The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    8 years " only in a rerun" ;)
  • 8 years "only in Trump's dreams." Or "our nightmares."
    He could suprise everyone by being a loving, cuddly, caring liberal sort of ...
    ..... Demigod ! :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Don't mess with Trump
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @bondjames

that's priceless, I hope this was a stunt :)) bloody hell....
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @BondJasonBond006, yep it was a gag. He did an appearance on WWE a few years back. Battle of the billionaires (him against Vince McMahon who runs the place)
    You're so right @Jamesstock. There's not too much difference between Americans on one side and Germans, Dutch, Spanish, Belgians, Austrians on the other side.

We all are citizens from a country from the 'classic West' in which ultra-right wing (and left wing) populism, ultra-nationalism and xenophobia are on the rise exponentially. I think by now we know exactly why.

Our middle-class is severely under pressure. Statistical figures of the economy don't seem to match up anymore with the 'real, practical economy'. That's because nations keep staring at unemployment figures, whereas debt figures are way more important.

So ask yourself this: Who is going to make the middle-class strong again? Who's going to re-ignite the strengths of middle-class people again?
    Well said and couldn't agree more. I wish I knew the answer so I could vote accordingly, even if it meant voting against my beliefs...although like everyone else, I'm pretty sure the answer coincides with my beliefs... ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    VOTE FOR TRUMP! He's a businessman, and war is great business! NUKE the terrorists in the middle east! Machine gun those Mexican cartel dudes from the new Great Wall trying to get in & steal welfare from the U.S.! Incarcerate Muslims in the country- then send them back to Pakistan where they came from! Let's have more respect from the coloured folk, the females, and the dregs who pay no property taxes (aka "homeless")!
  • From a quip I heard on the radio the other day: if he didn't REALLY mean what he said when he said (fill in the blank: build the wall, deport them all, rapists & addicts, whatever...) then he's not a negotiator, he's a bull$#!++er...and the office he's running for ISN'T that of "Bull$#!++er-In-Chief!"
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 533
    So ask yourself this: Who is going to make the middle-class strong again? Who's going to re-ignite the strengths of middle-class people again?

Yeah, like who gives a rat's behind about the working-class?

"Let's have more respect from the coloured folk . . ."

I keep forgettting that we're still stuck in 1956.
    DRush76 wrote: »

Yeah, like who gives a rat's behind about the working-class?

"Let's have more respect from the coloured folk . . ."

I keep forgettting that we're still stuck in 1956.

Exactly.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 565
    he's a bull$#!++er...and the office he's running for ISN'T that of "Bull$#!++er-In-Chief!"
    Wait, what is Hillary then? I'll give you it's not the same type of BS...her's is the well-articulated cover-up type... The dems have a jewel in the rough (called Sanders) and instead they're going to try to take this old washed up politician that everyone knows has dirty secrets and no one likes...

By the way, kudos to everyone here...after 22 pages, I don't think there's been one personal attack yet. I think that says a lot about the people here. Keep it up!
    JamesStock wrote: »
    he's a bull$#!++er...and the office he's running for ISN'T that of "Bull$#!++er-In-Chief!"
    Wait, what is Hillary then? I'll give you it's not the same type of BS...her's is the well-articulated cover-up type... The dems have a jewel in the rough (called Sanders) and instead they're going to try to take this old washed up politician that everyone knows has dirty secrets and no one likes...
    If Sanders doesn't win then who gives a f**k. We are all screwed. All the rest are bought.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    12783942_1772276793002522_1863140560_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5NzU2NzYzNTQ3ODQyODEzNw%3D%3D.2
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    That's priceless :))

so best to vote for not Hillary and not Trump, I guess that leaves Bloomberg (he does run, doesn't he?)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    vhba7.jpg
    :)) very good.
    TripAces wrote: »
    vhba7.jpg
    Yes, quite.
    :))
    Read something funny the other day on another french forum :

At the news that Miley Cyrus was ready to leave the US if Trump was elected, somebody typed that, for somebody who got her fame thanks to Disney, it was ironic that she should leave her country because of Donald.

