The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

God this is terrible whilst they are at the L'American.

The pacing comes to a complete halt here. By comparison it makes the Afghanistan section of TLD look like the QoS PTS.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Fast forwards the god awful main theme.

I actually quite like it 😏

Its like nails down a chalk board for me with his vocal, I have heard better cover versions.
    The script is terrible, illustrated by Bond and Denby's first interaction.

I hate that scene. It really is one of the worst scenes set in M's office of the series.

That scene totally falls flat and the actors seem awkward.
    Random smart blood scene Bond just sits down and does not even question the procedure prior to injection.

This silly 'smart blood' idea just shows the gap in credibility compared with CR, which had a tracer bug implanted in Bond’s arm.

DC's first two bond films feel more advanced than his last two that's for sure.
    I never fully bought in to Mr White having a crisis of conscience. this is a plot point I expect to be explored further in NTTD.

It's just more lazy scriptwriting. Let's drag back a character we've used before but have him do something out of character not suggested by any of his previous appearances. Just because the script needs it to happen.

A lot of what goes on in SP is very coincidental, SP's main issue is the tone its trying to set... is it an outlandish Bond film or a grounded more serious Bond film? The film cant decide and settles on neither.

SP should have had more fun and outlandish Big Bond elements put into it and cut out the melodrama it would have been a far better film.

I think you and I are on the same page regarding SP

Except for the theme song of course..😁
    '...cut out the middleman' and 'Stay' two great one liners.

That 'cut out the middleman' joke was used by Ben Elton back in the 80's, in reference to fast food 😁
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ToTheRight wrote: »

The pacing comes to a complete halt here. By comparison it makes the Afghanistan section of TLD look like the QoS PTS.

Decided not to watch the rest I know what happens sadly :))

That 'cut out the middleman' joke was used by Ben Elton back in the 80's, in reference to fast food 😁

I used to watch Ben Elton's stand up, I did not realise it was taken from that though its been some time since I watched Ben Elton.

Decided not to watch the rest I know what happens sadly :))

I used to watch Ben Elton's stand up, I did not realise it was taken from that though its been some time since I watched Ben Elton.

I'm not sure if the makers nicked it from Ben Elton (unlikely) but that's the first time I heard that joke.
    QUANTUM OF SOLACE
    While everyone else is at the NTTD Royal premiere tonight I'm at home.
    This seems a good choice. Felix is in it, Daniel rocks and Olga is my favorite Craig era Bond girl.
    Daniel looks great in suit sans tie.
    I love, no, worship the fact that this films reunited Bond with the icon PPK.
    I love the location captions.
    Wonderful stuff here.
    I love the little M scene in what his name's flat.
    I love the little M scene in what his name's flat.

Mitchell
    I'm so jealous. Right now at this very moment, everyone else is watching the newest film at the premiere. I'm at home. :(
    We have 10 long days to go.
    I feel like a 10 year old waiting for Christmas, and vacation time hasn't begun yet. LOL

This one has some great moment's. I love Camille's introduction.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,985
    QUANTUM OF SOLACE
    This seems a good choice. Felix is in it, Daniel rocks and Olga is my favorite Craig era Bond girl.

Love this film. Top ten for me 👍
    QUANTUM OF SOLACE

Live this film. Top ten for me 👍

My last ranking ( a few days ago) was utter rubbish. This one deserves to be considerably higher. It may crack my top 10 this time..............
    I'm feeling nostalgic for the wonderful year that was 2008.
    Camille is such a classic Fleming esque Bond girl.
    She's wonderful.
    QUANTUM OF SOLACE

My last ranking ( a few days ago) was utter rubbish. This one deserves to be considerably higher. It may crack my top 10 this time..............

Craig's first 3 films are all in my top ten.

Spectre was such a missed opportunity.
    QUANTUM OF SOLACE

Craig's first 3 films are all in my top ten.

Spectre was such a missed opportunity.

+1
    I adore Arnold's score as Bond drives to the opera.
    Wish I still had this soundtrack. All of my Bond soundtracks were sadly left behind when I moved a few years back.
    Dominic Greene is an underrated Villain, IMO.
    Fantastic Blu-ray!
    I love the scene on the plane as Bond is mourning Vesper. I can relate to this moment.
    The scene at Greene's party is another favorite of mine. Has a very classic feel to it.
    I like that Bond gets pulled over.
    The Mathis scene is quite moving.
    The plane sequence is a lot of fun. Reminds me of YOLT.
    I saw this film twice opening weekend. I remember going opening night after work. Had a group gathering from another job and some other friends. Some of us loved the film and others were "meh."
    I was one that loved it.
    I love the scene on the plane as Bond is mourning Vesper. I can relate to this moment.

One of my favourite scenes from this film. Craig and Mathis have such great chemistry.

One of my favourite scenes from this film. Craig and Mathis have such great chemistry.

Mine too. As good as the scene on the train with Vesper from CR! Well written and Craig conveys so much while saying little!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Mine too. As good as the scene on the train with Vesper from CR! Well written and Craig conveys so much while saying little!

It's these little character moments that SP was sorely missing. Sometimes it's not the bombastic action and scale that makes a Bond film...
    Bond's chemistry with Mathis during the scene is spot on.
    YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE

Four word title, 5th outing and the way this one begins..............sensing a theme here.
    Great gunbarrel. I love the black and white rendering of this classic gunbarrel pose.

The legendary Shane Rimmer.
    Barry's score never fails to amaze me.
    The first time I saw this film was a March 1985 airing on The ABC Sunday Night Movie. I loved it, but noted a lack of "Bond, James Bond".

Later that year my folks bought a VHS player and this was the second Bond film we rented from Tower Records (the first being GOLDFINGER ).

I always liked the cover for the CBS/FOX Home Video edition. Great shot of Connery.