Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    To be honest i don't look at Tom Hiddleston and see the next James Bond , what i see is a decent actor in an absolute gem of a TV drama.

I buy totally into Hiddleston as the character he's playing, all the acting in this is top drawer, I was just remarking I'd quite happily see him as Bond.

The Night Manager is high quality stuff and agreed a real gem, BBC is on a roll at the moment what with this, Happy Valley and Dickensian.

During my vacations, I (re)watched "The Three Doctors" on DVD. Still as great as ever.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Finished watching The Night Manager and I have to say, I loved it as a whole.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Just finished it this afternoon as well, absolute class, I'll say it again if only Waltz had been as ruthless and chilling as Laurie as Richard Roper we might have had something.

Whether it's his Layer Cake or not Hiddleston was top drawer as was all the supporting cast, great production values, fantastic script and compentently directed, if only Mendes if only.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Be Cool, Scooby-Doo

Watched it with my daughter who is luckily, like me, the biggest Scooby-Doo fan.

I like that new approach. It sure differs from previous Scooby-versions. Not as much as Get a Clue but different enough.

The humour is priceless, very witty and modern.

Hope this will run at least 3 seasons, meaning 50-70 episodes. That'd be great.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,386
    I just finished season 2 of the Netflix Original Series Daredevil (spoiler free) and I'm really getting sucked in to this show.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I picked back up on my 'Game of Thrones' marathon. On the season one finale now, hoping to get through the rest somehow before season five arrives next week.

@Creasy47 Game of Thrones is great. I need to get caught up on some seasons as well.
    I've always been a great fan of The Walking Dead but this last half of season six has made me feel really uncomfortable. It seems to becoming less a series about killing zombies and more a series about killing rival groups of humans. Its leaving quite a nasty taste in my mouth. Is it just me or does anyone else agree
    Watching the build up to Wrestlemania 32.
    The Olivier Awards last night. Thankfully, I don't work today.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    I've always been a great fan of The Walking Dead but this last half of season six has made me feel really uncomfortable. It seems to becoming less a series about killing zombies and more a series about killing rival groups of humans. Its leaving quite a nasty taste in my mouth. Is it just me or does anyone else agree

The new episode airs tonight here, but I wouldn't say that I feel uncomfortable. But I have started to question Ricks sanity. In the last episode, when he said "The world is ours, and we know how to take it." Looking at their track record of conflicts with other groups (The Governor, Terminus...), they don't have much reason to feel invincible.
    Finally watched the remaining 5 episodes of "The Night Manager" over the last couple of days. Have to say we thoroughly enjoyed it and i can see why Tom Hiddlestone's star is rising very quickly!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Finally watched the remaining 5 episodes of "The Night Manager" over the last couple of days. Have to say we thoroughly enjoyed it and i can see why Tom Hiddlestone's star is rising very quickly!

What channel is it showing on, heard a few people mention it got me curious.

Flash S2 E15 feel this season has picked up in recent weeks, p.s. In U.K. who are behind U.S. Interesting reveal. King Shark looked awesome.

edited April 2016 Posts: 15,423
    I've seen the latest episode of Archer just now, and I am already loving the new season immensely. It's just... classic them!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

What channel is it showing on, heard a few people mention it got me curious.

Flash S2 E15 feel this season has picked up in recent weeks, p.s. In U.K. who are behind U.S. Interesting reveal. King Shark looked awesome.

In the UK it has finished now, was on BBC1, but is already out on DVD here to purchase!
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Cheers will see if i can get hold of it on BBCi.

