The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

Fair enough
    Benny wrote: »
    318 million people, and this is the best you can come up with...really.

Looking forward to when this circus is over.

Trump__Clinton.jpg

Hulk Hogan : Don't you worry , brother , cuz the Donald has asked ME to run for prez , jack !

:P
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I know, I am not trying to be popular. If I were, I would just go with the flow, howl with the wolves etc.
    Don't waste your time @Thunderfinger. I gave up months ago. Just have some fun with it all.

This thread will probably be over and done with in a month (thank goodness!), even if the damage to American political credibility has probably just begun.

We are in for interesting times.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I know, I am not trying to be popular. If I were, I would just go with the flow, howl with the wolves etc.
    Don't waste your time @Thunderfinger. I gave up months ago. Just have some fun with it all.

This thread will probably be over and done with in a month (thank goodness!), even if the damage to American political credibility has probably just begun.

You lost the last drop of credibility with me when you went to great lengths defneding his tax evations. Later, when you realised his campaign was in jeopardy you started whining about how a Clinton victory would mean a political disaster. What you are never willing to admit is that the biggest threat to Americas political credibility are the Republicans and Trump especially. He has not only proved to be a populist, he has even shown strong fascist tendencies. And this was the guy who was gonna fix the American democracy, you said? America saved their last drop of credibility by not electing him.

Your well articulated language doesn´t hide the fact that you have been talking nonsense from day one. You are better off admitting you were wrong than whining about our supposed ignorance.

jobo wrote: »

You lost the last drop of credibility with me when you went to great lengths defneding his tax evations. Later, when you realised his campaign was in jeopardy you started whining about how a Clinton victory would mean a political disaster. What you are never willing to admit is that the biggest threat to Americas political credibility are the Republicans and Trump especially. He has not only proved to be a populist, he has even shown strong fascist tendencies. And this was the guy who was gonna fix the American democracy, you said? America saved their last drop of credibility by not electing him.

Your well articulated language doesn´t hide the fact that you have been talking nonsense from day one. You are better off admitting you were wrong than whining about our supposed ignorance.
    So much anger and hate. You've actually demonstrated your ignorance in this last post. Good riddance @jobo. You and I are done.

So much anger and hate. You've actually demonstrated your ignorance in this last post. Good riddance @jobo. You and I are done.

As a matter of fact we were done long ago...

As a matter of fact we were done long ago...
    Apparently. I was a bit slow on the uptake. My mistake. I won't lose sleep over it.
  • If there's one thing outside the political spectrum that this mess has shaken up, it's that I know so many people who, because of their behavior during this election period, I'll never be able to look at in the same way again.

In a time when it was crucial for us to present our best, we favored giving in to our worst, like the candidates themselves.

There was a good item yesterday on Dutch news. About how this political divide even divides families. Just imagine when your dad is a die-hard Trump supporter and your mum prefers Paul Ryan.... This election, compared to previous elections truly breaks up friendships, relationships, and family ties. Even on here at times the discussions are beyond sharp.

You are correct, Gustav. Friends, please, let us remember the difference between refuting an argument and attacking the person who posted the argument.

Here's something I find curious: the Bond series is based in a cold war template, one that intrinsically distrusts Russia. I would think that most Bond fans would tend to share that mindset; otherwise, they'd have a hard time being Bond fans. And yet, some among us find it easier to mistrust the western powers, and describe our own governments as being warmongers, rather than letting anyone on this thread express any doubt as to the noble intentions of Vladimir Putin. Just one more curious aspect of this political campaign from the Bizarro world, I guess...

Oh, and Thunderfinger: re: your badly-painted jet? Looks like photoshop to me.
    I have provided lots of links on various threads before. They tend to go unnoticed.

Other threads are not this thread. Please try not to blame us for the behavior of others. A few times here, you've given us the bare bones of a point (as with Turkey/US Army Toyota trucks/ISIS) that left me scratching my head. HUH? I'd be perfectly happy to engage the point if you'd give me a little more to go on, as it is I have no idea what you're talking about.
    @BreatlesSansEarmuffs, the Syrian problem is a complex one with geopolitical interests and big power jostling.

At its core is whether Syria remains as a single entity (Russia and Iran's preference) or is split up.

It's not something which can be simply explained on this thread, and it has a lot of moving parts. Right now we are in the fog of a 'messaging war' between nations on the UN Security Council, which is never a good thing. Since it's a messaging war, take what you are told with a grain of salt, because public support for increased military intervention after this election is currently being sanctioned (you'll see it if you look for it).

If you want to understand a little more about the complexity of that problem, this is one of the better discussions I've seen on it of late:
    https://charlierose.com/videos/28902
  • jobo wrote: »
    There are no insults in here???

