Closed

edited July 2016 in General Discussion Posts: 140
Frustrated? One foot in the grave? Has the politically correct world driven you mad? What grinds your gears?

(Smart asses needn't reply about weird new discussions as a form of frustration).

See this thread as a bit of light relief and effective 'there', there' therapy by your fellow members. We will understand and offer you some awesome wisdom and an ear or two to help you get through the day.

My particular frustration - social media spoilers about new films and plot giveaways - you know you shouldn't look but it's everywhere...what should you do?

8mS65Uk.jpg

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Interesting idea. I wish it every success.

I'm just wondering why you decided to call the thread "Closed", @Sanchairs? I can't myself see the link and one might actually think that a moderator has closed the topic. That's what I thought initially.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    People who shout down mobile phones :( they clearly don't understand the concept.
    People who shout down mobile phones :( they clearly don't understand the concept.

Yes, one of the major annoyances of modern life. As if we really want to hear their conversations!

:)) Yes, I feel like telling them. You don't have to raise you voice. The phone
    Uses "Magic" to send your voice over great distances, you have no need to
    SHOUT ! ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Interesting idea. I wish it every success.

I'm just wondering why you decided to call the thread "Closed", @Sanchairs? I can't myself see the link and one might actually think that a moderator has closed the topic. That's what I thought initially.

Thank you for the kind words. First rule of Closed Club do not talk about Closed Club, second rule of Closed Club - do not talk about Closed Club. I don't mind if members can't find the link, I'd rather it be underground and if no one else can help you, and if you can find it, maybe you could hire the Closed team....okay that didn't work but you know what I'm trying to say.

Nico Rosberg for being such a rubbish loser. Seriously Nico, grow a set. And make a better effort of being a bad loser.
    Headphones getting tangled into a knot when put into my pocket.

This might help.

This might help.

Bravo - Q- couldn't have figured that out any better. Thanks Thunderpussy.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    What really grinds my gears? Social Justice Warriors.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    What really grinds my gears? Social Justice Warriors.

YES!
    Political Correctness (gone mad anyway) gets my goat sometimes. It's pedaled by all born after about 1990 or so.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Political Correctness (gone mad anyway) gets my goat sometimes. It's pedaled by all born after about 1990 or so.

Oi, I'm in that bracket!

But in all seriousness, yes, it tends to be my age group who champion that particular toxic social movement.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Fully agreed. I live in Canada, and the government is seriously contemplating changing lyrics of the National anthem to fit the PC era. Mind boggling. I'm all for equality, but a line must be drawn somewhere. Social media doesn't help much either.
    It can go a bit crazy at times. :(
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Care in the community does not work for Thunderpussy it would seem. :D
    It's the community that should take care, when I'm about ! :D
    People who reply texts saying 'Haha lol'
    Sanchairs wrote: »
    People who reply texts saying 'Haha lol'
    And people who say "lol" out loud.
  • You know what's get's my goat is people who tell you your wrong just because you don't agree with everything they say. Hay...Hay @Gustav_Graves if the tag fits wear it..... >:)
    Tag do make a nice watch ...... ;)
    edited July 2016 Posts: 3,000
    My frustration is people who champion a set of ideas because the concept "feels" good, without really thinking through whether or not it would actually do good when put into practice. This applies both to knee-jerk reactions, and long held political philosophies.

Oi, I'm in that bracket!

But in all seriousness, yes, it tends to be my age group who champion that particular toxic social movement.

Many people in our age bracket follow these kinds movements, because they may not have enough experience in life to know what does good (and they won't bother to investigate for themselves what actually works), but it certainly feels good to be fighting for "justice" and "equality" (Which aren't actually what they're fighting for. More accurate terminology would be "preferential treatment" and "coddling").
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The thing that upsets me most is the self-righteous people who definitely insist on their mindset to be the right one and those who disagree with them are completely wrong, even going as far to insult them for the disagreement alone. And that applies to many things and many subjects.

And for this "social justice warriors", bunch of idiots who try and force something down your throat with their inadequate and lackluster research-based beliefs. You respect my belief and let go of it, I respect yours and move on with my life. I've encountered situations like these more than I can tell. But, no... If you disagree, you're the bad one who should be pursued, judged and condemned to the ends of the earth. Commonsense is no more.
    Went to pay for something in cash, hipster weirdo beardo said that they don't do cash, can you pay with tapping your card or somefink like dat bruv.

What??????
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Wimin in Comfortable Shoes !!.....
    The word Cheese.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Well. Where do I start? Going to a shops counter/supermarket checkout to have two assistants talking to each other while ignoring the customer - serving then still too busy gassing to even say thank you. Actually I intervene now & ask them to continue their conversation after I've gone as I really have no wish to hear about what they got up to while out drinking the previous night.
    I hate it when I've handed over my money, only to have my change
    slapped down on the counter in return.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @Sanchairs started this thread almost like a therapy session to help people through the complexities of modern living.

It's actually turned into Room 101 ;)

I hate how the word 'aitch' (to define the letter H) has turned into 'haitch' and there seems no going back. Even some BBC presenters have started to say 'haitch'. And it makes me dig my nails into the palms of my hands until they bleed.

• stagstag In the thick of it!
    NicNac wrote: »

I hate how the word 'aitch' (to define the letter H) has turned into 'haitch' and there seems no going back. Even some BBC presenters have started to say 'haitch'. And it makes me dig my nails into the palms of my hands until they bleed.

Have you tried wearing boxing gloves? They should stop you from self harming (unless you start punching yourself in the head that is!)

:-*
    Cars pulling out of side roads so that they are half a length in middle of the main road and they expect you to brake suddenly and let them in whilst you have a truck behind you who won't be able to stop in time. Grrrrrr.