The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Moonraker is just a big over the top romp =D>
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Great comments... I am going to put myself through the trauma of watching SP tonight leading up to NTTD just to refresh my memory, I suspect there will be a few relevant plot points.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Great comments... I am going to put myself through the trauma of watching SP tonight leading up to NTTD just to refresh my memory, I suspect there will be a few relevant plot points.

I watched it again recently but there are many scenes I FF through. That stupid car chase, Bond meeting Mr White, all the scenes between M and C and the dumb plane chase. Did Hinx and his men not think to just stop the cars and let Bond’s plane hurtle down the slope on its own?

It's also not often I watch the third act either.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I watched it again recently but there are many scenes I FF through. That stupid car chase, Bond meeting Mr White, all the scenes between M and C and the dumb plane chase. Did Hinx and his men not think to just stop the cars and let Bond’s plane hurtle down the slope on its own?

Watching the pre title sequence now which is for the me the best part of the film, I am already thinking of switching the film off as soon as Sam Smith start's making my ears bleed lol
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,419
    The filters in SP get progressively worse over time.

Too much CGI in the pre title sequence for me, seems more noticeable on this watch.
    Some of DC's none verbal reactions are good.
    Fast forwards the god awful main theme.
    The desaturated look of the film saps all the life out of proceedings.
    The script is terrible, illustrated by Bond and Denby's first interaction.
    Boorrriinnnggg!!!!
    'He ain't heavy he's my brother'. ~X(
    God this film is bleak, Bond on the Thames with the enigmatic Rory Kinnear.
    DC looks utterly bored.
    Random smart blood scene Bond just sits down and does not even question the procedure prior to injection.
    SP reminds me of one of the Harry Potter films.
    Funeral scene is well shot.
    Bond taking out Bellucci's executioners is good, unfortunately followed by a cringey scene.
    Bellucci and Bond's verbal joust sounds like lyrics to a bad song, the attempted rhythmic beat of the dialogue is off putting.

Watching the pre title sequence now which is for the me the best part of the film, I am already thinking of switching the film off as soon as Sam Smith start's making my ears bleed lol

I often feel like switching to another Bond film once that THE DEAD.......ARE ALIVE
    caption appears.
    The Spectre meeting looks good and does make me think of TB.
    I wish Blofeld would have stayed in the shadows for the whole film.
    I hate the Cuckoo line.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,419
    The worst decision the the series making Blofeld and Bond step brothers, totally unnecessary.

Lazy performance from Waltz, not a fan of him in this role one of the things I am less excited about for NTTD.
    Bond run... Backfire one of the few Newman tracks I like.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I often feel like switching to another Bond film once that THE DEAD.......ARE ALIVE
    caption appears.

I am surprised I am still watching lol
    Car chase is average, its almost like they have the hand break on for the action scenes in this film.
    Phone call to Moneypenny totally kills the chase scene robs it of energy.
    Melodrama during an action scene we are subjected to dialogue about Moneypenny's personal life, exciting stuff. /:)
    The excitement ramps up as we see Moneypenny open her fridge door.
    I liked this car chase when I first saw it, I must have been drunk.