James Bond VHS/DVD Artwork

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I love the back synopsis. (Taken from the video) Wow that is amazing. =))
    Based Upon: This is, of course, the latest in the James Bond series following The World is Not Enough. This is Brosnan's fourth time as Bond, with James Bond 21 (in the Broccoli series) expected to be his last.

Premise: Not much is known about the premise yet, except that it revolves around a North Korean leader (Yune), who uses an experimental "facial mutation" device that allows him to take on new appearances... (turning into Stephens) until it goes wrong. Leaving his face half mutilated. Also the opening, in which James Bond is an escaping prisoner of war set in Hawaii, involves surfing and water skiing. (Madonna plays a fencing instructor; Madsen and Berry play U.S. secret agents)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Although great to build up your " Car Boot Collection" :D
    LOL!
    I must say, I like the TMWTGG one the most.
    PVgBMz0.jpg

LOL...THE MAN WITH GOLDEN GUN

Makes it sound as though Golden Gun is a condition of some sort: perhaps code for "an erection that lasts for more than three hours."
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited July 2016 Posts: 4,151
    =))

"Moore tries hard to be tough and cool in the Connery manner...he comes off pretentious and cold" - well, that's a line that'll sell movies. Never seen anything like that on a dvd cover before, haha.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He does have a powerful weapon !
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited July 2016 Posts: 4,151
    I remember seeing this one on Twitter a while ago. Pierce Brosnan (?) and a great translation -

To quote the tweet says:
    According to Google Translate it says: Super-lucky-number-one-secret spy agent James 007 Bond. His father run karate school.

CLce5L3WEAAQXjW.jpg
    :))
  • To be fair, before he bulked up, Daniel Craig looked more like Pierce Brosnan than he looked like Daniel Craig.
    Maybe, Daniel Craig was really Pierce Brosnan ..... all the Time ! :D
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 229
    It´s been a long time since the last post on this topic but I recently came across this Skyfall one I had to share from the 007collection:

Fj3IaW6.jpg
    Another naff copy..showing CraigBond running to find Vesper in CR ffs !!
    Hahah! This is brilliant!
    barryt007 wrote: »

Well the official TMWTGG SE DVD had a photo of Bond and Miss Caruso from LALD on the back.
    Dennison wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »

Well the official TMWTGG SE DVD had a photo of Bond and Miss Caruso from LALD on the back.

I know ,I used to have it...it really annoys me that they get away with crap like that.
    Talk about having no quality control.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    bond-vhs1-mini.jpg

bond-vhs2.jpg
    VHS? That's fantastic! :-D
    Pretty sure the RCA SelectaVision CED cover art is the most awesome of them all. They do a great job.
    Haven't found it.
    CUQtF_TWIAAx5mw.jpg
    Shame they didn't go the classic 90's route with the Spectre VHS. :P (I made this by the way.)
    6dsB0nkl.jpg
    edited November 2017 Posts: 13,013
    Who's the dude in the lower left?
    Love the cover. Craig Bond is gonna shoot down that chopper with the PPK!
    That's Baron Samedi. He was supposed to return in the film but his scene was cut. ;)
    Who's the dude in the lower left?
    Love the cover. Craig Bond is gonna shoot down that chopper with the PPK!

Without even looking, fancy that.....
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Pretty sure the RCA SelectaVision CED cover art is the most awesome of them all. They do a great job.
    Haven't found it.
    CUQtF_TWIAAx5mw.jpg

@RichardTheBruce After reading your post I had a look around ebay. The CED cover art for classic Bond films is quite nice. For anyone interested seeing some examples: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xjames+bond+007+ced.TRS0&_nkw=james+bond+007+ced&_sacat=41676
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Shame they didn't go the classic 90's route with the Spectre VHS. :P (I made this by the way.)
    6dsB0nkl.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Yes, @BMW_with_missiles, the RCA SelectaVision disc covers were exceptional. Also understand those plastic sleeves were almost 13 inches square, so the cover image was beautifully communicated and displayed.

51i8CS0DiTL._SY445_.jpg
    91bQ-lDKCAL._SL1500_.jpg
    dr-no-laserdisc.jpg
    CED_FRWL_RCA-550x541.jpg
    CED_GF_RCA-550x547.jpg
    Yes, @BMW_with_missiles, the RCA SelectaVision disc covers were exceptional. Also understand those plastic sleeves were almost 13 inches square, so the cover image was beautifully communicated and displayed.

51i8CS0DiTL._SY445_.jpg
    91bQ-lDKCAL._SL1500_.jpg
    dr-no-laserdisc.jpg
    CED_FRWL_RCA-550x541.jpg
    CED_GF_RCA-550x547.jpg

I have a copy of the DR NO disc. No way to play it. I'm really curious what the quality is like: colors, pan and scanning, sound, etc
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 229
    Really like these rare non collectors dvd versions:

7t87u6whs8nbk.jpg
    l301eo17bs.jpg
    ynz4oa3g9ip0.jpg
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Hey, those are from Chile!

I'd never seen them before.
    I love the artwork for those releases.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It's the same artwork/fonts as on the 1996 VHS collection, without the coloured backgrounds.

Nice conversion.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

51i8CS0DiTL._SY445_.jpg
    91bQ-lDKCAL._SL1500_.jpg
    dr-no-laserdisc.jpg
    CED_FRWL_RCA-550x541.jpg
    CED_GF_RCA-550x547.jpg

I have a copy of the DR NO disc. No way to play it. I'm really curious what the quality is like: colors, pan and scanning, sound, etc

Sorry I'm 8 months late on this. I'd have answered then had I seen your post.

I didn't have one of these although I really wanted one at the time. I was a teenager but was like a kid at Christmas staring in an electronics store window at those covers. Our Sears store sold these and they had demo discs and I slyly opened DAF and DN to watch them.

I don't recall a whole lot but at the time the colors and stuff were okay, especially given a lot of us still had nothing but broadcast TV at the time. Remember how limited TV technology was at the time also. They were pan and scan.

The thing I remember was how bad these things skipped. You'd be watching a scene and suddenly it would move up to another place, which makes sense as these were basically records using a stylus to play the movie. You also had to change the disc from one side to the other at one point, and on DN the first side ended as Bond executed Dent and the second opened when Bond arrives to meet Quarrel to go to Crab Key. It seemed like a great place for such a place to occur.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    royale65 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    6dsB0nkl.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Indeed. Excellent work, Murdock!

2594772_orig.jpg

OnHerMajestysSecretServiceBJBFront.jpg