The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    James St. John Smythe, best alias ever!
    “Mr. Zorin, those men are loyal to you!”

Man this scene is brutal. One of the darkest bits in the franchise.
    I take it you ride?
    I'm happiest.... In the saddle.
    A fellow sportsman :)

I could watch this scene go on for another twenty minutes!

FoxRox wrote: »

It really is. They did a decent job of establishing many secondary henchmen and henchwomen and this scene shows how disposable Zorin sees them and all people as.
    FoxRox wrote: »

It really is. They did a decent job of establishing many secondary henchmen and henchwomen and this scene shows how disposable Zorin sees them and all people as.

For sure. Zorin is truly a great villain. I love the moment where he says “this will hurt him more than it will hurt me,” and laughs after his plan has failed, while the other two are not amused at all anymore.

Now it gets serious. His face when he grabs the axe!
    Watch concluded! I think I enjoy AVTAK more and more every time. Honestly a good way for Moore to go out - much more enjoyable than Connery and Brosnan’s swansongs for me personally.
    Agreed Rog goes out on a great note. Even while it ranks a little lower on my list, I still enjoy it quite a bit.

Have a great day @FoxRox
    I wish Tibbett didn't have to go so early. Great character and Macnee is the perfect legend to play him.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,721
    It's 8am here...after work - In about 10 hours time (6pm NZ time) I will put on LTK - if anyone fancies a group viewing? @Birdleson @ToTheRight @FoxRox @MooseWithFleas
    I'll be at work in 10 hrs, other wise I'd have loved to.
    A little too late for me. Perhaps a viewing Friday night US time, Saturday morning NZ time?
    @Major_Boothroyd I don’t think I can make it, but I appreciate the invitation!
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    AVTAK The morning shot of Stacey's mansion after Bond tucks her in originally had a shaking motion to indicate the earth tremor which wakes Bond up. The tremor was taken out of the Lowery restoration, making Stacey's mansion simply look like an ordinary establishing shot.
    Perhaps those at Lowery were n't too familiar with VIEW's plot-line and thought the shaky camera work was due to print quality?

I wouldn't be surprised if their software automatically removed that shaky motion and they never even noticed. Goes to show you you can't just use automated programs to restore a film. Someone familiar with the film needs to take a look at it.
    Did Zorin think of Scarpine and Mortner as disposable pawns as well?

We see him mow his own men down for fun, as they would have all surely died from the flooding and/or impact of the explosion MayDay and Bond stopped. Makes you wonder what atrocities he caused before the events of the film.

I think Scarpine would have been toast at a moment's notice depending on how Zorin felt that day. Maybe slightly different for Mortner because of the 'fatherly' connection.
    A little too late for me. Perhaps a viewing Friday night US time, Saturday morning NZ time?

Weekends are difficult for me so maybe we can try to organise a viewing of another Bond film with a bit more notice.

Sorry gents - just a spontaneous idea - will watch LTK tonight as I haven't watched it in ages!

Got a little time before work so ............
    FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

Great moody PTS.

Connery looks good in this one.

As the mask is removed I cannot help but think the double resembles Howard Sprague from the color episodes of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW.

Well, sort of. I think it might be interesting to have another instrumental theme for a title sequence. They could have done that for SP.

Kronsteen destroyed MacAdams. Great villain Kronsteen is. Creepy and slimy. The type of character Peter Lorre would have played in the 1940's.
    Eric Pohlman. Some sources say Joseph Wiseman did Blofeld's voice for TB. I always thought it sounded more like Wiseman in that film, but somehow, Pohlman's voice here is the most threatening, IMO.
    Craig is now older than Desmond was in this film.

My favorite gadget in the series, the attache case. I really had a thing for briefcases when I was kid. The way Captain Nash packed his case before Grant to him looks like he also used it a bit as a suitcase.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 15,850
    When I was a kid Trapper Keeper notebooks were all the rage and I used to pretend it was my version of Bond's attache case.

One year before school I asked my best friend if he had gotten a new one for the school year and he told me his dad had given him a leather folder. The kind a yellow legal goes in with a pocket on the opposite side. He called it a "Man's folder". I was immediately jealous when I saw it: burgundy color similar to Roger's attache case in the OP PTS.

My grandmother took me out to find a similar one came away with a brown leather folder complete with a little calculator. I pretended that was my gadget packed briefcase. LOL.
    I eventually saved up my allowance and bought a real attache case with he combination lock adjusted to 007 of course. I put if a toy folding rifle , plastic knives and some other items.

When I moved about 16 years ago I actually gave that case to my best friend who had inspired me with his burgundy folder so many years before.

He still has it.................and it still has the toy folding rifle.
    Kerim Bey is one of my favorite characters in the series. A legend. Pedro was great in so man golden age Hollywood classics.
    The gypsy camp scene is one of my favorites in the series. I love Sean's laugh as he watches the belly dancer do her moves. He's clearly enjoying himself.
    I also love his look of disapproval during the fight between Martine and Aliza Gur,

The battle scene is wonderful as well. We get the 007 theme.

I remember seeing this one on the big screen years ago and noting how intense Sean's performance is during the Krilencu killing scene.Sean means business. I still maintain the opinion his performance in this film is the truest to Fleming's Bond. He's Fleming's Bond with some added Terence Young flare.
    The death of Kerim. I'm so enthralled in the plot I'm hardly posting. Such a classic film. I'd place this as one of the greatest films of all time.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Watching skyfall right now
    At the Scotland bit

How exactly is it that bond becomes accurate again? Is it because Albert Finney tells him not to let it pull to the left?
    Just about to sit down to Licence To Kill.

I do love the blu-Ray menus. Especially the music choices (just wish they went a little longer)
    That gunbarrel! Love it, gets me ready for danger every time
    The music in this PTS is good. Real urgency and danger to it.

Felix should have put his auto-out-of-office reply on his email...surely the CIA have a competent second in command on the Sanchez mission who can cover for him on his wedding day?
    I like the combination of the slow-mo shot of Felix and the DEA running and Kamen's score at that moment.
    @Major_Boothroyd Enjoy! Like @Birdleson I will likely be going to sleep soon.
    The script writers missed a trick with Lupe. The set up of Sanchez being obsessed with her enough to risk capture in the U.S is a powerful motivation. She could have been used much more in the plot.
    Thanks @FoxRox ! Curse my time zone @Birdleson. It doesn't align too kindly with many others to get a group watch on. But I'll make an effort one of these days. I'm fresh home from work with my wife working a rare night shift and I've been salivating to watch LTK again lately for some reason.