- "There are brainwashed kids posting on this forum". Obviously referring to me.

- "The level of idiocy is unbelievable". Obviously with no explanation or backing.

These are definitely insults, @Gustav_Graves, although the p word is not used. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

First of all, I did not say "The level of idiocy is unbelievable". Secondly, I was referring to that YouTube video in which Trump holds up a kid in a Trump suit. To the parents of those kids I would say "please don't brainwash your kid like that". When I talk about brainwashed kids, I was referring to the video and not you or @Thunderfinger.

And if I directly offend you, which I didn't, then I am deeply sorry.

I was obviously not quoting or referring to you! Have you taken any notice at all of the "duscussion" going on lately?

Yes, but again, I think there's a difference in a more generalized comment, addressed to a group of people, like "The level of idiocy is unbelievable"...

.....and personal insults and attacks like "She is full of hate!", "She is the devil!", "Put her in jail!" or "Grab her by the p***y!"

I mean.....cite the quotes and discover the difference in tone, in harshness. Or am I the only one??

No, Gustav, you're not the only one.

Let me take this opportunity to grapple with Trump's assertion that Hillary is full of hate. This is just another example of Trump's childishness, projecting his own less than sterling qualities onto his opponents. It's an "I'm rubber and you're glue!" statement taken into the arena of adult politics, and he does it a lot. This is how we get both "Lying Ted" and "Crooked Hillary." Trump is the one who's lying, is crooked, and is full of hate. Sorry to have to state the obvious, but I suppose it's better not to assume that everyone else has the same perceptions that I have.

(But I have all the best words!) ;)
  • bondjames wrote: »
    @BreatlesSansEarmuffs, the Syrian problem is a complex one with geopolitical interests and big power jostling.

At its core is whether Syria remains as a single entity (Russia and Iran's preference) or is split up.

It's not something which can be simply explained on this thread, and it has a lot of moving parts. Right now we are in the fog of a 'messaging war' between nations on the UN Security Council, which is never a good thing. Since it's a messaging war, take what you are told with a grain of salt, because public support for increased military intervention after this election is currently being sanctioned (you'll see it if you look for it).

If you want to understand a little more about the complexity of that problem, this is one of the better discussions I've seen on it of late:
    https://charlierose.com/videos/28902

Thanks for the link, @bondjames. I'll try to get to it a bit later, but a Charlie Rose discussion is generally worth checking out.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 6,601
    I have provided lots of links on various threads before. They tend to go unnoticed.

Syria does have a democratically elected government, a popular one at that. One of our allies in the proxy war against Assad is Saudi- Arabia. What a joke.

And Turkey, where the huge convoys of US Army Toyota trucks emanated. I am talking about our friends ISIS here.

This war was instigated from the outside as Assad wasn t dancing to the tunes of the global banking cartel. Judging by the spin here, he just suddenly got bored and started slaying people, and crazy Putin wanted in on the fun.

Even if the official "news" were partly true, the level of hipocricy would still be amazing.

They just don't WANT to know. Its all about gasoline, for Christs sake. Is that so hard to understand?

..and why is it so hard to swallow, that such a thing as flase flag attacks exist and have been done over and over. If they paint them today, wait for a "russian" attack tomorrow.
    As I thought, pure conspiracy theories. It would be easier to believe if this was a pure messaging war between the US and Russia. However the Assad regime has been denounced by the entire western world including the EU.

The claims that the Syrian government was democratically elected and popular contradicts every credible source on the subject. Assad´s party had no legal adversary until the last election, where his opponents were sanctioned and the election heavily controlled. The Syrian dictatorship has been stable through many decades until the protests that began to take form as result of the Arab Spring.

I am not a naive person, and I have never claimed this is a fight between the angel and the devil, but these theories are simply ridiculous. And even if you believe them, regardless of who instigated the uprising, the way it has been handled by the Assad regime is horrendous.
  • @jobo don't worry I think the 'theories' are heading towards the good ol' world domination plan by Jews and the Rothchilds 'global banking cartel' .

Sure sounding like that even if the eponymous have not yet been mentioned.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    @Thunderfinger, stop with what you are doing, at once! Telling the truth won't get you anywhere.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Benny wrote: »
    318 million people, and this is the best you can come up with...really.

Looking forward to when this circus is over.

Trump__Clinton.jpg

Clinton is actually a strong, well-qualified candidate. But in our world, perception is reality, I suppose.
    Re the painting of fighter jets :

snopes.com/u-s-caught-repainting-fighter-jets-to-russian-colors/

Snopes says it's as false as the Shirley Eaton story.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If there's one thing outside the political spectrum that this mess has shaken up, it's that I know so many people who, because of their behavior during this election period, I'll never be able to look at in the same way again.

