The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Bond lecturing Camille on how to kill is pure Fleming!
    Greene isnt enjoying his apple!
    Getting stuck in his teeth! Always happens me too!
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 6,820
    That attempted rape scene is very uncomfortable, but just reiterates what a nasty piece of work Medrano is!
    Yet another cool Bond moment!
    Bond hanging on the front of the jeep, shooting bad guys!
    Fabulous slo mo shot of Greene escaping the explosions...Elvis has left the building...in pieces!
    Greenes manic attack on Bond really took me by surprise originally!
    This fire sequence is very impressive, very scary!
    Olga terrific here!
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 6,820
    "Take a deep breath...make it count!"
    "Goodbye Mr Greene!"
    Loving Arnolds music here!
    Bond and Olga look really battered here in their final scene!
    Beautiful heartfelt kiss!
    And so to Russia!!!
    How bloody cool does Bond look here!
    "I never left!"
    Great final line from Bond!
    Gunbarrel!
    Craigs walk is a little too fast!
    They really could have put it at the start!
    Oh well, not to worry, another hugely satisfying watch of QOS!
    Oh, and that end title music is sublime!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Great comments @Mathis1

There are so many great scenes in this film. Amazing since it's one of the shortest Bond films!

It has no fat on it. It's lean and mean and Craig’s Bond has never been badder!

Really love this film and it's one I watch a lot. I was just listening to the score yesterday, and that also is outstanding. The last really great Bond score IMO.
    Great comments @Mathis1

There are so many great scenes in this film. Amazing since it's one of the shortest Bond films!

Really love this film and it's one I watch a lot. I was just listening to the score yesterday, and that also is outstanding. The last really great Bond score IMO.

Thanks,mate! Agree about the score, i didnt give it enough praise during my comments. David Arnold does a sterling job!
    I was a little underwhelmed by NTTD, was expecting so much more!
    I chose carefully for a Bond movie to do a comments on since seeing Craigs last.
    I chose wisely! QOS really does get better with each viewing! Wonderfully entertaining!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Great comments @Mathis1

Thanks,mate! Agree about the score, i didnt give it enough praise during my comments. David Arnold does a sterling job!
    I chose carefully for a Bond movie to do a comments on since seeing Craigs last.
    I chose wisely! QOS really does get better with each viewing! Wonderfully entertaining!

CR and QoS are my favourite Craig films. Both reside in my top ten.
    Great comments @Mathis1

CR and QoS are my favourite Craig films. Both reside in my top ten.

Ditto, mate! And they are a brilliant double bill!
    Have watched them back to back a few times!
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    THIS is how you open a Bond movie, short, sharp, exciting, well shot, with a killer punchline!
    Kudos to Dan Bradley and his stunt team!

I recently watched the QoS PTS on the internet with speed set to 0.25 (one quarter), to find out what happens there. 😁
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2021 Posts: 7,526
    Fabulous slo mo shot of Greene escaping the explosions...Elvis has left the building...in pieces!

Really like that slo-mo sequence. Enjoying all the love for QoS in this thread, agree that it's lean and mean and a satisfying watch with some incredible sequences (Mitchell chase in the beginning, the opera sequence are two standouts).

In so much NTTD press, they're talking villains and they reiterate the impact of Le Chiffre and Silva, but I like the villains / plot here. Just much more down to earth than other Bond films. And as mentioned above, Medrano makes for a really skin-crawling villain in the later part of the film.

Reminiscent of The Living Daylights; perhaps two villains dilutes their impact, but they're memorable nevertheless.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Watching OHMSS, the film that NTTD (as in EON) so much wants to be remembered on a par with. I now know a fundamental reason why it will never reach that upper-echelon with me. NTTD feels antiseptically studied in this attempt at evoking it's forerunner (the heavy-handed quotes and entire pieces of soundtrack being exhibit A), including the "brave" moments and shocking events, where as OHMSS only feels calculated in a relatively minor regard; that being the awkward references to the previous films, which really only pops up to jingle a little bell here and there. It in no way informs or colors the rest of the picture or the underlying story. Quite the opposite; by turning hard into Fleming, and going in a direction quite contrary to where the series was headed, Hunt gives us (possibly along with LTK and CR) the most adventurous and "daring" Bond film to date. It still feels fresh. Where as with NTTD, which is a film I generally have a high regard for, with a few big caveats, after four screenings it already feels heavily calculated.

For me, NTTD will never come anywhere near the excellence of OHMSS!
    Watching OHMSS, the film that NTTD (as in EON) so much wants to be remembered on a par with. I now know a fundamental reason why it will never reach that upper-echelon with me. NTTD feels antiseptically studied in this attempt at evoking it's forerunner (the heavy-handed quotes and entire pieces of soundtrack being exhibit A), including the "brave" moments and shocking events, where as OHMSS only feels calculated in a relatively minor regard; that being the awkward references to the previous films, which really only pops up to jingle a little bell here and there. It in no way informs or colors the rest of the picture or the underlying story. Quite the opposite; by turning hard into Fleming, and going in a direction quite contrary to where the series was headed, Hunt gives us (possibly along with LTK and CR) the most adventurous and "daring" Bond film to date. It still feels fresh. Where as with NTTD, which is a film I generally have a high regard for, with a few big caveats, after four screenings it already feels heavily calculated.

Not a chance. While I enjoyed NTTD it does have that 'made by a committee' feel to it, whereas OHMSS feels organic. So well written it actually improves on aspects in the novel.

Not a chance. While I enjoyed NTTD it does have that 'made by a committee' feel to it, whereas OHMSS feels organic. So well written it actually improves on aspects in the novel.

My Annual Christmas watch of OHMSS is like waiting for a new Bond to come out!
    Only with this one, I know I am not going to be disappointed 😉

My Annual Christmas watch of OHMSS is like waiting for a new Bond to come out!
    Only with this one, I know I am not going to be disappointed 😉

Yes. OHMSS and Die Hard are December viewings for me.

It does make Christmas more bearable 😁🎄
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    QoS saw the 4K version in a shop so bought it, my first 4K Bond purchase. I was going to wait for the 4K Boxset though this is one of my favourite Bond films and in this format it looks great its considerably better than the Bluray.

The opening sequence is fantastic, you really feel you are in the thick of the action with Bond.

The title sequence i like the retro feel, its my second favourite of the DC era. the title song is ok its got more about it than the three title songs that followed.
    Been away from this thread for awhile so here we go...........

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

Felt like a classic Bond tonight, as I've taken a few weeks away from 007.
    recharge those batteries.

Great title sequence. Robert Brownjohn is my 2nd favorite title designer in the series.
    Great instrumental theme. I'd like to see Eon experiment and maybe go back to that for one film.

Kronsteen mops the floor with Peter Madden during the chess match.
    Great scene.
    I never tire of this Blofeld/Klebb/Kronsteen meeting. Great scene.
    The SPECTRE island scene is classic. Grant takes quite the punch to the gut and barely flinches.
    Klebb is pretty creepy during her interview with Tania.