Daniel Craig named as sixth James Bond actor 13 years ago today

Comments

• edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    dragonsky wrote:
    Many many things have changed during the years,especially our opinion on Craig :)

Speak for yourself. Proud to have defended Craig from day one :)

I missed Brosnan as much as anyone else but peole complaining about his hair was just stupid.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

I missed Brosnan as much as anyone else but peole complaining about his hair was just stupid.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    dragonsky wrote:
    Many many things have changed during the years,especially our opinion on Craig :)

I second that notion!
    \m/
  • I was initially skeptical. Was already aware of the actor but nothing to the extent as today. We've been through it a thousand times, with the physique issue, color of eyes, color of hair, - 'It's not James Bond' some argued vehemently... Fair point, I didn't like it anymore than some others, but as time has gone on, have to admit he has done very well and hope he decides to do another couple more after Skyfall

Still not the best James Bond we ever saw, only time will tell if he can stand shoulder to shoulder with Connery or indeed Dalton as closest to the original creation or what Bond truly represents, but what a step up from Brosnan..

The Very worst thing however, since the news was first announced.... we're all seven years older now :(
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I remember seeing it on TV, and people there mocking him for the jacket and the long hair. I have to confess the first time I ever saw him I though he was a bank manager grabbed from the streets. But then he got the haircut, lost the 5,- suit and there was Bond.
    LOL the 5, suit was an expensive Brioni suit. But yeah, the whole man looked a bit off. The long hair was for Invasion.
    For me choosing between Connery and Craig as Best Bond Ever is getting harder by the day! Back in 2005 I never thought I'd see the day when I was typing these very words!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    7 years??? Since Craig?

Seems like yesterday Brosnan was announced as Bond. I'm getting old (almost 30!). I miss the 90s!

I thought the same thing. I remember I kept all magazine/journal records at the time Brosnan was announced (I think we're the same age).
    The day Craig was announced my best friend sent a weird message to my cell phone to go check my email. I ran to the uni library (old days, I didn't even have internet at home) and almost screamed when I saw what was probably the worst photo of Craig that ever existed and thought this was another sign the world was about to end. Later that day I phoned my mother (fan since before the films) to give her the "bad news", she had already seen him on TV, laughed at me, and stated these wise words "Well, I like him. I'm sure he'll do a fine Bond". Experience is everything, she was so right but it would take a couple of months for me to admit so :\">
    LeChiffre wrote:
    For me choosing between Connery and Craig as Best Bond Ever is getting harder by the day! Back in 2005 I never thought I'd see the day when I was typing these very words!

Same thing here.
  • I still read on facebook a small minority HATES craig that he is not Bond .......I know facebook do not represent all Bond fans but it getting old and stupid now......I wonder how many of them actually read Fleming? and just watch the movie only......sigh

• DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    For Heavens sake it feels like yesterday, this thread somewhat saddens me alittle bit, the thought of Daniel Craig aging into an older man depresses me. I'm going to be very sad when he steps down from the role.
  • I remember watching this, 7 years ago? well, where the time has gone i dont know.
    Time is a cruel wizard.

Love that! I'm going to start saying that from now on. :)
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2012 Posts: 972
    And how he looks so much better now than he did back then... James Bond has really groomed him into a whole new different person on the outside and maybe on the inside as well. His private life has pretty much changed from that moment onwards.
  • how his hair has changed lol.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,661
    I can remember the day. People were saying "he's not much of a Bond if he has to wear a life jacket." :-) A silly comment made by the media but funny.

Must admit, I sort of preferred his hair at his first press conference. He was filming that Invasion of the Body Snatchers reboot and his hair was a bit longer than it turned out in his three Bond films. He does look different with longer hair? I think so. I suppose Bond wouldn't be the type to let his hair grow too long. A quick trim and back to the mission. :)

The other thing that struck me about that press conference was where did all Martin Campbell's hair go? :D

I wonder if Craig will still be Bond in seven years time? Gosh, time sure does tick tock by.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well, we know he's doing Bond 24 and 25 and right now, that's good enough for me. As for his hair, as he has it right now, when he did SNL and the photocall yesterday in NY, that's a really good look for him. He should keep it for Bond 24.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    LeChiffre wrote:
    You have taken the words out of my mouth. Give them back! ;)
    Risico wrote:
    Time is a cruel wizard.

Love that! I'm going to start saying that from now on. :)
    Ha! Cheers, mate. Just came out of me. I do like it too, and will say it when the opportunity presents itself.
    I remember watching this, 7 years ago? well, where the time has gone i dont know.

Who would have thought that Dan would be so great in the role. He must have been shaking in his boots!
    :P
  • I met my wife 5 days before he was announced. It has flown by
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    From an email in 2006...

“Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:35:34 +

I've also seen a brilliant quote from Daniel Craig "I take weekends off and drink as much Guinness as I can get down my neck!" class. (I like Guinness)
    > I just saw another tv ad for bond, online of course, which emphasises the more traditional bond film including the music and humour. There’s one line by Craig referring to the poker game that had me in stitches, "that last hand... nearly killed me" delivered with such panache and disdain for his opponent; this boys going to kick ass.”
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Eight years ago today!
    Fantastic. Eight years of a wonderful, wonderful actor's career.

By the way, only Craig's likeness was used for 007 Legends. The voice was a (VERY wooden) imitator.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Eight years ago today!

Bet you been waiting 2 years to post that @Samuel001 ;-)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,973
    Wow, time is flying by too fast. Let's hope Dan can give us more Bondness after his next two contracted films. The way it's going, I'm sure it'll be his decision in the end rather than Eon's.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Let us not forget eight years, but only seven since the first film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm not a fan of his time as Bond, but has it really been 8 years? I can remember that day quite vividly. I was out doing some light shopping, and I was doing my best to rush home in time to see the press conference/announcement.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    I wasn't keen on his tenure when it came out. I truly missed Pierce Brosnan when I saw CR, but was quite impressed by his first outing. Since the release of Skyfall, I found him in great improvement. I'm now satisfied with him as Bond.
    I found this information on the internet 8 years ago.
  • Wonder if he'll beat Moore's record (I mean in terms of years as Bond, he won't do as many films)?
    and so began the Golden Age of Bond we are now living in. Daniel Craig IS Bond.com!
    I want a new Craig as bond video game soon after the fun of blood stone goldeneye and Quantim of Solace I want more...
    007 legends sucks though
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So it's Sir Rog's birthday and the eighth anniversary of Craig being named the latest Bond. I may have to celebrate with some CR, then!