Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bondjames wrote: »
    Thanks @ClarkDevlin. Will do. I've been looking into these shows online and I see that they are in fact linked (even Arrow and Flash reportedly) so the chronology does matter.
    The thing is, technically Agent Carter takes place in 1946 while SHIELD is set in present day. But, if you follow the guide the way I proposed, it'll go better.
    I think it's better to go with Agents of SHIELD first, because Agent Carter is more spicy in terms of entertainment and will definitely wet your appetite, then you'll end up being dried up on SHIELD if you leave it for a later viewing. @bondjames, I think you should go the way it's chronologically aired.

SHIELD Season 1
    SHIELD Season 2 from Episode 01 to Episode 10
    Agent Carter Season 1
    SHIELD Season 2 from Episode 11 to 22
    SHIELD Season 3 from Episode 01 to 10
    Agent Carter Season 2
    SHIELD Season 3 from Episode 11 to the latest one (currently, globally we're at 16)

That way, you'll comprehend the spirit of the franchise in a better way.

And yes, @fire_and_ice, S2 was a large improvement on S1. Don't you just love Mrs. Jarvis? :D

She is great love the accent and quirkyness
    Just watched the ep when Jarvis went rogue because she was shot.
    Oh definitely!! I would've done the same! Jarvis' determination in the aftermath of that episode is one of the best things in the remaining length of the series.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    You can either follow production timeline with the movies/tv shows or logical timeline, both works.
    I started with Captain America, Agent Carter S1 Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 1 etc.
    Last Watched Ep. 1-7 of Shield, now Thor 2 is in order then back to Shield.
    Thanks @ClarkDevlin. Will do. I've been looking into these shows online and I see that they are in fact linked (even Arrow and Flash reportedly) so the chronology does matter.
    The thing is, technically Agent Carter takes place in 1946 while SHIELD is set in present day. But, if you follow the guide the way I proposed, it'll go better.
    I think it's better to go with Agents of SHIELD first, because Agent Carter is more spicy in terms of entertainment and will definitely wet your appetite, then you'll end up being dried up on SHIELD if you leave it for a later viewing. @bondjames, I think you should go the way it's chronologically aired.

SHIELD Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 2
    SHIELD Season 3 from Episode 11 to the latest one (currently, globally we're at 16)

And yes, @fire_and_ice, S2 was a large improvement on S1. Don't you just love Mrs. Jarvis? :D

Oh definitely!! I would've done the same! Jarvis' determination in the aftermath of that episode is one of the best things in the remaining length of the series.
    Just watched S2Ep9 before work, quite surreal at start Peggy certainly has a vivid imagination I almost expected Cap to show up in that sequence. Some strong scenes with Peggy and Jarvis, good writing and performances felt genuine.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doctor Who: Time And The Rani
    McCoy bumbles out of the gate in his first story. he's my favourite Doctor, and I like all 12 of his stories, but I can see why many fans are turned off by these early, leightweight, stories. I followed Time And The Rani with the Last Chance Saloon, documentary, which looks where Doctor Who was in 1986/7.

Doctor Who: Paradise Towers - Episode 1
    With that tricky first story out of the way, things start to settle down.

SHIELD Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 2

Just watched S2Ep9 before work, quite surreal at start Peggy certainly has a vivid imagination I almost expected Cap to show up in that sequence. Some strong scenes with Peggy and Jarvis, good writing and performances felt genuine.
    I expected Steve Rogers to show up, too. But, I think Peggy is long way over him for a reason. If only the show could be renewed for a third season.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Flash S1 arrived in the mail today courtesy of Amazon. Can't wait to get to it.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432

SHIELD Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 2

I expected Steve Rogers to show up, too. But, I think Peggy is long way over him for a reason. If only the show could be renewed for a third season.

Has it been cancelled or are negotiations on going? Yeah Peggy in last two seasons has moved forward, still alot of potential with the show.

Resumed Rebels season 2, second half now on Sky. Just watched the episode with Leia, I do enjoy this show it works to the point it does not undermine the films.

@bondjames I have Flash S1 on digital download, one of the best first seasons of any show.
    Good to know @fire_and_ice. Thanks. It has excellent reviews on Amazon and folks here told me earlier that it's a must see. I was able to get a decent deal on the blu. Still searching for a good price on Agent Carter & Agents of Shield, including scanning local ads for used copies.

SHIELD Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 2

Has it been cancelled or are negotiations on going? Yeah Peggy in last two seasons has moved forward, still alot of potential with the show.
    A couple of months ago, rumours have surfaced that the show might have been cancelled since Hayley Atwell was cast as the lead actress (and has top billing) in a different show I forgot the name of, where she'll play the president's daughter or something.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Flash S1 arrived in the mail today courtesy of Amazon. Can't wait to get to it.

Oh I envy you, I wish I could view that thing again "for the first time".

The pilot episode alone is better than most of the comic book big screen movies. I watched it 5 times!
    And also one of the best seasons of any tv show I've seen.
    Not that I want expectations to rise too high of course, as a big fan of The Flash I may be prejudiced.
    The most unique thing about season 1 of The Flash is that there isn't a single bad episode- not even the 'filler' episodes!
    Probably the best season 1 of any show ever!

SHIELD Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 2

A couple of months ago, rumours have surfaced that the show might have been cancelled since Hayley Atwell was cast as the lead actress (and has top billing) in a different show I forgot the name of, where she'll play the president's daughter or something.

