The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

1443444446448449749

Comments

  • Posts: 15,926
    ...........and Franz goes up in flames. Great climax.

    Everyone is at Sanchez's bachelor pad partying hard. Even Q. I suppose it's meant to be Lupe's engagement party.
    I doubt Bond and Q would have really stayed around Isthmus City long enough to accept Lupe's invitation. Especially Pam. They'd all have more important things to do. That bothers me more than Felix's happy go lucky attitude and the winking fish.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 14,191
    True... Franz wouldn't have believed Krest either way, but still, he was rather blasé about getting murdered.

    Also, I don't get why Bond chose to sleep in the same room with Q, rather than with Pam. Is the man deranged?

    I love Winky! My favourite fish in all the Bond films.
  • Posts: 15,926
    QBranch wrote: »
    True... Franz wouldn't have believed Krest either way, but still, he was rather blasé about getting murdered.

    Also, I don't get why Bond chose to sleep in the same room with Q, rather than with Pam. Is the man deranged?

    I love Winky! My favourite fish in all the Bond films.

    That bit with Q " I hope you don't snore, Q" got a huge laugh in the cinema. In fact all his scenes had quite a response from the audience.

    Some of the actions scenes as well.The water ski bit and the tanker wheelies brought down the house. One really doesn't get that vocal of a response these days. Those were incredibly loud cheers!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 14,191
    Tim sure does get a bit of water action here, doesn't he? Water skiing; scuba; driving two or more boats... Sooo hoping Dan gets to put on the mask and flippers.
  • Posts: 15,926
    QBranch wrote: »
    Tim sure does get a bit of water action here, doesn't he? Water skiing; scuba; driving two or more boats... Sooo hoping Dan gets to put on the mask and flippers.

    Me, too. We haven't seen him scuba dive, ski or really parachute (not counting the CGI wind tunnel bit).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,489
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    ...........and Franz goes up in flames. Great climax.

    Everyone is at Sanchez's bachelor pad partying hard. Even Q. I suppose it's meant to be Lupe's engagement party.

    Lupe hooking up with El Presidente reminds me of Bibi hooking up with Columbo.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 15,926
    Birdleson wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Krest doesn't plead too much for his life before getting thrown in the chamber. That always annoyed me.

    Probably happened so fast it hadn't quite hit him what was about to happen. In shock and confused as to why Sanchez wasn't believing him.

    I agree with @QBranch on that one. It drags out long enough for him (and he's a crafty, weasily guy) to at least attempt to clarify his position somewhat more precisely.

    I'm of the opinion he hit the bottle quite hard prior to his meeting with Sanchez, and was still guzzling down the booze while clumsily trying to explain the mysterious Wavekrest intruder. He just wasn't at the top of his game. Thus he failed to state his case clearly to Sanchez and his fate was sealed.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,873
    Anyone else notice this? I imagine someone has and I'm sure it was intentional...

    1sb3mt.jpg
    ForYourEyesOnly_quad_UK_BrianBysouth-2.jpg
  • Posts: 6,975
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Feels like ages since I've visited this thread. Well it's my day off and dammit, I'm Bonding today.



    LICENCE TO KILL


    I saw this opening day in '89. The trailer preceding was for ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN, I believe a UA film.

    The UA logo kicks in with the gunbarrel. Great score, IMO.

    I love Kamen's Bond theme music here.

    I really have a soft spot for this one.

    Mickey G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I really love this Bond.

    Tim is chilin' out with Felix and Sharkey. I like their tailcoats.
    I think Tim's hair looks the best in the PTS than in the rest for the film.

    What did he promise you? His Heart? Give her his heart.

    Great line followed by a spanking.


    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGH!!!!!

    Distinctly 'remember seeing it on its opening weekend. It was a very hot Summer, and we had a general election here in Ireland. ( reason I remember that is that a certain politician said he usually goes to the cinema to avoid the tension of the count, and the interviewer told him he should see the new Bond movie!)
    Great times. Really miss Bond being released in the Summer, though it looks like we might be heading back that way!!
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Posts: 1,533
    Watching QOS at the moment. Honestly, one of the funniest scenes for me is when Greene arrives in Bregenz and gives this creepy look to Beam and Leiter. Beam is smiling like the joker and Leiter looks sick to his stomach.
  • Posts: 15,926
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Feels like ages since I've visited this thread. Well it's my day off and dammit, I'm Bonding today.



    LICENCE TO KILL


    I saw this opening day in '89. The trailer preceding was for ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN, I believe a UA film.

    The UA logo kicks in with the gunbarrel. Great score, IMO.

    I love Kamen's Bond theme music here.

    I really have a soft spot for this one.

    Mickey G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I really love this Bond.

    Tim is chilin' out with Felix and Sharkey. I like their tailcoats.
    I think Tim's hair looks the best in the PTS than in the rest for the film.

    What did he promise you? His Heart? Give her his heart.

    Great line followed by a spanking.


    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGH!!!!!

    Distinctly 'remember seeing it on its opening weekend. It was a very hot Summer, and we had a general election here in Ireland. ( reason I remember that is that a certain politician said he usually goes to the cinema to avoid the tension of the count, and the interviewer told him he should see the new Bond movie!)
    Great times. Really miss Bond being released in the Summer, though it looks like we might be heading back that way!!

