The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Finding Connery in that picture is tougher than finding Waldo.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Or trying to find Maud Adams in AVTAK. ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    To me Aidan looks genetically engineered to be a mix of Dalton, Connery & Brosnan. And that's not bad...
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    If not Bond, he can become the next president... of something.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I have to say, I like the direction this thread is taking!
    Oh! And I finished my Seaview model (The little kids here will be like "The what model?") ! Whole front nose section is from scratch!

1lPYV2U.jpg
    4pIxKte.jpg

Which version ? The movie or the TV series ? Me, I would prefer the movie version. At least, I can imagine Barbara Eden (the well-named) inside.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Which version ? The movie or the TV series ? Me, I would prefer the movie version. At least, I can imagine Barbara Eden (the well-named) inside.
    The movie & first season version, before they mucked it all up to contain the Flying Sub (which itself was very cool).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Anyone can become the next president, apparently.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited November 2016 Posts: 8,090
    I don't know about becoming President, but something tells me Aidan will be winning over the american public soon enough...
    chrisisall wrote: »
    To me Aidan looks genetically engineered to be a mix of Dalton, Connery & Brosnan. And that's not bad...
    That's about right. He does look good. Would definitely give him an audition. See how well he walks and talks and stuff

Nice job on the Seaview!
    timmer wrote: »
    Nice job on the Seaview!
    My inner 10 year old thanks you! :)>-
    bondjames wrote: »

Exactly. From now on, the sky is the limit for everyone.

edited November 2016 Posts: 17,691

Exactly. From now on, the sky is the limit for everyone.

Reouters 9/12/2020
    The world is still amazed by the election of Bernie Sanders to the office of POTUS in the light of President Pence's political loss and apparent subsequent suicide yesterday. The Muslim & Mexican internment camps are to be destroyed, as are the 23 new 'Poorhouse' prisons nationwide. Neil Degrasse Tyson was quoted today, "Good. Now I can stop fighting this fu**ing anti-science s**t."
    Recently released from his prison term for racketeering, an uncharacteristically repentant Donald Trump was also quoted today, "The more things change, the more they stay the same. Snake Plissken said that. Those were good words, the best words. I had to watch Escape From LA over a hundred times in the hoosegow to 'get' it. And just on DVD- no Blu Ray!"
    Europe is prepared to re-establish communication with the U.S. government, our soldiers in Canada are being recalled and rumour has it that Vladimir Putin is still on his Vodka binge and so could not be reached for comment.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17,691
    and-donald-trump-maam-just-make-it-look-like-an-5840515.png
  • Pop the balloon, Tim!
    Pop the balloon, Tim!
    Popped. The above emerged.
  • Have they written the script for Bond 25 yet? You've found a nice plot twist there!
    Have they written the script for Bond 25 yet? You've found a nice plot twist there!
    I believe that's 'need to know' old boy.
    I ask you to either listen to it and command on it based on what you have heard or you don't listen to it and don't bitch. And if you listen to it and don't agree, maybe you are able to tell me, WHY you don't think, its like they say.

Richie Allen Show (@RichieAllenShow). Europe's most listened to (Verified) Independent News Radio Show, airing weeknights ...

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @Germanlady, I watched the whole thing.

While I don't doubt there is some truth to it (particularly the banking cabal), like most conspiracists, they overreach here and lose credibility. He completely lost me when he started talking about the grassy knoll during the Reagan shooting and questioning whether James Brady actually took a bullet for the president.

One thing I'm quite certain of and which they discuss: Trump knows the power structure and who pulls the strings and levers. He was careful to be populist enough without getting into details. It's a fine line, and by straddling it (albeit with quite a lean to one side), he gave himself a chance of victory. He will have to govern similarly. Maintain the illusion.
    Reouters 9/12/2020
    The world is still amazed by the election of Bernie Sanders to the office of POTUS
    I'm not certain of much in life, but I'm quite sure this won't happen. He had his chance in 2016, and I'm sure he lost quite a few independents on account of his support (albeit wavering) for Hillary. He would have been better off not doing that, as for some (including me), he lost credibility.

The power structure can work with Trump. I don't believe they will want to work with Bernie.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There is a bigger chance of Newt Gingrich becoming the next puppet.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The Newt would truly be a catastrophe.

But let's face it, it'll be Cruz if a Republican follows after Trump.

With Ted Cruz you can all dig out the hyperbole and announce Armageddon.

Trump is the infinitely better result of this election than Cruz would have been.

Do you people even realise that if he had won the ticket he would be President now??
    Reouters 9/12/2020
    The world is still amazed by the election of Bernie Sanders to the office of POTUS
    I'm not certain of much in life, but I'm quite sure this won't happen. He had his chance in 2016, and I'm sure he lost quite a few independents on account of his support (albeit wavering) for Hillary. He would have been better off not doing that, as for some (including me), he lost credibility.

The power structure can work with Trump. I don't believe they will want to work with Bernie.

I agree. Bernie would have won against Trump easily, but corporations, Wall Street, MIC, neocons, they all wanted Hillary no matter what. It does appear these days that Bernie aligned himself with these power structures, and if that's the case, then some of his credibility will probably be lost.

As far as Trump is concerned, they will probably try to buy him off as well. He made a move in good direction by appointing Michael Flynn as his security adviser. This guy is much less hostile towards Russia, and that's not what the establishment wants. However, it's far from over, Trump might give in, too.

• peterpeter Toronto
    The Newt would truly be a catastrophe.

But let's face it, it'll be Cruz if a Republican follows after Trump.

With Ted Cruz you can all dig out the hyperbole and announce Armageddon.

Trump is the infinitely better result of this election than Cruz would have been.

Do you people even realise that if he had won the ticket he would be President now??

@bondjason, we finally agree on something (I can't stand Dalton (on the grounds that he's a self-indulgent Actor (with a big "A"), and is too hammy, self-serious, and lacking in charm), and, I, admittedly, am a huge fan of Craig, sorry).

Re: Cruz: he is, without a doubt, a narcissistic, snivelling, egotistical maniac who hides behind evangelical Christianity.

If he ever became President, he would be so embedded in the special interests of the religious right, say good night to any civil liberties.

At least with Trump, we know what the world is getting is a New Yorker, born with a silver spoon in his mouth; he's an entitled brat who's thin-skinned, unlikable, but, nonetheless, a New Yorker, one of the most liberal cities on the planet. Unless he's a complete psychopath, I can't see a New Yorker repealing gay rights/marriage, and, out of self preservation, he's all bluster and will never re-open the abortion debate.
    peter wrote: »
    Unless he's a complete psychopath
    He's a sociopath.
    Similar.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @chisisall... touche
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited November 2016 Posts: 1,053
    An interesting article here. I cannot vouch for its validity as I wasn't there and haven't come across the 'American Spectator' before.

On a similar vein, unless I had personal dealings with him, I would also be cautious in ascribing the attributes of psychopath and sociopath to Trump.

https://spectator.org/where-was-hillary/
  • peterpeter Toronto
    What I find most interesting about the past election, and specifically the Republicans: Donald Trump was never a Republican, he was a Democrat, a close friend of Bill and Hillary, who donated to both.

So what gives?

And now, as a "Republican", he wants to take one of Reagan's legacies, NAFTA, and rip it up. As a Republican, how could one vote for this?

Is he a Republican? Or is he a Democrat? Or does he run under his own twisted ideology and, knowing it wouldn't quite fly under the Democrats, and knowing he would't get real traction as an Independent, chose the mantle of the Republicans instead?

What is Donald Trump?
This discussion has been closed.