The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

The gunbarrel is amazing.

Now the jump cut replaces the traditional dot expansion. In my humble..........no, in my arrogant opinion, that is the ONLY tampering with this iconic trademark I find acceptable. There's some elbow room as far as the Bond theme recording goes,

I like the sweaters worn aboard the crew of the St Georges. I used to have a similar sweater I picked up at an Army Surplus.

Freddie Gray is the man. Geoffrey Keen. Excellent actor.

Timothy Havelock reminds me of a young Robin Leach as he appeared in the early episodes of LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS. The ski chase music from this film was used as that show's main theme music. Oddly enough.

This is where they get killed..............................
    cue the legendary Bill Conti.

Melina is pi$$ed,
    I love the music cue as Bond is cruising in Madrid. 007 needs an old school map to get around. YES!!!!!

Locque is great.

The villains in this film: Kristatos, and Locque remind me of upper management in an office job environment who happen to be a**holes.

I very much look forward to seeing Sir Roger's Bond kill Locque later.

The great Citroen chase sequence.

A Drive in the Country starring the Roger Nod.
    Cortinia sequences. Bond frolicking in the snow.

PULL EXTEND YOUR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMS!

Roger looks great in this one.

I find this film the perfect example of presenting a slightly older Bond. It acknowledges his age without overdoing it or pushing it in the audience's face.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 15,907
    You get your clothes on, and I'll buy you an ice cream.
    Bond orders prawns and salad. When was the last time we saw Bond dine? CR?

I miss scenes like this in the series.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Me too. I also miss Bond beating an enemy at a game. Yet again last time was CR.

Wonder if 007 will ever play golf again in a movie?

Me too. I also miss Bond beating an enemy at a game. Yet again last time was CR.

Wonder if 007 will ever play golf again in a movie?

I'd love to see that.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Anyone interested in a viewing party this upcoming week??
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I love the QOS title sequence by MK12, greatly preferring it to Kleinman’s last two outings. Stick with a theme and style (look back to his earlier work on the Brosnan films and CR; great stuff, it surpasses most of Binder’s work), not the film in miniature that we have been getting of late.

It is one of the very best in the series.
    I love the QOS title sequence by MK12, greatly preferring it to Kleinman’s last two outings. Stick with a theme and style (look back to his earlier work on the Brosnan films and CR; great stuff, it surpasses most of Binder’s work), not the film in miniature that we have been getting of late.

Absolutely agree with you. Kleinman titles were too overloaded in his last 2. MK12s title sequence really flows well, and the imagery is kept simple, love the colour palette of it too.
    Would have preferred someone new for NTTD, but Kleinman can still redeem himself!
    I think Kleinman's gunbarrel designs have been below par for Craig's film. I loved his gunbarrel for Brosnan, though.
    OHMSS tonight at 930pm EST?
    I think Kleinman's gunbarrel designs have been below par for Craig's film. I loved his gunbarrel for Brosnan, though.

Apart from CR!! That was a surprisingly fresh and energetic take on the title sequence, helped by a punchy song. He needs to do it again!
    Rounding up some of the old crew if they are available for a Bond viewing party at 930p eastern us time tonight

@FoxRox @ToTheRight @Creasy47 @Birdleson @bondjames @mattjoes @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    I think this was the group from our NSNA/TB double feature last year. Copy any others you may think would want to join.

Also if the time doesn't work for anyone, we can plan for later in the week, but figured with the holidays some might have availability to do a watch.
    OHMSS tonight @ 9:30 EST?

How can I refuse such a gracious invitation?
    Some Lazenby Bond might be just what I need after a day like today.
    Count me in!
    Cool. Where are you again?

New York State.
    That's right. Up near Buffalo or Rochester, I think. I believe that I told you that I grew up (from 4th grade through HS) in Binghamton, then went to Syracuse University.

Right. I remember that. Yeah, I'm a few hours from Syracuse, about an hour from Montreal.
    @RichardTheBruce @Pierce2Daniel @BMW_with_missiles @vzok @Thunderball if interested we are doing an OHMSS viewing party in this thread four hours from now (930p eastern US time) to celebrate the holidays!
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,426
    Thanks for the tag, unfortunately I’m in the UK which would be the middle of the night here, however I shall look forward to reading your comments after the event! If ever any afternoon sessions are arranged in the future (ie evening GMT) then please do remember me, I’d be happy to join in if I can.

Enjoy the show, and say hi to Hilly for me! 👍
    @Max_The_Parrot always the tricky party about having a hobby so renown globally! Perhaps we can get one going in the coming week of people have off around the holidays so that it's noon Pacific US time, 3pm EST, and 8 pm UK time
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,354
    Sending one more invite to a few more members online in case they want to partake in tonight's discussion.

OHMSS viewing party at 9:30p EST tonight.

@TripAces @Agent007391 @LeonardPine @Mathis1 @mattjoes @CraigMooreOHMSS @Dwayne @jobo @Thunderfinger @Major_Boothroyd @Last_Rat_Standing
    @MooseWithFleas I appreciate the invitation, but I will be at work sadly. I hope you all have fun though!
    40 minutes! @ToTheRight and @Birdleson still in?
    So far I am still in, though I may end up bailing a bit early unfortunately.
    Haven't slept much since last Thursday.
    Either way as of now I'm still awake.
    Sorry to hear that @ToTheRight , hope everything is alright and it's nothing too serious keeping you up.

Going to go make a martini in a minute or two and pop in the blu-ray.
    Thanks, @MooseWithFleas.

I work graveyards, also my better half has been ill, so I've been looking after her.

five minutes and counting................
    Thanks, @MooseWithFleas.

I work graveyards, also my better half has been ill, so I've been looking after her.

Sickness is really going around right now, sucks that it is just before the holidays.
    My Blu Ray player is soon to be replaced. It's been taking a long time to upload.
    I'll hit play right when my cell hits 9:30