List the cars you own

124»

Comments

• BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited September 2022 Posts: 2,161
    Past
    VW Dasher (signed over to me by my stepfather when I was 17, it took me all of two weeks to get drunk and total it, driving into a house)
    used Pontiac Phoenix (I abandoned it with a dead engine on an LA freeway, back when you could do so without any follow-up)
    used Honda Mini-Wagon (I don't remember the actual model, but I did leave it stranded on an LA freeway)
    used Pontiac Firebird V8! (I never registered it, because it was a shady deal, so when it got towed I had no way to get it back)
    used Datsun B-210 (my first stick, which I had to learn how to drive in order to get home in LA traffic, left deserted in Connecticut)
    used Buick Diesel Station Wagon (abandoned in Connecticut)
    used Datsun B-210 (I bought it for $400 with only 3 of the 4 cylinders functioning, I drove it across country and it died upon arrival with only 2 cylinders still active)
    Ford Festiva (my first New car!, the dealer told me that it would never top 70 mph, and it would only live for about 100,000 miles, I had it up to 95 mph and eventually sold it to my friend who finally junked it at close to 300,000 miles)
    Saturn (New, great car for the price, traded in)
    Honda Accord (New, strong and durable, traded in)
    Honda Accord # 2 (New, strong and durable, traded in)
    Toyota Camry (New, strong and durable, sold it a couple of months ago for $7000 with 139,000 miles on it)

Present
    Lexus 350 SUV (less than a year old, with less than 10,000 miles, I inherited it from my father who died three months ago)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Past
    Yugo 511
    VW Golf mk 1
    VW LT35 van
    Ford Fiesta mk2
    Volvo Amazon (borrowed)
    Ford Falcon
    Suzuki Vitara
    Toyota Carina
    Suzuki Carry van
    Suzuki Swift
    Mitsubishi Magna
    Mitsubishi 380
    Nissan Micra (now my sons car)
    Hyundai i40 wagon

Current car
    Subaru Impreza Premium 2018
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    @Benny.

Yugo!?!

Looking at your list you're not from the UK. Is the Yugo you speak about the same Yugo which were on sale in the UK; made in Yugoslavia?

If so, I'm surprised you managed to make it to the end of the street!
    Mine's a long list and I'm sure to miss a few off.

Car history (Part One):

Morris Minor.
    Vauxhall Victor.
    Morris Oxford.
    VW split-screen camper.
    Ford Cortina.
    Another Vauxhall Victor.
    Austin Maxi.
    Vauxhall Cavalier.
    Ford Orion.
    Ford Sierra.
    Ford Mondeo.
    Vauxhall Vectra.
    Vauxhall Astra.

All beige, family orientated stuff. I'm one of those who doesn't go through car ownership as fast as Bond goes through women.

The exception to the beige being a Triumph Stag which I owned briefly. It was nothing but trouble so I got rid after six months or so.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2022 Posts: 14,945
    Your screen-name suggests you quite liked it though! :)

Here's my list just for fun (I hang onto them for far too long so not very many of them!)
    Austin Mini
    Saab 900 Turbo 8v (2-door saloon)
    Saab 900 T16 Aero
    Alfa Romeo 147
    Audi TT
    BMW Z4 coupe
    My username is a reference to the Stag used in DAF. My own was great, when it worked properly, that was a rare occurrence though. Endless issues.

I always fancied a Saab but, for whatever reason, I never got to own - or even drive - one.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    stag wrote: »
    @Benny.

Yugo!?!

Looking at your list you're not from the UK. Is the Yugo you speak about the same Yugo which were on sale in the UK; made in Yugoslavia?

If so, I'm surprised you managed to make it to the end of the street!

The Yugo lasted for a week and a day after I passed my driving test. Sadly, I tried taking a very sharp right-hand corner at about 60mph and rolled it.
    The cars on my list up to the Volvo Amazon were in the UK, where I lived from birth till 1998. The Ford Falcon onwards are from Australia, my current home and likely to be for the foreseeable future.