The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing your views on NTTD, ToTheRight! Watched it a second time last night!
    Am afraid am not as enthusiastic as Fire_and_Ice_Returns! A watchalong with ye when its released on bluray would interesting to say the least!

That would be wonderful. I enjoyed NTTD, and hope to see it again this week, schedule and budget permitting. Got laid off from a job last week, which has made things challenging.

Sorry to hear that mate! Here's hoping you secure some employment soon!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Bond infiltrates the Wavecrest Bond does look dangerous in these scenes.

Best scenes in the film. It's a middle tier Bond film for me.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    SP resuming watchalong, scene on train when
    Madeline recounts Safin entering her home.
    NTTD has elevated SP =D>
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    SP certainly has a extra dimension to it post NTTD
    edited October 2021 Posts: 23,377
    For the first time I am actually interested in what is going on.
    Great fight with Hinx, shock horror I believe in Bond's and Madeline relationship now.
    Dialogue between Bond and Madeline about what would Bond do if he stopped gave me chills.
    Hinx really is formidable you believe Bond is on real trouble here.
    Batista always reminds me of Lee Van Cleef.
    Am amazed at the difference in your posts now to the opening ones!
    I still enjoy SP right up to the final scenes in London ( though I do love those shots on the bridge!)
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Am amazed at the difference in your posts now to the opening ones!
    I still enjoy SP right up to the final scenes in London ( though I do love those shots on the bridge!)

I think I just landed back on scenes that worked retro actively post NTTD viewing, as soon as the final act kicked in I could not in anyway justify the film so switched it off :))

My enthusiasm for NTTD has dulled slightly also with subsequent viewing, though I think I will just ignore how much of a mess the script is as I overall enjoyed the film.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I quite like the final London scenes in SP. Bond's debriefing at the safe house, M confronting the Careless one, MI6 ruins cobwebbed with detonation wiring, shooting down the heli is a cool 007 moment.
    QBranch wrote: »
    I quite like the final London scenes in SP. Bond's debriefing at the safe house, M confronting the Careless one, MI6 ruins cobwebbed with detonation wiring, shooting down the heli is a cool 007 moment.

I struggle to get past the image in my head of Blofeld ordering Spectre Agents to stick photo's of character's from previous films on the MI6 wall and ask them to leave a trail to follow. :))

Ultimately Blofeld falls flat for me in SP and is only really just OK in NTTD due to limited screen time. I think Waltz is miscast and phones it in.
    Always imagined it was Blofeld himself who put up the pictures and head targets, but it is odd when you think about how someone went to the trouble to print out those images just to screw with Bond. Lucky the Epson didn't jam up because it seems like Ernst had very little time to prepare it all after the events in Morocco.

I didn't mind Waltz' Blofeld, there were a few brief moments where he appears sinister: in the meteorite room; when he gets off on reminding Bond how his beloved M is "gone forever". It's as if it filled him with white light.

At least Craig's first three villains were all excellent though.
    Always imagined it was Blofeld himself who put up the pictures and head targets, but it is odd when you think about how someone went to the trouble to print out those images just to screw with Bond. Lucky the Epson didn't jam up because it seems like Ernst had very little time to prepare it all after the events in Morocco.

I didn't mind Waltz' Blofeld, there were a few brief moments where he appears sinister: in the meteorite room; when he gets off on reminding Bond how his beloved M is "gone forever". It's as if it filled him with white light.

At least Craig's first three villains were all excellent though.

I am a big fan of DC's first two films they really played to the actors strengths, not so much the Mendes films, they were to dull and dreary for me and lacked the energy of the first two movies.

DC is low in my Bond ranking so that will have a bearing on my opinion. Overall DC did a good job and will be a very difficult act to follow, I think NTTD was one of his best performances, well at the very least he appeared to be really enjoying himself. In SP the injury clearly effected his performance as he looked bored and fed up most of the time.

True Blofeld in the meteorite room was ok, my favourite seen Blofeld is Savalas as he has the charm and ego and can be sinister and you get a sense he is a threat, Waltz had none of that.

