The Youtube Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Loved this as a kid, great video.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,265
    Birdleson wrote: »
    When I saw Paul Simon in Central Park (1981), Chevy came out on stag for this song.

I am a fan of Simon and Garfunkel would have loved to have had opportunity to see them live, do you mean 1986 regarding You can call me Al?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,265
    When I saw Paul Simon in Central Park (1981), Chevy came out on stag for this song.

I am a fan of Simon and Garfunkle would have loved to have had opportunity to see them live, do you mean 1986 regarding You can call me Al?

No, I meant 1991, when the concert was held (typo). You can watch it one YouTube.

I next saw him at The Hollywood Bowl in the late '90s on that tour that he did with Dylan. Paul opened with a strong set, then they played a few songs together on acoustic (SOUNDS OF SILENCE, KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR, a Johnny Cash cover), and then Dylan and his band closed with an absolutely great set. I saw so many great Dylan shows between '86 and about 2003, every time since has been pretty lame. He almost always forgoes the guitar and solely plays keyboards.

The last time that I saw Paul Simon was a Simon and Garfunkel show about 14 years ago at the HP Pavilion in San Jose. The sound was awful (always is in that place). I thought (and I heard the same from friends who caught the same tour at other venues around the country) that they were upstaged by The Everly Brothers (they all played together, then the Everly's were given their own set).

I guess sometimes the experience overrides the poor sound, living in England I am envious of the concerts you have attended. I worked for a promotions company hiring Bands for local venues, not always well known though I loved it.
    That sounds like a fun job. Some of my favorite shows were the small ones, with lesser known bands. The only concert I ever went to in England was about 11 years ago at The Mean Fiddler, in London. Ironically, the band was Canadian; The Weakerthans. I have seen many English bands in the US, though.

It was a good wind down from College at the time, it's been a decade since I watched any live bands something I need to address.

Slightly awkward :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    In honor her 96th birthday and her still being with us, here is Frank Tashlin's 1966 slapstick spy spoof classic teaming her up with John Gardner's The Liquidator aka Boysie Oakes aka Rod Taylor:

edited April 2018 Posts: 45,489
    That s a cool trailer.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Been listening to this repeatedly, today.

I'm patiently waiting for the whole series to come out remastered in two months.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Classic '80s sitcoms:

Possibly my favorite individual episode of each of these 2 series.