Hamilton's tradition of having a brief encounter with the henchman at the every end of the film.
    Although, in GF it's with the main villain.
    I'd like to see this element return in a future film.

This is damned funny. I used to imitate Tee Hee's laugh just to annoy my friends.

What a great viewing. Never tire of this one.