Ideally I would prefer the Blofeld from FRWL and TB when Blofeld next appears.
    I'm kind of expecting the next incarnation of Blofeld to be the unseen one behind the desk. It seems like a natural direction they might go in after the lukewarm response to this recent take.

I'm looking forward to reveling in DC's NTTD performance. He's a real joy to watch when he is more animated and having large chunks of dialogue to sink his teeth into. Two moments from CR always spring to mind here: 1) Bond explaining to Vesper in the Hotel Splendide reception how LeChiffre knows who he is; 2) on the balcony when he asks for the $5M buy-in. Can't wait.
    I'm kind of expecting the next incarnation of Blofeld to be the unseen one behind the desk. It seems like a natural direction they might go in after the lukewarm response to this recent take.

I'm looking forward to reveling in DC's NTTD performance. He's a real joy to watch when he is more animated and having large chunks of dialogue to sink his teeth into. Two moments from CR always spring to mind here: 1) Bond explaining to Vesper in the Hotel Splendide reception how LeChiffre knows who he is; 2) on the balcony when he asks for the $5M buy-in. Can't wait.

I forgot you are in Australia how long left to wait until NTTD releases there? I loved the film overall, I wont say anymore.

A key factor with me which probably sounds obvious is I like to enjoy a Bond film first and foremost, serious is ok though when its too serious like the Mendes films I switch off.

DC for me is at his best when badass and for me in NTTD he is more like the Bond in CR and QoS.

Mendes melodrama bogged down the films and Bond for me in the last two..
    I forgot you are in Australia how long left to wait until NTTD releases there? I loved the film overall, I wont say anymore.

A key factor with me which probably sounds obvious is I like to enjoy a Bond film first and foremost, serious is ok though when its too serious like the Mendes films I switch off.

DC for me is at his best when badass and for me in NTTD he is more like the Bond in CR and QoS.

Mendes melodrama bogged down the films and Bond for me in the last two..
    November 11 release, though perhaps I will wait a few more days and go on a Tuesday night, grab the last showing when it's quieter. After we've waited this long, I don't want the experience ruined by all the ruckus. Looking forward to wearing my unofficial NTTD T-shirt, Q's watch, and taking my NTTD bucket to fill it up with popcorn once in there. I saw the other four Craig films at the cinemas earlier this year, so to see all five of his run in one year will be something to remember.

I prefer CR and QOS to the Mendes films too, but there are so many great moments in all.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

I struggle to get past the image in my head of Blofeld ordering Spectre Agents to stick photo's of character's from previous films on the MI6 wall and ask them to leave a trail to follow. :))

Ultimately Blofeld falls flat for me in SP and is only really just OK in NTTD due to limited screen time. I think Waltz is miscast and phones it in.

The pictures on the wall in MI6 is the stupidest moment in the Craig Bonds. I can just imagine Blofeld buying the blue tac when he picked up his photocopies...

As one Bond YouTube regular pointed out, would Blofeld still been the 'author of all your pain' if Bond had become a librarian instead of a spy..? Perhaps he would have taunted Bond with overdue books...😆
    Quantum of Solace (2008)
    As we've just had the longest Bond movie, i decided to watch the shortest. However, as its so fast paced am going to pause it to comment, as I dont want to miss anything!
    Absolutely stunning opening shot across the lake!
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 6,820
    Craig looks supercool at the wheel in this cracking car chase
    My favourite shot, the police land rover tumbling just in front of Bonds car!
    THIS is how you open a Bond movie, short, sharp, exciting, well shot, with a killer punchline!
    Kudos to Dan Bradley and his stunt team!
    This is a terrific title sequence from MK12.
    Kleinman got his mojo back for NTTD, but this was a nice change from this team! And even though the crash bang wallop song is a little grating, it does meld well withe titles.
    Love how Forster opens with the unfurling flag!
    Love the look Bond gives M when she tells him he looks like hell!
    Mr White, very chilling. Especially when he says "we have people everywhere!"
    I remember there was confusion over whether M got shot here. I think Forster should have shown a little moment where M says to Bond "well, get after him!"
    I could watch all of this horse race, it looks thrilling!🤣
    I believe I see someone in the crowd point at the
    Camera during this chase