The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

I tried to join the 21st century last night and programmed my smart tv to stream.That was fun for a few minutes, now I'm back to my physical media. Sometimes the old ways are the best.

Even older as I've got a DVD in for this Bond. Again from a Connery collection- this is a different transfer to the Blu-ray, and I think I like these colors better.
    The red mustang really pops here and the overall picture is brighter.

The legendary alley sequence.
    I wasn't even planning to watch this tonight, I just popped it in after screwing around further with my television settings.
    I'm more than half way thru as Bond climbs the Whyte House.
    Great scene.
    Q is quite enjoying himself in this film.
    Blofeld in drag............hmmm...............I suppose that's still better than Brofeld.
    I love Jimmy Dean.Willard Whyte is pretty damned funny.
    I love the oil rig section. Not as eleborate as the volcano or Ft Knox, but still a decent climax.
    COME ON BOND! GET THE HELL OFF THAT RIG!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Love the Whyte House climb. Really want that piton gun. Quite impressive how they edited in the taller building behind the International/Hilton, even showing an elevator going up the side.

Whyte himself is entertaining. BAH-HAH?

I like the oil rig sequence too.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Love the Whyte House climb. Really want that piton gun. Quite impressive how they edited in the taller building behind the International/Hilton, even showing an elevator going up the side.

Whyte himself is entertaining. BAH-HAH?

I like the oil rig sequence too.

BAH-HAH is pretty funny.

Great visual effects with the Whyte House. Love the sequence as he climbs the outside of the building.

Considering the flack this film tends to get, it never fails to hit the spot for me every time.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Personally I'd take Brofeld over Dragfeld... :))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Gotta love Bond hanging from the ropes with the dazzling city lights in the background.

How good is Wint & Kidd's theme always creeping in slyly just before they appear.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Q is quite enjoying himself in this film.
    Blofeld in drag............hmmm...............I suppose that's still better than Brofeld.
    I love Jimmy Dean.Willard Whyte is pretty damned funny.

Not sure I agree with you about Blofeld in drag, always makes me cringe ( also, I had a work colleague, female, who bore an uncanny resemblance to him in that get up!!)
    We have a Bank Holiday here in Ireland this weekend, I must try do another 'comments as you watch!' Now to decide wbich film?
    I always think it will be fun to do one of these too but I end up getting too caught up in the film and forget to comment. :))
    I’ll try again soon though!
    I always think it will be fun to do one of these too but I end up getting too caught up in the film and forget to comment. :))

I often do as well and only comment periodically ( like this time). Other times I'm mostly focused on commenting with the film as background.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,338
    Anyone up for a group comments while you watched. I have avoided Bond films for a period of time so I can approach them with fresh perspective. Has the group done a collective NTTD watchalong?
    Am hoping to do one at the weekend, but doubt it will be NTTD!

I often do as well and only comment periodically ( like this time). Other times I'm mostly focused on commenting with the film as background.

I’ll have to take the latter approach next time!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

What film were you thinking of?
    I might do an epic double-bill Comment While You Watch, with my backwards double feature of NTTD, then SP.

I was thinking Connery, so possibly FRWL or TB! But I have often made a plan......and changd my mind at last minute! 😆

I was thinking Connery, so possibly FRWL or TB! But I have often made a plan......and changd my mind at last minute! 😆

Two of my top 5 films, I watched some of NTTD last night and switched it off early on, the pre title is great though the film does not hold my interest after that now unfortunately.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I would try to participate in a FRWL or TB watch-up.
    Right, so I plan to watch 'From Russia with Love' tomorrow, ( Sunday here in Ireland!) at 4pm for a 'Comments as you watch', if anyone cares to join?
    Right, so I plan to watch 'From Russia with Love' tomorrow, ( Sunday here in Ireland!) at 4pm for a 'Comments as you watch', if anyone cares to join?

That would be 11:00AM New York time I think. If so, I will try to chime in.
    Same here, unless I'm roped into working.
    4pm sounds good.
    Sorry I can't make the FRWL group viewing today. Going in to work shortly.
    :(
    Sorry I can't make the FRWL group viewing today. Going in to work shortly.
    :(

Sorry to hear that. We'll miss you.
    BTW: Where is everybody? There are only five minutes to go!
    I thought it was 4pm? though the clocks have changed here.

Its currently 3.20pm here UK time.

I thought @Mathis1 meant 4pm Ireland (or 11am here in New York). In my haste, I clearly was wrong.
    Yeh guys. Clocks went back
    30 mins to go!
    Dwayne wrote: »

I thought @Mathis1 meant 4pm Ireland (or 11am here in New York). In my haste, I clearly was wrong.

Maybe I am an hour out, Ireland maybe an hour different to where i am :))

Just double checked its 3.31pm in Ireland currently.