    I also miss the summer event Bond movie. Summer blockbusters were a blast when I was kid and the newest Bond was the film I'd look most forward to.
    I suppose as an adult now, it might not be quite the same. School was out, I was far too young to look for a job so it was like having 3 months of carefree no worries. Just focusing on hanging out with friends, Bond and other movies.
    I remember July 14th, 1989 there had been a power outage in the neighborhood LICENCE was playing. So I waited outside for quite awhile hoping the power would come back. Luckily it did, and I got a good seat. The next day my Dad and I went to the matinee. He loved the as much as I did.
  • Posts: 12,312
    Been in the mood for OHMSS a lot lately. I’ll have to put it on again sometime soon. Also have to begin the LALD novel! Just have not had the time the last couple days between work and school.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 14,191
    Now I know why she had such a long neck.
  • mattjoesmattjoes At my most trollish behavior
    Posts: 6,893
    You were aching to find out, weren't you?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 14,191
    It was on a need-to-know basis.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Posts: 2,252
    I like how Moore has his cigars in lald and tmwtgg. I think he's playing himself more than Bond, but I do love his first two performances
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 14,191
    Bond should smoke again. I don't smoke anymore, but would love to see him pull a Morland from his silver case now and then in the films.
  • Posts: 15,926
    I'd like to see Bond light up and utter the line again. Or just light up and look cool with a cigarette. Some actors make cigarettes look effortlessly cool: Connery, Lazenby, and Dalton.

    Not to mention the classic film stars like Bogie, James Dean, Robert Mitchum etc. Of course during the golden age of Hollywood a cigarette was a typical activity for actors to use in a scene. Today you don't see as much of that, though I personally know quite a few people who smoke today.
  • Posts: 19,339
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I'd like to see Bond light up and utter the line again. Or just light up and look cool with a cigarette. Some actors make cigarettes look effortlessly cool: Connery, Lazenby, and Dalton.

    Not to mention the classic film stars like Bogie, James Dean, Robert Mitchum etc. Of course during the golden age of Hollywood a cigarette was a typical activity for actors to use in a scene. Today you don't see as much of that, though I personally know quite a few people who smoke today.

    You cant beat Sir Roger with his cigar's imo ...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 14,191
    barryt007 wrote: »
    You cant beat Sir Roger with his cigar's imo ...
    Cigar girl with my cigar.
  • Posts: 19,339
    QBranch wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    You cant beat Sir Roger with his cigar's imo ...
    Cigar girl with my cigar.

    Is that your nickname for it ? mine is called Sir Roger.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 14,191
    barryt007 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    You cant beat Sir Roger with his cigar's imo ...
    Cigar girl with my cigar.
    Is that your nickname for it ?
    Actually, it's 'Q-tip'.
  • Posts: 19,339
    QBranch wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    You cant beat Sir Roger with his cigar's imo ...
    Cigar girl with my cigar.
    Is that your nickname for it ?
    Actually, it's 'Q-tip'.

    tenor.gif?itemid=6107729
  • Posts: 15,926
    In honor of Jamaica, watching, DR NO.

    That news made me in the mood for this one.
    Watching it in it's original mono sound, as IMO the early mono tracks are the real audio for these films.

    One of the Bond fan sites tracked down that rare 20th Century Fox VHS copy of this film..............the one with the supposedly added scenes of Bond's beating, and confirmed it was the same as every other version.

    I'd like to find that one anyway. I do love this Blu-ray, but feel the color timing was better on the pre-Lowery versions. Those were more true to the actual film. I believe the SE DVD on this film was framed tighter, though.
  • Posts: 15,926
    Bond says the line. The best here in spite of the many continuity errors. Actually, GF is my favorite Connery reading of the line, LALD is my favorite Roger, with OP a close second. Lazenby did a lovely reading as well.
    Easily my least favorite was in SP. I found that reading over done and embarrassing. Pity as Craig did it great in CR.

    This is one of my favorite M scenes. I love the fact it's 3 in the morning and both M and Moneypenny are still working a the office. Must be their turn to take on MI6's graveyard shift. Maybe they were called into the office middle of the night? Woken up, had o get dressed and head into the office. Bond just spends his free time, middle of the night hours gambling. I love it!!!!!
  • Posts: 15,926
    Mr. Jones. Really not much of a problem for Bond. I love the look on Connery's face in the back seat as Jones is driving. He kind of enjoys knowing he already has the better of Jones.

    This scene is funny.

    Bond kicked his a$$.

    I remember in some of he publicity photos of this scene Bond isn't wearing his hat.
  • Posts: 15,926
    Here is one of my favorite scenes: Bond placing the hair on his door and going over his suite. I always loved the hotel bits when I was a kid.

    Bond meets Quarrel. I like people who's friends of people.
  • Posts: 15,926
    Unlike Jones, Quarrel and Pussfeller DO present a bigger challenge for Bond. He still comes out on top until Leiter arrives.

    I do hope we hear JUMP UP in B25.

  • Posts: 15,926
    Bond's hotel suite furniture looks just like his bathrobe in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN.

    I love the tarantula sequence. Bond pukes.
  • Posts: 15,926
    Professor Dent gets his.
    I really love the look and style of the early Terence Young Bonds. Connery looks great in the 3 films Young did. His clothes, physique and haircut are all spot on.
Sign In or Register to comment.