The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

chrisisall wrote: »
    All books concerning Trump's growing fortune end at chapter 11.

LOL...I heard Hillary say that earlier. You bring up the key point of many Republicans who run for President every four years. It's all about book sales. What real jobs do Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee, Herman Cain and others do? They write books for the mouth-breathers on the right wing, appear constantly on Fox and that's about it. It's a scam.

Good news for some well-versed and broken followers, Trump is coming out with 'The Art of the Deal' 2.0. It will be HUGE.

bondjames wrote: »
    What's hilarious is I'm not even a Trump supporter. I'm just playing devil's advocate, and have been doing for 50+ pages on this thread. Who else has stood up for him here? Where would this thread be otherwise? It's a strongly left leaning forum on here and I figured that out some time back.

The vitriol directed at him is interesting to watch. The arguments even more so.

Everyone who thinks a bit better...or who tries to think better.....knows that you are planning to vote for Trump. Or that you want to give this organism a mandate. This is not a left or right wing matter for me. I detest every populist who thinks with his balls and talks with his anus. And for me it doesn't matter if that populist is right-wing or left-wing. History is full of examples that eventually brought a left-wing or right-wing populist to power. Maduro from Venezuela is a good example (left-wing), Putin too (right-wing).

The fact now however is, that the biggest populist in US history making the biggest chance to become president, is for whatever reason travelling on the Republican elephant, not the Democratic donkey.

Obviously, in a forum of which the majority consists of rational thinkers, you can expect that the biggest arrows are aimed at Donald Trump.

So, I don't get your 'role of being the devil's advocate'. It's foolish. And it shows that you prefer to trade out your common sense with movie-style analogies. And you're even entertained about it. I.....just don't get you @bondjames. I respect your possible vote for Trump. We live in a democracy. But the democracy is under pressure from foul-mouthed lunatics like Trump and Maduro. I will always critize that.

Good luck standing up for a dangerous populist clown like @bondjames.
    You are wrong on a variety of fronts regarding me. I'm not as linear as you seem to think I am. I just don't let the media, fear, the crowd or ridicule inform my opinions. I also try to remain dispassionate where I can.

Who am I anyway. Just a stupid, ignorant, uneducated Trump supporter allegedly, who doesn't know his head from his arse.

Oh, and we can add a dangerous populist clown to my faults, according to your last statement. Hopefully that was an error.

The very process of elections is much more lineair though. I also don't let media bias and fear from others cloud my judgment and my eventual vote. I do, however, carefully weigh all media outlets and their visions. Just tell us who you vote for.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    What's hilarious is I'm not even a Trump supporter. I'm just playing devil's advocate, and have been doing for 50+ pages on this thread. Who else has stood up for him here? Where would this thread be otherwise? It's a strongly left leaning forum on here and I figured that out some time back.

The vitriol directed at him is interesting to watch. The arguments even more so.

Everyone who thinks a bit better...or who tries to think better.....knows that you are planning to vote for Trump. Or that you want to give this organism a mandate. This is not a left or right wing matter for me. I detest every populist who thinks with his balls and talks with his anus. And for me it doesn't matter if that populist is right-wing or left-wing. History is full of examples that eventually brought a left-wing or right-wing populist to power. Maduro from Venezuela is a good example (left-wing), Putin too (right-wing).

The fact now however is, that the biggest populist in US history making the biggest chance to become president, is for whatever reason travelling on the Republican elephant, not the Democratic donkey.

Obviously, in a forum of which the majority consists of rational thinkers, you can expect that the biggest arrows are aimed at Donald Trump.

So, I don't get your 'role of being the devil's advocate'. It's foolish. And it shows that you prefer to trade out your common sense with movie-style analogies. And you're even entertained about it. I.....just don't get you @bondjames. I respect your possible vote for Trump. We live in a democracy. But the democracy is under pressure from foul-mouthed lunatics like Trump and Maduro. I will always critize that.

Good luck standing up for a dangerous populist clown like @bondjames.
    You are wrong on a variety of fronts regarding me. I'm not as linear as you seem to think I am. I just don't let the media, fear, the crowd or ridicule inform my opinions. I also try to remain dispassionate where I can.

Who am I anyway. Just a stupid, ignorant, uneducated Trump supporter allegedly, who doesn't know his head from his arse.

Oh, and we can add a dangerous populist clown to my faults, according to your last statement. Hopefully that was an error.

