Recommend a Bond film

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Skyfall or Licence To Kill if it were me, @royale65.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,418
    one for MR courtesy of Big Willy and one for SF thanks to Goldball(s)...

and either SF or LTK for @Samuel001

2 SF
    1 MR
    1 LTK
    So, I've watched SF at your bequest. From now until October 2015, I would like you, my dear brothers and sisters of Bondom, to pick a film for me. So, which Bond film should I watch?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    royale65 wrote:
    So, I've watched SF at your bequest. From now until October 2015, I would like you, my dear brothers and sisters of Bondom, to pick a film for me. So, which Bond film should I watch?

How do you feel today?
    Today? Pretty good - sun is shining, my leg is not giving me too much pain, and I just had a pretty good chat with my physio.

As I watched Skyfall last, I would rather not watch another Craig film. So, thats 20 films for you to choose from ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    royale65 wrote:
    Today? Pretty good - sun is shining, my leg is not giving me too much pain, and I just had a pretty good chat with my physio.

As I watched Skyfall last, I would rather not watch another Craig film. So, thats 20 films for you to choose from ;-)
    If you're feeling sunny and light-hearted, I'd shoot for a Moore film. Maybe Octopussy or The Spy Who Loved Me?
    Just what I was thinking. Sounds like a plan, old boy :-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Of those two, I would go with TSWLM.
    TSWLM.

Always, TSWLM. :D
    Thanks gents. Any other suggestions?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    royale65 wrote:
    Thanks gents. Any other suggestions?

It is Brosnan s birthday, so how about TND?
    Now that is interesting....
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,374
    Alright, so the last time I did a Bondathon, I went from GF to DAD, because I had watch DN, FRWL, and the Craig films a lot at the time. Now, though, time has passed, so things have flipped around. I'm really in the mood for GE and TWINE, but at the same time, a Craig trilogy marathon does sound good. Recommendations? Do I go with Brosnan's two, even though I saw them both recently, or Craig's three?

Also, I'm sure only a few people really read all of it, but this time around, I may end up doing the same thing I did with some of the films during my last Bondathon, and make a huge list from start to finish on all of the little and big things that I like throughout the film.
    I quite enjoyed reading those.
    I liked reading those too, Creasy, so if you did them again I'd enjoy it as well.

As for whether to go Brosnan or Craig, I'm not sure. I know I need to revisit the former's era soon, as well as some of the Moore films again since I never watch those. I may even have to watch....Diamonds....Are....Forever. :-SS
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,374
    Thank you both. It's been a while, so I think I'll just go with CR-SF and do exactly what I did last time.

Still have a movie to finish, so I think I'll start this marathon when I wake up again.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Thank you both. It's been a while, so I think I'll just go with CR-SF and do exactly what I did last time.

Still have a movie to finish, so I think I'll start this marathon when I wake up again.

Looking forward to read Your "Live-reports" from the Craig era, Creasy!
    @jobo, thank you! I finished a movie I was watching before the marathon last night, but it was too late so I pushed the marathon back to today. I'm going to play a game for a bit and then do my 'live report,' so to speak. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Finally found this thread!

My mom wants to watch a Bond movie with me tonight. Either a Moore or Brosnan outing she said. Can you guys suggest one please? :)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Finally found this thread!

My mom wants to watch a Bond movie with me tonight. Either a Moore or Brosnan outing she said. Can you guys suggest one please? :)

OP if it's Moore or GE if it's Brosnan but you won't go wrong with TLD with Tim.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thanks @Mrcoggins, I'll pick GE. :-bd
  • GoldenEye is always a solid choice, yes.

It's been a while since I've watched a Bond. My last two were Thunderball and OHMSS, respectively, and I'll be starting the grand pre-Spectre (is that supposed to be capitalized or not?) Bondathon in June with Dr. No. No other preferences, so pick away, ladies and gents!
    Wasn't a fan of the films being butchered to death on ITV? However, recently my eldest has watched the 3 Roger Moore films from FYEO, OP, and AVTAK. Later we are watching TLD, so I think if they are on in the daytime from DN all the way to LTK?

I think when introducing kids if interested in Bond? This is possibly the best way to go?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    ...for me to watch. I'm too lazy to think of one right now.

Plus I'm curious as to what people will say.
    @The_Reaper, what about picking your absolute worst Bond film of all time and trying to see it in a new positive light? I might try that with TWINE one day (it will be an ordeal, I can assure you).
    Lots of good suggestions here.
    I've watched FRWL, GE, TSWLM, NSNA, SP, TWINE, OP, and most recently YOLT. I am thinking of watching another one tonight but I'm unsure as to which one I should go with next in my Bondathon. I'm honestly leaning towards MR or AVTAK. MR mostly for it's big budget spectacle and Gilbert's direction and AVTAK just because it's been some time since I've seen it, although it doesn't have to be either of them.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    CrzChris4 wrote: »
    I've watched FRWL, GE, TSWLM, NSNA, SP, TWINE, OP, and most recently YOLT. I am thinking of watching another one tonight but I'm unsure as to which one I should go with next in my Bondathon. I'm honestly leaning towards MR or AVTAK. MR mostly for it's big budget spectacle and Gilbert's direction and AVTAK just because it's been some time since I've seen it, although it doesn't have to be either of them.

I'd recommend MR. It's always been a favorite of mine, and it's worth watching just to hear "Flight Into Space".
    Right,its my birthday in an hour and a half so i need 3 members to suggest one bond film for me to watch and i will watch one of the 3 ....first come first serve so...which 3 ? (only one per member)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Go on mate watch TLD you know you want to !.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    hahahaha i wondered who would be 1st.....hats off to you @Mrcoggins ,and God forbid,that does count as choice #1 (i can see where this is heading ) :

1.TLD

We have until midnight..the film to see me into my birthday.....