The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Denby's surveillance sub plot 8-|
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gripping stuff this.
    This film attempts to kid the audience that there is some kind of mystery to solve.
    I never fully bought in to Mr White having a crisis of conscience. this is a plot point I expect to be explored further in NTTD.
    I will watch the rest of this tomorrow.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Fast forwards the god awful main theme.

I actually quite like it 😏
    The script is terrible, illustrated by Bond and Denby's first interaction.

I hate that scene. It really is one of the worst scenes set in M's office of the series.
    Random smart blood scene Bond just sits down and does not even question the procedure prior to injection.

This silly 'smart blood' idea just shows the gap in credibility compared with CR, which had a tracer bug implanted in Bond’s arm.
    I never fully bought in to Mr White having a crisis of conscience. this is a plot point I expect to be explored further in NTTD.

It's just more lazy scriptwriting. Let's drag back a character we've used before but have him do something out of character not suggested by any of his previous appearances. Just because the script needs it to happen.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,419
    Fast forwards the god awful main theme.

I actually quite like it 😏

Its like nails down a chalk board for me with his vocal, I have heard better cover versions.
    The script is terrible, illustrated by Bond and Denby's first interaction.

I hate that scene. It really is one of the worst scenes set in M's office of the series.

That scene totally falls flat and the actors seem awkward.
    Random smart blood scene Bond just sits down and does not even question the procedure prior to injection.

This silly 'smart blood' idea just shows the gap in credibility compared with CR, which had a tracer bug implanted in Bond’s arm.

DC's first two bond films feel more advanced than his last two that's for sure.

It's just more lazy scriptwriting. Let's drag back a character we've used before but have him do something out of character not suggested by any of his previous appearances. Just because the script needs it to happen.

A lot of what goes on in SP is very coincidental, SP's main issue is the tone its trying to set... is it an outlandish Bond film or a grounded more serious Bond film? The film cant decide and settles on neither.

SP should have had more fun and outlandish Big Bond elements put into it and cut out the melodrama it would have been a far better film.
    Resuming to the torture... (Presses Play)

Back in bleak London C and M talking drivel about keeping people safe.
    This film instantly drains the lifeforce.
    There just is no grit and aggression in SP for the most part everything feels flat and ponderous.
    Bond meets dull as Dishwater Madeline and proceeding's become even more low key.
    I never bought into this relationship it is no where close to Tracy and Vesper or even Octopussy's chemistry with Bond.
    Q arrives at the institute or whatever it is to crank up the sub plot (Yawn).

This is deservedly my lowest ranked Bond film its just so dull. I am a huge fan of cinematography and Mendes can frame a good shot though the shots are wasted when I am getting zero emotional response from this film.
    '...cut out the middleman' and 'Stay' two great one liners.
    Bond looks cool in black snow gear shame its wasted on a rubbish action scene that follows.
    Why does Spectre henchman just watch Q whilst sat in the empty cable car analysing the ring, said henchman could of just attacked Q then and took his gear.
    I like the stare down between Bond (in plane) and Hinx (in car), Bond gives acknowledgement and then starts shooting, a good exchange.
    The analysis data results of the Spectre ring is just stupid.
    There is more plot armour n this film than Gustav Graves Exo suit.
    The plane sequence with Bond has to go down as one of the most uninspiring set pieces of the series.
    Hinx is still alive just in case anyone cared.
    Q's hotel room again dimly lit and desaturated.
    Tangier... Mendes shouts change the filter.
    Bond and Madeline go back to whispering at each other.
    Wow I cant wait to see these two reunite and share scenes together in NTTD.
    God this is terrible whilst they are at the L'American.
    I will endure the rest of this dross later...