The Toast of London Series 1. Stumbled on this by accident on Amazon, Matt Berry stars, he was funny on I.T. crowd so thought I would give Toast a go. Very funny show, the James Bond audition is hilarious.
    Finished season 2 of "Agents of SHIELD" tuesday. What a cliffhanger !
    Gerard wrote: »
    Finished season 2 of "Agents of SHIELD" tuesday. What a cliffhanger !
    Wait until you get to Season 3!
    It might take some time. And we still haven't gotten "Agent Carter" yet (well, on cable and other paying channels, but not on free-to-air).
    It might take some time. And we still haven't gotten "Agent Carter" yet (well, on cable and other paying channels, but not on free-to-air).
    Oh, Agent Carter's Season 2 is going to blow you away if you loved the first season. SHIELD's Season 3 is even scarier than the ones before it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Oh, Agent Carter's Season 2 is going to blow you away if you loved the first season. SHIELD's Season 3 is even scarier than the ones before it.
    Scarier? I haven't seen any SHIELD yet and am thinking of getting into it. Is it actually scary? That's not what I expected, but it sounds enticing.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Scarier? I haven't seen any SHIELD yet and am thinking of getting into it. Is it actually scary? That's not what I expected, but it sounds enticing.
    Oh not like a horror film type of scary. No. Just aliens, revelations, supernaturalism sort of stuff. It explores the darker side of Hydra which has a new premise given to the organization's purpose.
    Oh not like a horror film type of scary. No. Just aliens, revelations, supernaturalism sort of stuff. It explores the darker side of Hydra which has a new premise given to the organization's purpose.
    Thanks @ClarkDevlin. I'll take a look at an episode on tv and see if I can get into it. I'm looking for some new shows to get hooked on, and haven't seen Gotham, SHIELD or Daredevil yet.
    Thanks @ClarkDevlin. I'll take a look at an episode on tv and see if I can get into it. I'm looking for some new shows to get hooked on, and haven't seen Gotham, SHIELD or Daredevil yet.
    I've never been to Gotham or any shows related to DC. I don't know but I tried to get myself through a few Arrow episodes, then also tried Legends of Tomorrow, but I just couldn't get around to it. It didn't win me over at all. The Arrowverse pretty much is a downer for me. But, as for the MCU series, I definitely recommend Agents of SHIELD. But, @bondjames, before you proceed, I have to inform you that it starts out in a very boring pacing (it wasn't to me, but most of the people complained about the boring episodes until it got attached to the events of Winter Soldier), then it slowly starts growing on you and the episodes really get better. I think Season 3, as of now, has the best story arc. I do also recommend watching Daredevil. Like SHIELD, it starts out in a very slow paced and uninteresting tone until Matthew Murdock dons the phenomena of the well renowned vigilante mask. Season 2 is mindblowing in its very own right and spectacular in every way, especially when it introduces a rebooted Punisher/Frank Castle and Elektra, as well.
    Great. Thanks @ClarkDevlin. I'll keep it in mind, and start with SHIELD.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

I'd watch Agent Carter first, it's only 8 episodes and really amazing!
    If you want to watch a DC show go for The Flash, it's brilliant imo.

I'd watch Agent Carter first, it's only 8 episodes and really amazing!
    If you want to watch a DC show go for The Flash, it's brilliant imo.
    Thanks. I noticed that Flash is very highly rated on Amazon. Hayley Atwell means Agent Carter is a must. The issue is trying to find a decent priced copy given it's only 8 episodes.

On Agent Carter S2 E8 it is good, improvement on S1.

I think it's better to go with Agents of SHIELD first, because Agent Carter is more spicy in terms of entertainment and will definitely wet your appetite, then you'll end up being dried up on SHIELD if you leave it for a later viewing. @bondjames, I think you should go the way it's chronologically aired.

SHIELD Season 1
    SHIELD Season 2 from Episode 01 to Episode 10
    Agent Carter Season 1
    SHIELD Season 2 from Episode 11 to 22
    SHIELD Season 3 from Episode 01 to 10
    Agent Carter Season 2
    SHIELD Season 3 from Episode 11 to the latest one (currently, globally we're at 16)

That way, you'll comprehend the spirit of the franchise in a better way.

And yes, @fire_and_ice, S2 was a large improvement on S1. Don't you just love Mrs. Jarvis? :D
    Thanks @ClarkDevlin. Will do. I've been looking into these shows online and I see that they are in fact linked (even Arrow and Flash reportedly) so the chronology does matter.
    I think it's better to go with Agents of SHIELD first, because Agent Carter is more spicy in terms of entertainment and will definitely wet your appetite, then you'll end up being dried up on SHIELD if you leave it for a later viewing. @bondjames, I think you should go the way it's chronologically aired.

SHIELD Season 1
    SHIELD Season 2 from Episode 01 to Episode 10
    Agent Carter Season 1
    SHIELD Season 2 from Episode 11 to 22
    SHIELD Season 3 from Episode 01 to 10
    Agent Carter Season 2
    SHIELD Season 3 from Episode 11 to the latest one (currently, globally we're at 16)

That way, you'll comprehend the spirit of the franchise in a better way.

And yes, @fire_and_ice, S2 was a large improvement on S1. Don't you just love Mrs. Jarvis? :D

She is great love the accent and quirkyness
    Just watched the ep when Jarvis went rogue because she was shot.