Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    We just started watching The Expanse. Now I am full-on addicted to the show. If you like sci-fi, you need to check it out!

I started watching Season 1 of The Expanse a few years ago, it was recommended, I was told as a Trek fan I would like it.

I never got past the first few episodes, though I think all the season's are on Prime Video. I will give it another look.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited June 2021 Posts: 17,687
    We just started watching The Expanse. Now I am full-on addicted to the show. If you like sci-fi, you need to check it out!

I started watching Season 1 of The Expanse a few years ago, it was recommended, I was told as a Trek fan I would like it.

I never got past the first few episodes, though I think all the season's are on Prime Video. I will give it another look.

Actually, I watched the first two episodes a few months back & put it away. I think it kind of overloaded me with world-building... a few weeks ago I started up again, and now I'm in the groove.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Keeping with Sci-Fi, I've recently watched " Avenue 5 " a comedy series about an off course space cruse ship. It's quite funny but I think it would have made a better film than a series.
    Another old series but I've recently started watching Warehouse 13, a sort of modern version of the x files.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Actually, I watched the first two episodes a few months back & put it away. I think it kind of overloaded me with world-building... a few weeks ago I started up again, and now I'm in the groove.

I will definately give the show another go, I will try to binge watch four or five episides when I can to get into the show.
    Great to see season seven of Bosch on Amazon Prime .
    To add to my Man from Uncle set, I just got the 15 years after affair, to go with my complete TV set and movie box set
    Also ordered the Blu-ray of Department S. Looking forward to revisiting this series
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Picard.... Very enjoyable; surprisingly captured the emotional character beats that made me fall in love with TNG so much as a boy (as well as the films).

Love Patric Stewart; Jonathan Frakes is so bloody likable, and; it was amazing to see Commander Data and the conclusion to his journey.
    Received the Mission: Impossible Blu-ray set I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Have only had time to watch two episodes yet, but the picture quality looks really good. The contrast is neither too warm or cold, and the details certainly pop as they should. The only downside is the rather flimsy packaging, but it's really not that big an issue if you handle the set with care.
    I have to say the picture quality of the Dept S Blu-ray set is amazing, I'm so used to watching clips etc on YouTube or the odd re showing on Television, but these look like they were only recently filmed.
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 17,241
    I have to say the picture quality of the Dept S Blu-ray set is amazing, I'm so used to watching clips etc on YouTube or the odd re showing on Television, but these look like they were only recently filmed.

Indeed! I'm currently rewatching Department S, and the picture quality on the Network Blu-ray release is fantastic.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 13,384
    Some great stories and thought it amusing in one story Jason King mentions one of his Characters from his novels a ..... Miss Hussy Abundance ;)
    Some great stories and thought it amusing in one story Jason King mentions one of his Characters from his novels a ..... Miss Hussy Abundance ;)

Yes, Department S have several great stories, like "The Pied Piper of Hambledown" and "Six Days", just to mention a couple. And the character of Jason King and his Flemingesque book titles is absolutely hilarious!
    I can remember as a kid wanting to be Jason King, so much so That I'd get a black marker and some paper and make a moustache so stick on :D
    Haha! If I had discovered Department S that young, I would no doubt have done the same!
    The Flash Season 7 Episode 2 is awesome, easily the best Flash episodes in years.
    FLA702fg_0005r.jpg
    Just finished my box set of Dept S, a really enjoyable series. With Jason King the obvious
    break out character, full of 60s Camp humour, with many great lines, a few examples.
    King on entering the office " Well I've just saved America, so what's next on the list "
    .... " It's too early for coffee, so I'll just have a whisky "
    Sullivan looking for King ... " Where is ..... the poor man's Ian Fleming "
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Caught the series finale of Mr. Inbetween yesterday. You're doing yourself a great disservice by not watching this series. It's brilliant.
    Watched a few lately over the past few weeks.
    Perry Mason, very different from the old version, darker more gritty, with a very interesting case.
    The Purge season 1 and 2. I found the second series to be better than the first
    I know the premise of The Purge is crazy, but I do think it's an interesting idea.
    Slasher_TV_Series-977069593-mmed.jpg
    Just watched the first 3 episodes of the serial killer anthology series on Netflix, good so far.
    Just finished binge watching the first 3 seasons of Slasher, crikey the gore and violence in these whodunnits are extreme. Season 2 was very good.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    TWIN PEAKS
    Time to revisit this old classic. Groundbreaking stuff.
    TWIN PEAKS

I started watching the pilot earlier in the week, I was remembering my first impressions back in the early 90's. Whilst watching I was thinking to myself I had no idea at the time the genius TV that was to follow.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    TWIN PEAKS

I started watching the pilot earlier in the week, I was remembering my first impressions back in the early 90's. Whilst watching I was thinking to myself I had no idea at the time the genius TV that was to follow.

Yes, same here. Lynch was the draw, but it really pushed boundaries. No tv show pre-Twin Peaks showed such graphic violence, for instance. These days, far worse is the norm.
    TWIN PEAKS

Yes, same here. Lynch was the draw, but it really pushed boundaries. No tv show pre-Twin Peaks showed such graphic violence, for instance. These days, far worse is the norm.

I was familiar with Dune and Blue Velvet prior to Twin Peaks I had both films on Video, I love Dune (I am probably in the minority).

The Maddie scene with the big reveal has stuck with me ever since I watched it. The thing with violence etc is its the build that makes it resonate more, Lynch is a master at building tension and story telling.

I am still hoping for a Season 4 though now its very unlikely, I am still reading The Final Dossier I need to make time to finish the book.
    Castle_192452700-CSL._RI_.jpg

Castle never watched this show before not sure why, really enjoyed the first episode looks like a full series binge watch incoming.
    Having recently re-joined SKY. I've been watching an old series " Fringe" a sort
    of X-Files type show. Although it seems to have a more overriding story arch.
    I'm really enjoying it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited September 2021 Posts: 17,687
    I love Dune (I am probably in the minority).
    Welcome to the minority, dude! We love quirk & Lynch worms. ;)
    I'm really enjoying " Vigil" on BBC 1, a great tense thriller about a murder
    on a submarine, but there is also a layer of espionage included in the
    Mystery.
  • 007Aus007Aus Melbourne, Australia
    edited September 2021 Posts: 8
    Just finished the new season of Sex Education on Netflix. Great show, lovely 70's inspired visual aesthetic, gorgeous cinematography, fantastic soundtrack & superbly acted. Has definitely cemented Gillian Anderson as a potential future M choice for me.