The Youtube Thread

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I love this trailer, which promotes the release of Alfred Hitchcock's films on DVD. From the late 90s or early 2000s, I believe.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thaks for this @DaltonCraig007. Great watch. Willis was such a smooth dude when younger, and he's right about McClane. The consummate everyman American hero.

They are rereleasing it this year on 4K for the 30th anniversary and I'm waiting for a copy before revisiting it. Perhaps I'll do a double bill of the original and Johnson's Skyscraper later this year.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I love this trailer, which promotes the release of Alfred Hitchcock's films on DVD. From the late 90s or early 2000s, I believe.

I have the dvd and the Bluray set for these films, excellent collection, the Bluray Boxset is one of my favourite sets fantastic presentation.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

:))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    mattjoes wrote: »

Definitely a trailer made to appeal to viewers with shorter attention spans. If it gets them interested in watching Hitchcock films then I'm all for it. Karin Dor(Helga Brandt from YOLT) at 0:49-0:54.

Napoleon Solo turns out to be a wealthy ex-boyfriend of Laura Petrie's making Rob jealous in this classic TV episode:

Footage from the International Space Station accompanied by John Barry's "Flight Into Space" from MR:

edited May 2018 Posts: 45,489
    @PrinceKamalKhan , that was excellent.

Dune was a horrible movie experience.

@PrinceKamalKhan , that was excellent.

Agreed.

Here's an uber-cool mid 1960s lounge era "I Dream of Jeannie" style cover of Johnny Rivers' theme song to the classic Patrick McGoohan tv series:

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I have that album. :D
    edited May 2018 Posts: 3,262
    I have that album. :D

It's a good one. I'm thinking of getting a CD of it myself. Love this tract from it also replete with the Presidential ring tone:

RIP to the Lois Lane of my childhood:

I too saw it in the theatre back then. Fantastic experience, at least back then.

Great scene so glad the Donner Cut of Superman 2 happened.

• JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands

Does anyone know if there is a full rendition of this Bond theme variation?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Not officially, unfortunately.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 3,262

Great scene so glad the Donner Cut of Superman 2 happened.

Agreed. And don't forget the rejoinder to that scene which was actually Miss Kidder's screentest:

With the news today of the volcanic eruption in Hawaii, I was reminded of this classic 1951 movie starring Louis Jourdan(32 years before he played myself Prince Kamal Khan) and the gorgeous Debra Paget, a lovely and very nice lady I had the pleasure of meeting a long time ago: