The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

15 mins to go!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Already paused before the MGM logo, opted for my downloaded copy on my PC.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I'm going to use my Bond50 blu-ray.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Prime Video has made me lazy, I rarely watch my Bond50 Bluray disks.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    I'm going to use my Bond50 blu-ray.

Thats the one I'm using too!
    Have it paused ON the MGM logo, if ye wanted to do the same, I do a "GO!' at 4pm and we're off!

The free Amazon Prime versions? I thought they were going to be pulled in a few days.
    3 mins and counting! 😁
    Dwayne wrote: »

The free Amazon Prime versions? I thought they were going to be pulled in a few days.

I bought all the films a few years ago before they went to Amazon, it took me about 2 years to buy all of them on digital copy. I bought some of the documentary's and unofficial films also. I have them downloaded to my PC and Mobile devices.
    007 seconds and counting!! :))
    Play
    Aaaand GO!
    Its been a while since I watched this.
    Always loved the pre title sequence very ominous.
    Double Connery!
    Its been a while since I watched this.

While there were no major celebrations of Bond in the US, FRWL was part of a “1962-1964” film retrospective here in New York, so this will be my second viewing of FRWL in past three months. For the record, although it was released in the UK on October 11, 1963, it didn’t show up in the US until May 27, 1964.
    Sean's make up is subtle enough to convince its a mask and also that on first watch you may think it is Bond.
    Robert Shaw has such great presence!
    Proto Craig
    Nice use of the Pinewood backlot (the first of many, actually).
    Cue the lights
    Shaw is a phenomenal actor, they were lucky to have him in this film.
    Great opener
    We need more instrumental themes though i guess that would not bring in the money or Oscar.
    I’m not sure why Binder wasn’t available for the title sequence (conflicting schedules or disagreements with Saltzman/Broccoli?), but the task eventually went to Robert Brownjohn. Brownjohn was a New Jersey naïve but moved to the UK in 1959 to (and this is a nice one) take advantage of the UK’s more liberal drug laws. Back in 2012, The Museum of Modern Art here in New York held an exhibition of his work (advertising, LP covers, etc..).
    Robert Brownjohns titles are so cool, you cant read them 🤣
    These films had an incredible production team.
    The great Terrance Young, my favorite Bond director.

Agreed, Cubby and Harry only used the best
    Love this chess set!

Agreed. And according to the "Inside FRWL" doc, Peter Hunt's editing was a major factor in rounding this film into form.