The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

Oh now this is really ugly. How dare you?
    Yeah trampling on Obama's legacy, that's just ugly friend.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    can't tell if you are touchy or just sarcastic :P
    I think he's touchy, obviously doesn't like Obama very much.
    I thought he doesn't like the Nobel Peace Price Committee.
    The meme is about them more really.
    Well he who wins the war wins the peace - I thought it was endorsing the Nobel Peace Price Committee.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I saw Obama s helicopter flying out of Oslo after his Nobel prize for deceiving rhetoric, and people were waving with a huge loving smile on their stupid faces.

Trump has better step up to the plate and deliver on some of his promises more than his lying predecessors.

As Russia is on our doorstep, I am at least glad that Hillary won t get the chance to provoke nuclear war with the NWO traitor Putin and his insane murderous government.
    I saw Obama s helicopter flying out of Oslo after his Nobel prize for deceiving rhetoric, and people were waving with a huge loving smile on their stupid faces.

Trump has better step up to the plate and deliver on some of his promises more than his lying predecessors.

As Russia is on our doorstep, I am at least glad that Hillary won t get the chance to provoke nuclear war with the NWO traitor Putin and his insane murderous government.

Putin is the only sensible world leader left.
    Can there be peace without war?
    If it never rained would we call sunny weather bad or good?
    Can there be peace without war?
    If it never rained would we call sunny weather bad or good?

Exactly.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Putin is the only sensible world leader left.

I am always sarcastic. Except now.
    I'm never sarcastic.
    Ed83 wrote: »
    Drop in the ocean compared to all of the BLM and Lib protesters.
    Yep, that's pretty obvious and plain to see.
    These people don't respect democracy.
    If they had their way, they would seize power and impose their version of the "fair" society.
    Meanwhile the rest of us fight for the free society, including most normal liberals.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Sadly.....Trump starts showing bits of his old self again. So does his transition team :|. Please president-elect. Don't.... :( . Utter a unifying message. Please:

- "Trump Team's Revenge":
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-teams-revenge-231222

- "Trump Shows Flashes Of His Old Self":
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-flip-flops-protests-231229
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    News is only as good as the sources reporting it..................
    Trump will choose people that supported him. Not many Republicans had the guts to do so.
    I can understand they will certainly not reward any of those who blatantly rejected Trump.
    @Gustav_Graves

You have to have loyal people around you and not vanes.

As for reports of Trump showing his "old self"...I couldn't care less. It's clear the media, some of it, will jump at any opportunity to shout "we told you so" in the near future.

Let the man work for Christ's sake. He has been elected two days ago.
    He has already shown that he can be "presidential" and reasonable in tone and demeanour.

You can start judging his administration once it is 100 days old.
  • stag wrote: »
    News is only as good as the sources reporting it..................

Well, I think it's no good to call all these protesters "a bunch of crybabies", like Giuliani said the other day. I mean, even Nixon didn't say that. I think especially now Trump and Trump's team need to unify the country. No good to battle verbally.
  • You can start judging his administration once it is 100 days old.

Ooowh absolutely. We will. But after such a cruel, hard-fought, nasty campaign in which words like "deplorables" (from the Democratic side) and "crooked", "grab them by the pussy", etc (Republican side), you have to understand that many people feel offended. People expect, especially president-elect Trump, to unify. And perhaps even more forcefully than previous president-elects did. Perhaps that will happen....

By the way, you wanted me to respond in a nice way no? Then don't start becoming agitated. I mean, I'm merely observing what Trump has been twittering these days and what Giuliani said. Again: Don't do that. Unify.
  • Trump will choose people that supported him. Not many Republicans had the guts to do so.
    I can understand they will certainly not reward any of those who blatantly rejected Trump.
    @Gustav_Graves

So that's why the press should not travelling with him to his meeting with Obama? Only loyal press should be there? Like Breitbart and Fox News? And the 'other media' should not even get close to Trump :-)?
    @Gustav_Graves

Don't take it personal. If I came across agitated or insulting I'm sorry. Now that the election is over I expect the US people to accept it.
    I'm trying to look at all sides. It's just that after the brainless anti-Brexit protests (after Brexit was voted yes by a majority) now the losers of this election do the same.