Yes, kinda ironic, that.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Read something funny the other day on another french forum :

At the news that Miley Cyrus was ready to leave the US if Trump was elected, somebody typed that, for somebody who got her fame thanks to Disney, it was ironic that she should leave her country because of Donald.

Yes, kinda ironic, that.

Sounds like the first compelling reason to vote for Donald Trump.
    This has some truth. Americans don't vote FOR Trump, they just vote AGAINST the rest.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/04/trump-is-the-symbol-of-americas-discontent
    I hope any celebrities who come out with the "if ........ wins I'm leaving " are indeed
    Forced to leave , if they do. ;)
    I hope any celebrities who come out with the "if ........ wins I'm leaving " are indeed

Now that would be fun :))
    Same here with the EU referendum. :)
    While the US and the EU currently goes through a bout of serious xenophobia it would just be too much to have one of its terrible mouthpieces obtaining the reigns of a nation like the US. We are much more in need for one with restraints than a testosterone filled numbnuts. That is perhaps why I would favor a woman in the job the world is enough of a mess without a Trump adding to it.
    FLeiter wrote: »
    An interesting parallel is developing, in that party bosses will not accept the will of the people. In 1968, as the anti-Vietnam War movement was growing, Sen. Gene McCarthy announced his candidacy for President against then Pres. Lyndon Johnson. As the McCarthy campaign began to gain traction, Johnson announced in late March he would not seek re-election. Sen. Bobby Kennedy started his own Presidential campaign and McCarthy/Kennedy were the front runners. Kennedy was shot and killed in June, leaving McCarthy as the only one who had won a primary. At the time only 14-16 states were holding primaries.

Onto the Democratic Convention in Chicago and McCarthy was considered the eventual nominee, but not so fast. Party bosses selected VP Hubert Humphrey(who had not won a single primary) and ignored the McCarthy campaign and the voice of the voters. The convention was noted for its fights inside and outside the convention. Police assaulted protestors, news people and even delegates. Humphrey ran against Nixon and that did not end well.

As the Republican Party bosses are busy trying to stop Trump at any costs, could history be repeating itself.

http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-theories/2016/02/the-trump-assassination-danger-zone-begins-in-september-2474162.html.

I confess that I have not been following the Trump campaign that closely, and the intricacies of the US political system are beyond my understanding, but, aside firm the high profile outrageous things the media have highlighted, Trump seems to have said a number of interesting things that would upset the establishment. For examples:
    - Trump has said he is very rich and self-funding so not reliant on rich donors and their sel-interested lobbyists;
    - he has said he wants to audit the Fed, which controls the US money supply but is privately owned;
    - support for generally available health care and not based on ability to pay
    - military spending gives poor value for money
    - on his infamous suggestion if preventing Muslim's from entering the US , I found the rest of statement intersting - "until we find out what is going on" which suggests he may not be a fan of the Neocon programme of invading and controlling Middle Eastern countries;
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,554
    Troy wrote: »
    I confess that I have not been following the Trump campaign that closely, and the intricacies of the US political system are beyond my understanding, but, aside firm the high profile outrageous things the media have highlighted, Trump seems to have said a number of interesting things that would upset the establishment. For examples:
    - Trump has said he is very rich and self-funding so not reliant on rich donors and their sel-interested lobbyists;
    - he has said he wants to audit the Fed, which controls the US money supply but is privately owned;
    - support for generally available health care and not based on ability to pay
    - military spending gives poor value for money
    - on his infamous suggestion if preventing Muslim's from entering the US , I found the rest of statement intersting - "until we find out what is going on" which suggests he may not be a fan of the Neocon programme of invading and controlling Middle Eastern countries;

Trust me, they're beyond the understanding of most Americans, too.
    They're difficult to understand because they defy logic. It's absurd that the same three states (Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina) get to have the most definitive say in which candidates the majority of the country get to choose from every cycle.
  • I hope any celebrities who come out with the "if ........ wins I'm leaving " are indeed

Ted Nugent would have been dead or in jail 8 years ago. Again, not a bad outcome...

This discussion has been closed.