The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I cant remember whether ITV in the original TV showing, cut this shot of Bond having his arm sliced by Kananga!

Very likely I recall a lot of things being cut from Bond movies back in the 80's
    Final scene on the train!
    TeeHee returns.
    I really would love for the new Bond to have a last sequence like this, where the henchman turns up for a final showdown scrap!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I think the last shot of The Baron on the train is fantastic as the main theme kicks in again, really captures the imagination.
    Having Baron Samedi sitting on the train at the end was a lovely touch!
    Great viewing of LALD, really enjoyed it!
    LALD is one of my favourites, its the first Bond movie I ever watched.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Me too. My dad took me to see it when I was 6 or 7 years old. I never forgot that visit to the cinema! 😁💀
    I wonder how many packs of voodoo cards did the prop department have to buy, to pick out all those lovers ones! Or did they just make them?

I'm pretty sure the cards have the 007 logo on the back. They really were stacked in Bond’s favour!
    Funky music by George Martin for Bonds arrival at the airport

Love that score! Shame he only did one.

Me too. My dad took me to see it when I was 6 or 7 years old. I never forgot that visit to the cinema! 😁💀

A great film to start with, Moore is great and I love the score its top tier.

A great film to start with, Moore is great and I love the score its top tier.

It had only been Disney films up until then, so it was quite an eye opener!
    Excellent write up, @Mathis1. One of my favorite Bonds. Wish I could've joined you.

Well it's pretty late, but I've popped in another Bond,
    A VIEW TO A KILL. Figured I'd skip ahead to the last Roger outing.

I actually have the 2000 SE DVD and the Blu-ray playing simultaneously for now as I re calibrate my TV set. I do this every so often: set it to it's default settings and adjust from there.

The Eiffel Tower sequence.. I think that's Martin Grace who jumps atop the elevator.
    Flipping back and forth, the SE DVD is a bit more magenta looking on my set.
    Too bad the gunbarrel is so poorly framed on the Blu-ray.
    I love Bond effing up someone's wedding and getting arrested for his trouble.
    I need to figure out some way to maybe connect some Bluetooth speakers to my set so I can have more depth to my sound.
    As it is I'm watching the Bond's with just the speakers in my television.
    Oddly VHS on my set has hotter levels than DVD or Blu-ray. Maybe because it's analog and bigger?

Sir Roger and Patrick MacNee had wonderful chemistry.
    I doubt many young kids today watching this film would have any idea how legendary these two icons on the screen are. It was wonderful seeing them together in the cinema. A highlight of this film.
    I love the bit where Bond undercover puts the moves on Stacey and is rejected. Really he's getting information from her, but Roger was so good in this type of scene.
    Sneaky Bond and Sneaky Tibbett.
    I love this scene. I think the DVD plays slightly faster as I've had to re sync.
    This fight is pretty weak, but I love it anyway. It's meant to be funny. It's not the staircase from CR fight. Tibbett got creamed. Zorin just got creamed, too.
    Zorin doesn't care that Bond is in Mayday's room on a booty call.
    I really think we should have gotten Sir Roger's OOOOOHHHHH sound as Mayday flips him on his back. That would have been great!
    Zorin and Mayday are great villains, IMO.
    Have a soft spot for this film even though at one time it was my least favorite in the series. It's jumped up in my rankings.
    I think the Blu-ray is framed differently from the old DVD.
    It's pretty funny when Mayday drops Anthony Chinn from the blimp.
    The "Zorin Sucks" deleted scene would've been funny to have included. I always though Roger Moore here looked like Philip Drummond in that one episode of DIFF'RENT STROKES where he goes undercover and pretends to be a factory worker. Moore in blue jeans and a trucker's hat looked out of place.

Probably better off without that scene anyway.
    Bond waits the entire day for Stacey to get off work so he can follow her home.
    That must've been hours.
    I love the Wine With Stacey scene.
    I think the Zorin uniform jackets look better in the older DVD. More bluish gray than turquoise.
    Well just to show I do watch ALL of the Bond movies, I will take it on the chin and do a comments on one of Brossas (God help me!)
    It was a toss up between GE and TWINE as I refuse to endure DAD ( and no, it is NOT good the first half hour, as the title of another tread says!)
    So tossing a coin...........I chose TND 😅😅!!
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 6,813
    TOMORROW NEVER DIES (1997)
    Glass of whiskey in hand, here we go
    Gunbarrel, Ol stiff ass walks across the screen to newbie David Arnolds music. Not good..so far!
    Colin Salmon has a great voice! Would be a good narrator!
    Judi back with her old comedy sparring partner, Geoffrey! Great double act!
    And here he is! "Filthy habit!"
    Typical Vic Armstrong action
    Just explosions and gunfire
    Becomes tedious very quickly
    I remember there was a making of doc which is not on the current dvds of TND,
    Where Armstrong describes the part where Bond plays chicken with the other jet. (Done much better in TLD!) He describes how Bonds plane scrapes over the top of the other, this is not in the final shot, but would have improved it!
    Kleinman does another class title sequence
    Love the use of X ray