Blade Runner 2049/Blade Runner 2099 Live-Action Sequel Series Discussion

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Going to BR2049 now! I hope the film is a great as it seems.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Zeven more hours for me. Enjoy!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Absolutely spectacular film. My favorite of 2017 so far, and one of the best films i've ever seen.
    Man, I'm so glad you liked it. I have three more hours to wait. We will PM later tonight. :-)
    Sure thing, @DarthDimi. :)
    just got my ticket for tomorrow night, last time I was this excited for a screening was SP
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have five days off tomorrow will hopefully watch Blade Runner 2049 on Friday I suspect this is a film not too miss on the big screen
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FINALLY, officially got my IMAX tickets for this (unless, given my luck, plans somehow fall through yet again). I'll be seeing it in six days.
    Film's about to start. Wish me luck, people. I'm truly excited! :-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Hopefully your brain doesn't implode from the sheer excitement. Of everyone here, I really hope you enjoy it - you were the one that set me on the proper path with recommending The Final Cut years back as my very first viewing of the original, and I'll never thank you enough for that. So damn eager to see this movie.

Enjoy DD!
    Thanks, fellas. Let me tell you, if you love BE, you will love BR2049 too. I'm at a loss for words now. Will type more later. I love this movie. I hope all of you will too.
    Thanks, fellas. Let me tell you, if you love BE, you will love BR2049 too. I'm at a loss for words now. Will type more later. I love this movie. I hope all of you will too.

I'm very happy you loved it too, @DarthDimi!
    The images, the sounds. The quiet moments, the long pauzes which allow us to take in all the visual details... This film will be loved by those who don't mind a slow pace and Deaken's photography, but it will frustrate the Fast and Furious crowd. Impressions matter more than story or action. And I love the result. Yes, @DaltonCraig007 , my favourite film of 2017 so far too.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'll be going to see it with the attitude that this movie will SUCK bigtime. Hopefully it will surprise me. If it makes my cry at any point I'll call it a win. Not posting again until then.
    This film will be loved by those who don't mind a slow pace and Deaken's photography, but it will frustrate the Fast and Furious crowd.
    That´s more than I dared to hope. My heartbeat rises. Tomorrow afternoon or evening. Or both?

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I have no interest in the FATF franchise, mind numbing nonsense.

I'm expecting exactly what @DarthDimi & @DaltonCraig007 have reported having seen it.

I'm tremendously excited for my IMAX screening on Saturday.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,551
    Let's just say that Michael Bay would hand in a 15 minute cut of this film and call it the best he can make of it. And yes, I mean that as a compliment for BR2049.

Scenes are allowed to breathe. People stand in a place, they remain silent, they look at the world and so do we. The camera lingers precisely long enough to put yourself in their place, literally. Zimmer meanwhile does his two note thing but with enough Vangelis synth to ooze the charm of the original, even if the score is mostly devoid of actual melody. No BR blues... But that's ok.

The film doesn't tell you what's going on. It shows you. And it takes its time. 162 minutes. Some will find this painful. Some will get nervous very quickly. If you want action beats every five minutes, stay away. BR2049 offers you an experience, not a rollercoaster ride.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No laserguns? What the hell...
    Too late. I got my ticket for tomorrow afternoon. I wants my fast and furious.

I kid of course. Can't wait to see this tomorrow :)
    Just got back. Wonderfully directed and shot but I do have reservations. we can discuss more fully once everyone's seen it.
    Few minutes until Blade Runner 2049...
    Amazing. Didn't feel like a rethread of the original, did some great new things and did not feel overtly long, despite being a long movie.
    Glad you like the movie, @SharkBait! :)
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 2,107
    I might even like it more than the original. Hard to say yet, since the original is a classic and BR 2049 just came out. I'll say this though ; I like Goslin more than Ford in the original. Much more depth to his character, imo.

Also glad I wen't to see it without knowing much about the plot.
    @DarthDimi did you receive my PM about BR2049 last night? :)
    @DaltonCraig007
    I did, sir. But... here's the thing. I'm back in the theatre as of this very moment. BR2049 encore for me. :)
    After that, I will be able to give my complete thoughts. ;-)
    Any idea how excited I am?

Imagine your favourite painting, a work of art that, without uttering too many words, talks to you in more than one way. The painting has now come to life, and it's going to beam its magic directly into your eyes and ears. I'm there right now, waiting to experience the moving painting once again. Talk to you in four hours, friend. :)
    Sure thing, @DarthDimi ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Sitting in an IMAX theatre waiting for the show to start in a few minutes. Hope it lives up to the hype!
    Guys I'm shaken (not stirred).

I definitively liked it more than the original, and the original is my #6 (now #7) film of all time.

The more I think about it, the more it rises in appreciation for me.

I know I adored it. I know it's somewhere in my top five. I have to watch it again, but...

...did I just see my new favourite film of all time last night?