This is a very troubling new development, that after a vote or an election the losing side goes to the street to try to nullify the result or have another vote (until they get what they want).

Sadly, it seems to be the left political spectrum that acts that way lately. They should know better.

As a Swiss, you can imagine, I have a very strong sense of direct democracy. The Swiss people have made some shocking decisions in the last 4 years but we don't go to the street and act like crybabies who got the wrong present for Birthday.
    We accept without question every voting result. Always. Because it's the very foundation of our nation.
    And we also have a system where in fact a majority of people may vote for something and it doesn't happen because the majority of the Cantons (States) voted against it. Similar to the US system actually.

Results that came about democratically must be accepted and not protested.
    I have nothing but disgust for those protesters.

Not shooting the messenger (you) here, how could I, you're too sweet :P
    Trump will choose people that supported him. Not many Republicans had the guts to do so.
    @Gustav_Graves

So that's why the press should not travelling with him to his meeting with Obama? Only loyal press should be there? Like Breitbart and Fox News? And the 'other media' should not even get close to Trump :-)?

I have not talked about the press of course. I mean the politicians and staff around Trump :)

Breitbart is a joke as far as I can see from here. Fox News is so imfamous around the world, really no-one takes it seriously, except the Americans I guess.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,692
    I see that Clinton won the 'popular vote', with about 200,000 more votes, but that's still a minority of Americans, since 45% or so of the electorate didn't bother voting. Not a dig at Clinton, this shit has been going on in most democracies for a long time. We have been electing minority Presidents and Prime Ministers for decades. Always funny to see various political parties around the world claiming they are the #1 party in their respective countries, while the truth is that non-voters are the biggest 'political party' almost everywhere. I'd really like that politicians, journalists, even us voters, start analyzing why so many people do not bother voting, and figure out what we can do about it. I know getting everyone to vote is impossible, but when almost half the country does not vote at any given election, something is wrong.
  • Welcome to the New AmeriKKKa: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/countless-acts-of-hate-have-been-carried-out-since-trumps-win_us_5825ee38e4b02d21bbc86211

Looking for a kumbaya moment between right & left? I think we've got a ways to go before that's happening. This is the Aerosmith version of a Beatles song written by John & originally released on the Abbey Road album.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited November 2016 Posts: 8,158
    No kumbaya can happen whilst people are still protesting in the streets. Trump won fair and square, but those people aren't ready to "come together" yet.
  • Keep demonizing "those people" mendez. That way you can stay part of the problem instead of becoming part of the solution.

Sly & the Family Stone: interracial, multi-gendered, & way ahead of their time.
    The election is over. Very few of what got posted here was reasonable. Politics is a difficult topic that can be a burden on friendships, but it shouldn't.

I didn't post a lot here for obvious reasons, I wouldn't blindly follow Hillary as many here did or be totally opposed to Trump as most here were. I'm always trying to see both sides.

Anyway, the thread is done in my opinion.

I wish this Administration luck and hope they can be successful in a good way.
    In four (two) years all of you Americans have the luxury to vote again.
    Take your chance, it's your right and your obligation.

See you on the other threads, best regards, Jason Bond
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited November 2016 Posts: 8,158
    If anyone is getting demonized it's the ordinary Americans who are now being called racist sexist and homophobic because of who they decided to vote for. Of course, we don't have any sympathy for those people though. After all, that's how this inclusivity thing works, right?
    Elvis-what would he vote for?

He got his FBI badge from Nixon.

A king is above elections, of course.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I feel sorry for the majority of those who voted for Trump. Contrary to popular belief, most did not vote that way out of being redneck idiots- they are in poverty & desperate for change, and Hillary symbolized business as usual. I get that. They probably would have voted for Bernie if they could have (most anyway) but DNC & Corporate media shenanigans made that impossible. So here we are. All is not lost, all is just going to be more difficult is all. The silver lining here is that all the snafus of this administration will be all on them- no yelling "It's the Democrat's fault!" And then maybe we can vote some a**holes out of Congressional or Senate seats in a couple of years, and a really GOOD President in four. Meanwhile, hard times is good for the movies. Some of the best films ever were released during crappy administrations! :D
This discussion has been closed.