Comments

• JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Sylester cons Tweety into playing sandwich:

Classic WB cartoon moment.
    James Bond and Obi Wan Kenobi?

Great scene from the 1970 historical epic "Cromwell"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't view Leiter like that. When done correctly he's great. Hanks does do a great Connery though!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Pam has become my faourite character in that show. \m/

Not mine- but I truly haven't laughed that hard in a while!!
    Whoever did Brosnan's voice did it PERFECTLY!!

'Point taken. (sluuuuuurrpp)'

and the 'growl' over Brosnan's 'pain face' :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Brosnan's growl just has me on the floor.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Fan trailer for the 1968 western film Sean Connery and Brigitte Bardot made instead of OHMSS:

and its theme song:

• OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    @Master_Dahark That... that was amazing! :-))
    For timmer, Tiffany Case meets Batman:

Shimply brilliant:
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    it's comic con 2011

Interesting to see what a cultural phenomenon GF started, reflected in scenes from this classic episode-

This gets me every time.... i DON't know why it just dose.

As the comment under it says

"This still cracks me up; it's sad how a parody Bond song turned out better than the @#!?ty one they ended up using."
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    yeah, I still don't know what QUANTUM of SOLACE means
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended

it stops at 9:59
    Trailer for the only Sean Connery film directed by the great Alfred Hitchcock:

• yeah, I still don't know what QUANTUM of SOLACE means
    I'm sure that this has been answered elsewhere but I just saw this here now - it means the smallest possible measure of comfort.

Solace is a much more common word in Canada (and I presume the UK) than in the US, although it tends to be used more by older generations. However, most people I know knew what solace meant prior to the film coming out.

Quantum however is very misunderstood probably because of the phrase "quantum leap" - most people assume that quantum means huge i.e. a huge leap forward. But it means the opposite - the smallest possible measure of something; so small that it cannot be further divided into smaller units. Therefore a quantum leap is a leap with no midpoint or divisions - so from one thing to another without any stages in between.

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!

Watch this absolutely fantastic Bond trailer for all the Roger Moore series released in 1993. I remember this so well and this is one of the very best trailers ever for the series on home video..just check out the original cinema artwork..and get how excited the narrator is. Just Brill. What say you?? :-) So glad I tracked this down...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    The cover artwork is the best thing @Monsieur_Aubergine. There's also another one for Sean Connery's films from 1992. If only I could track that down..I'll search YouTube now.

I want those covers for the films next year - the original posters!
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    The cover artwork is the best thing @Monsieur_Aubergine. There's also another one for Sean Connery's films from 1992. If only I could track that down..I'll search YouTube now.

Me too, so much, there would be nothing better! I have tried searching high and low for the Sean one but I just cant seem to find it!! :-( I captured it to DVD before I got rid of the VCR but now I cant even find that..

I just wish they would treat them like this all the time and not just throw together what they believe to be a greatest hits compilation. Give each era the respect they deserve...maybe one day.

Hope you find it soon @Samuel001, until then, Happy Hunting! :-)

Not a fan of Moonraker? You will be after this...brilliant trailer. woo hoo!

Me too, so much, there would be nothing better! I have tried searching high and low for the Sean one but I just cant seem to find it!! :-( I captured it to DVD before I got rid of the VCR but now I cant even find that..

I just wish they would treat them like this all the time and not just throw together what they believe to be a greatest hits compilation. Give each era the respect they deserve...maybe one day.

Hope you find it soon @Samuel001, until then, Happy Hunting! :-)

Both trailers must have been taken down at some stage I think as they aren't to be found on YouTube - at all.

I often wonder if the missing three films were added to make the collection from the '90's complete.
    I take it you mean OHMSS, TLD and LTK ? If so yes they were. OHMSS got a special 25th Anniversary Video box set the first time uncut in the uk in 1994 along with TLD and LTK and they also got the cinema artwork treatment too, with TLD using the busier artwork as opposed to the girl in White poster. Things were so much simpler... and photoshop wasn't around!!!
    I take it you mean OHMSS, TLD and LTK ? If so yes they were. OHMSS got a special 25th Anniversary Video box set the first time uncut in the uk in 1994 along with TLD and LTK and they also got the cinema artwork treatment too, with TLD using the busier artwork as opposed to the girl in White poster. Things were so much simpler... and photoshop wasn't around!!!
    Do you own (or did own) copies of this collection of films then @Monsieur_Aubergine? If so, I'd love to see them. It's just the cover artwork is so nice, each film looks like an individual and not part of a massive set.
    Yes, I've got them in the loft. The OHMSS also had a 'making of' celebration booklet much thicker and more detailed that the recent mgm dvd's. Great set. I will hunt them out and upload a photo..and like I say,, bring back the poster art for next year MGM/UA Warner, Sony, Fox..is anyone listening!!?
    I will hunt them out and upload a photo.
    Thanks. It'd be great to see them together, 'in the flesh' as it were.