So down to scheduling conflicts, that would be a shame. Though as the seasons are 10 episodes perhaps they will work round it?

SHIELD Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 1
    Agent Carter Season 2

So down to scheduling conflicts, that would be a shame. Though as the seasons are 10 episodes perhaps they will work round it?
    Yes, Hayley said the same thing, and is willing to commit to both of them and work them out. But, none of them know whether the series will be renewed or not, but she's hoping.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I don't know if you heard the awful news, but Stana Katic aka Beckett has been fired from 'Castle'.
    Why did they do that? So, that MI6 lady is going to take her place now?
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Been watching House of Cards. Has anyone else seen the UK version in the 90's?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Been watching House of Cards. Has anyone else seen the UK version in the 90's?
    Yes, I loved that show. Ian Richardson is magnificent, as is Michael Kitchen in season 2. It's low budget and quite different (focusing more on the politics) but still excellent.

I had seen that version before the US Netflix one came along. I really like the new one as well (one of my top 5 current tv series). It has a Fincher 'cold' look throughout, much larger scale, and Spacey & Wright are top notch.

If you like the UK House of Cards, then I also recommend Chancer, with a young Clive Owen. Great show as well.
    @bondjames - Indeed. Do you prefer Richardson's version or Spacey's?

On a side note, I always think Ian Richardson was knighted, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps "Sir Ian Richardson" just rolls off the tongue so easily.
    @bondjames - Indeed. Do you prefer Richardson's version or Spacey's?
    @ForYourEyesOnly, the scenarios are thankfully reasonably different, rather than a shot for shot remake, so I like them both equally. Both suitably Machiavellian.

The best scene still for me in the US remake is at the end of Season 2, episode 1, when he breaks the fourth wall for the first time in that episode and season to remind the audience that he has not forgotten us. Chilling.
    On a side note, I always think Ian Richardson was knighted, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps "Sir Ian Richardson" just rolls off the tongue so easily.
    I believe he was.
    @bondjames - Agreed. The US pilot episode was so good - it got me hooked onto the show immediately. And Spacey is definitely an amazing actor - perhaps the best on TV today.

And apparently he wasn't - not according to Wikipedia, at least.
    If you like the UK House of Cards, then I also recommend Chancer, with a young Clive Owen. Great show as well.
    I've seen Chancer. Now that is hell of a series.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,984
    Decided to spend some hours revisiting the 90's House of Cards. I just watched some of To Play The King, which is another extremely good installment. I absolutely love the ending where Urquhart turns to the screen and says "God Save the King" with that smirk that challenges us to condemn him.

@bondjames - I think when it comes to breaking the fourth wall, Richardson's side-eyes were better (though Spacey manages to do it more casually), but Spacey's soliloquies were better. But they're definitely both Machiavellian versions of each other - one aristocratic British and one American from the Deep South. I wonder who would prevail if they set their sights on one another.

On a side note, in my opinion, The Final Cut is much weaker than the others. The ending just feels... rushed.
    The Blacklist episodes 1-10, nice show really.
    @ForYourEyesOnly, I agree with you about The Final Cut. I was, truth be told, disappointed with the final season (not just the ending) relative to the prior two. I thought the show peaked with To Play The King personally, but didn't know how far you'd gone through it, and didn't want to spoil it for you. Urquhart seemed less formidable in the last season, with personal doubts setting in and all, and I found him more interesting when he was more confident in earlier seasons.

I also agree with your assessments of the actor's relative strengths. I too would have loved to see a political duel between them.
    @bondjames - Urquhart certainly despairs a lot more. In the first two, he despairs when he seems like he's losing control, but he was always in the state of mind to regain control through whatever means necessary, including murder and kidnapping and so on. In The Final Cut, he just seemed... weak. Like he couldn't do anything. I did like the beginning where he shoots the dog, though.

Also, I think he delivered the catchphrase "You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment" better than Spacey.
    @bondjames - Urquhart certainly despairs a lot more. In the first two, he despairs when he seems like he's losing control, but he was always in the state of mind to regain control through whatever means necessary, including murder and kidnapping and so on. In The Final Cut, he just seemed... weak. Like he couldn't do anything. I did like the beginning where he shoots the dog, though.

Also, I think he delivered the catchphrase "You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment" better than Spacey.
    Agreed @ForYourEyesOnly. Well analyzed.
    @bondjames Thanks. Being one to quote movies and shows, whenever an opportunity comes up for me to quote that line, I can't resist myself, especially knowing that they won't get the reference.
    Binge watching Game of Thrones Season 5, as Season 6 starts tomorrow. Season 5 episode 8: Hardhome is phenomenal television, one of the most consistently brilliant shows currently IMO.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,813
    Finally finished Spartacus.
    It's bittersweet; I'll miss this show a lot! Once season 3 started I found myself not quite as attached to Spartacus as in season 1 and Crixus turned into the real star (who was already a close second- Crixus is awesome)

120113spartacus-whitfield-mcintire1.jpg

Liam McIntyre looked the part but he sort of just growled and mumbled his lines... not quite as much personality and a little monotone. Of course I know why Andy Whitfield didn't return and Liam still does admirably, all things considered.

As a whole Spartacus was a great show! Now... what show should be next then?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Now... what show should be next then?

Person of Interest. :-c