The very process of elections is much more lineair though. I also don't let media bias and fear from others cloud my judgment and my eventual vote. I do, however, carefully weigh all media outlets and their visions. Just tell us who you vote for.
    I didn't cast any aspersions your way did I? My vote is my business, and thankfully not yours.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Bernie. Any way possible.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

#-o
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    TripAces wrote: »

#-o
    @Chris will add a box with 'Bernie' to any voting ballot he comes across. This confused the people in his neighbourhood elderly home where he just visited a family member and people were voting for the new local miss 80+ election.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bernie Sanders for James Bond in 'Bond 25'!
    @Chris will add a box with 'Bernie' to any voting ballot he comes across.
    Dam straight.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    sociop40.jpg
    There is perhaps too much going on in this political cartoon but I see your point @Thunderpunch.
    Haha! Trump was in Scottland yesterday, and of course he congratulated them with the brexit decision. "You took your country back!" =))

You gotta love this guys stupidity sometimes! :D
    jobo wrote: »
    Haha! Trump was in Scottland yesterday, and of course he congratulated them with the brexit decision. "You took your country back!" =))

You gotta love this guys stupidity sometimes! :D

As business man he sees opportunities and as a president he probably sees blood in the water.

What I loved most was the reactions of the Scots themselves :

mashable.com/2016/06/24/trump-tweet-brexit/?utm_cid=hp-hh-pri#Lhk203bLvsqr

Clvk0ENUsAAApnB.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Those Scots do have a way with words.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 3,564
    Well. it's been a couple of weeks since anyone posted in this topic -- so I'm "taking the conversation back!" The political wonks have been concentrating on the Brexit vote and the struggle to select a new PM, understandably so -- and since I'm a Yank I've stayed out of that discussion. Time to strike a blow for the cultural supremacy of the good ol' USA! Let's dust off the Cheetos!

So Bernie has finally endorsed Hillary. Estimates are that 80% of the Bernie supporters will be coming over to Hillary. @chrisisall, where are you on this topic? The FBI has advised against filing charges regarding Hillary's email server, and the Republicans have responded by clamoring for more hearings, because well gee, she's GOTTA be guilty of SOMEthing... and Donald Trump is now suing an ex-campaign aide for $10,000,000 as part of his program to Make America Litigate Again (and again and again...) Surely there must be something worth noting now that the Republicans are almost ready to hold a convention with no one in attendance. How will Cleveland ever recover from this fatal fete?
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    -Still they are there trying to "waterboard"-me, deciding my future, where I should be, whom I should have the right to relate to, what income if any that I should have the right to receive-thereby the outing of myself by Patricia Highsmith-she knew what the US government was doing, and she could relate to my modest income..this is the reason for her book, "SMALL g: A SUMMER IDYLL"..!
    -No future United States president can ever afford to continue to behave like that against myself-weather its Clinton or Trump..!

So Trump is scheduled to announce his VP pick tomorrow(Friday, July 15). Here's a brief thumbnail on the projected 3 finalists.

Newt Gingrich-Former Speaker of the House who was forced to resign in disgrace is also a 3-time married serial wife cheater. His current wife is quite scary to look at, Newt is an idea guy but doesn't have the skill to develop action plans. Too much like Trump as one who rails against the establishment.

Chris Christie-His record of governing New Jersey is horrible. Classic overly large man who tries to bully his way thru a problem. Ten years ago mercilessly prosecuted the father of Trump's son-in-law and get a conviction for prison time. Christie has been named the head of Trump's transition team.

Mike Pence-Indiana's governor is running for re-election and must declare by noon tomorrow on whether he wants to be governor or a VP pick. Indiana law forbids him from simultaneously running for two offices. A number of his positions are in direct conflict with Trump. Pence was in Congress for a few years but pretty non-descript. He is considered the safe pick to the establishment.

That's it, unless a 4th dark horse potential suddenly appears.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 17,691
    Estimates are that 80% of the Bernie supporters will be coming over to Hillary. @chrisisall, where are you on this topic?
    I believe the Electoral College will not let Trump get in. Any way it goes down, Hillary won't win the popular vote by herself. If Clinton picks Bernie for VP I will certainly vote for her.
    Estimates are that 80% of the Bernie supporters will be coming over to Hillary. @chrisisall, where are you on this topic?
    I believe the Electoral College will not let Trump get in. Any way it goes down, Hillary won't win the popular vote by herself. If Clinton picks Bernie for VP I will certainly vote for her.

Did you actually follow the recent state polls in Pennsylvania, Ohio and especially Florida? It seems that Trump is truly catching up there, in part to the email-scandal on the Clinton-side (All the Trump scandals are swallowed like sweet cheesecakes it seems). This article is quite informative about it:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-when-to-freak-out-about-shocking-new-polls/

I still think Clinton could win it, BUT I am starting to think that Clinton will get nowhere near the 332 to 365 electoral votes that Obama won in 2012 and 2008. In any case....Trump has got some good days..........even before the start of the actual RNC convention in Cleveland.

Could Donald Trump 'Brexiprise' us as well?
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 6,601
    As much as we might twist it around in words and whatnot - we have no idea, WHO is indeed president of the USA NOW or in the future. Nobody we know or see, this is for sure. We are allowed to vote for their pupets, that's about as far as it gets. Pretty much end of story. And it will be like this until we grow eyes to see and brains to think behind what they allow us to see and hear.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    BUT I am starting to think that Clinton will get nowhere near the 332 to 365 electoral votes that Obama won in 2012 and 2008.
    Why is that even a surprise to you? Clinton isn't anywhere near the candidate that Obama was and is (as I've been saying for quite some time), and Trump is a far superior candidate to the joker that was Mitt Romney.

This will be a very close election, and a nasty race.

PS: I don't think the VP pick is Newt. It's either Pence or a surprise, but probably the former.
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    edited July 2016 Posts: 221
    -uk- 'Waterboards' Me with Boris J....

and that in the hands of a former interior Minister..James Bond is shoveled aside with TRUMP and whatever the Devil May care...!...sounds like a devilish bondish plott..alreaddy written??!..!
    BUT I am starting to think that Clinton will get nowhere near the 332 to 365 electoral votes that Obama won in 2012 and 2008.
    Why is that even a surprise to you? Clinton isn't anywhere near the candidate that Obama was and is (as I've been saying for quite some time), and Trump is a far superior candidate to the joker that was Mitt Romney.

PS: I don't think the VP pick is Newt. It's either Pence or a surprise, but probably the former.

It's a surprise to me, because before two weeks ago it all seemed a bit clearer.

Still, I question what you think is 'superior' to a presidential candidate. For me that's knowledge of the policies on hand. Not being a great media orator.
    I am still confused who anybody can call Trump the superior candidate when that man is such a major bigot, racist, proven liar and egotistical?

But calling him superior does say something about your believes and what you stand for.

Perhaps the US is in a very poor place at this time when people consider Trump an option for the future.

It's a surprise to me, because before two weeks ago it all seemed a bit clearer.

Still, I question what you think is 'superior' to a presidential candidate. For me that's knowledge of the policies on hand. Not being a great media orator.
    I sense a bit of condescension and 'superiority' in that last statement. A superior candidate in my estimation is just that - one who is a better able to navigate the needs, wants and requirements of the American populace, and reflect/empathize/communicate that clearly.

As I've said numerous times on this thread, the time for policy articulation/clarification is coming now and for the next four months - not during the primaries and not during the first six to eight months of the marathon US election process. It's best communicated at a conceptual level, because all detail policies can only be implemented through Congress.

The electorate will have plenty of chances to understand the platforms of the candidates & to make up their mind based on that, based on their assessment of the candidates themselves, and based on who they want in their living rooms for the next four years.

If you ever thought this was going to be a 'blowout' for one candidate, then you've misread the electorate.

I sense a bit of condescension and 'superiority' in that last statement. A superior candidate in my estimation is just that - one who is a better able to navigate the needs, wants and requirements of the American populace, and reflect/empathize/communicate that clearly.

As I've said numerous times on this thread, the time for policy articulation/clarification is coming now and for the next four months - not during the primaries and not during the first six to eight months of the marathon US election process. It's best communicated at a conceptual level, because all detail policies can only be implemented through Congress.

The electorate will have plenty of chances to understand the platforms of the candidates & to make up their mind based on that, based on their assessment of the candidates themselves, and based on who they want in their living rooms for the next four years.

If you ever thought this was going to be a 'blowout' for one candidate, then you've misread the electorate.

Easy now. Please.

What I meant is simply that for me a good candidate needs to articulate his policies in an early stage, a later stage, now and all the way throughout November. Blatantly screaming about it or attacking others doesn't help.

I also think that both Clinton and Trump aren't by far 'superior' candidates. Whoever wins this election will have to face the 'angry other side'. And this time they won't be just angry....they will become mad psychopaths, both in Congress and the Senate.

Both the GOP and DNC are to blame for this. The USA is basically a '2 party autocracy', and I think whoever will become president, could very well be a one-term president. That goes for Clinton, but also for Trump.

Looking back on recent US presidency's, I'd say that only Reagan and Obama could inspire me.

Easy now. Please.
    Pot calling kettle much?
    I also think that both Clinton and Trump aren't by far 'superior' candidates.
    I stand by my earlier statement, which may have been misinterpreted.

Obama is and was a far superior candidate to Clinton (in every way) and Trump is and was a far superior candidate to Romney and to McCain/Palin (the 2nd name on that list says it all), except for conservatives, which he is not, in the traditional sense.
    Again I think you're over-estimating the intelligence of the American voter. They don't care about major issues and won't bother to find out their positions on most subjects. There are still people who would NEVER vote for a woman for President, just like they would NEVER vote for an African-American. Trump just throws out red meat to the base, by saying what they want to hear: 'those people', 'build a wall', etc.. Hillary has had her positions out for months but few people care.

I had a Marketing instructor say that you make a buying decision every day of your life and you have the mindset of an 8-year old. What's your mindset when you do something every 4 years? Pretty low bar.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just wait until the celebrities tell you how to vote. ...... they are wise ! :D
This discussion has been closed.