In a time when it was crucial for us to present our best, we favored giving in to our worst, like the candidates themselves.

There was a good item yesterday on Dutch news. About how this political divide even divides families. Just imagine when your dad is a die-hard Trump supporter and your mum prefers Paul Ryan.... This election, compared to previous elections truly breaks up friendships, relationships, and family ties. Even on here at times the discussions are beyond sharp.

You are correct, Gustav. Friends, please, let us remember the difference between refuting an argument and attacking the person who posted the argument.

Here's something I find curious: the Bond series is based in a cold war template, one that intrinsically distrusts Russia. I would think that most Bond fans would tend to share that mindset; otherwise, they'd have a hard time being Bond fans. And yet, some among us find it easier to mistrust the western powers, and describe our own governments as being warmongers, rather than letting anyone on this thread express any doubt as to the noble intentions of Vladimir Putin. Just one more curious aspect of this political campaign from the Bizarro world, I guess...

Oh, and Thunderfinger: re: your badly-painted jet? Looks like photoshop to me.

Other threads are not this thread. Please try not to blame us for the behavior of others. A few times here, you've given us the bare bones of a point (as with Turkey/US Army Toyota trucks/ISIS) that left me scratching my head. HUH? I'd be perfectly happy to engage the point if you'd give me a little more to go on, as it is I have no idea what you're talking about.

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs
    http://abcnews.com/International/us-officials-isis-toyota-trucks/story?id=34266539
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2016 Posts: 12,459
    This is a year of extremes, to put it mildly. Women should give up their right to vote?
    Trump backers newest idea for victory ...

The separate voting projection

Ok this made me laugh (although some people ...) ;)

Not too surprised. Zhirinovsky is an even crazier man than Putin. But still, the leader of the ultra-right-wing-fascist party LDPR saying this kind of stuff?? I'm actually.....rather speechless. But obviously......people have to ask themselves: Do you listen to this madman? Will you let a foreign power influence your democratic voting rights?
    And a bit of a look at good, neutral, evil ... ;)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    2ilir87.jpg
    “There’s real nihilism in the Trump campaign right now, just determined to do anything and say anything to make this the most disgusting final weeks in a presidential campaign ever,” said Steve Schmidt, who was a senior adviser to John McCain’s campaign in 2008. “Distrust of Clinton is pretty well baked into parts of the electorate right now. But 55 to 60 percent of the country is open to a Clinton presidency and wants to see the next president get to work with Congress to help the country.”

from this: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/wikileaks-hillary-clinton-emails.html?referer=&_r=0
    edited October 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Indeed, @MayDayDiVicenzo. A bit of a contrast. Like compared to anything ever before in U.S. politics.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 3,564

The day I take "suggestions" from a fascist (or a communist, or any sort of totalitarian) is the day they pry the guitar from my cold, dead fingers.

Thunderfinger: Thanks for the link to the ABC News report -- but all it proves is that ISIS has an eye for quality automobiles. I've been a dedicated Toyota driver for decades now. It doesn't mean I'm working for ISIS, or the US government, or any Australian, Turkish, or Russian interests.

MayDay: Thanks for the laugh. These days we need 'em more than ever!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My new favorite pastime lately has been jumping from news channel to news channel to watch Trump supporters and campaign aides and advisors scrambling to pretend like their candidate isn't a disgusting, artificial pig.

When Trump promised that his supporters and advisors wouldn't flee him even if he killed someone in broad daylight, he was right. These fools are sipping on some seriously potent Kool-Aid, and Rudy Giuliani and his pal Sean Hannity, along with the rest of his circle jerk Faux News panels are licking up puddles of the stuff.

On a list of assholes who can be assholes with impunity, Trump is threatening to take the number 1 spot. I'm sure his masturbatory ego would love the idea of it.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 3,564
    This is a year of extremes, to put it mildly. Women should give up their right to vote?
    Trump backers newest idea for victory ...

Well...of course. Just like an American-born judge of Mexican descent can't judge Trump fairly, women of ANY kind are just bound to be unfair to him. They've all got blood coming out of their wherever...
    In all sincerity, I am concerned that there will be some form of violence on voting day. I do hope for the best, but the climate is bad and in some areas escalating.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Thunderfinger: Thanks for the link to the ABC News report -- but all it proves is that ISIS has an eye for quality automobiles. I've been a dedicated Toyota driver for decades now. It doesn't mean I'm working for ISIS, or the US government, or any Australian, Turkish, or Russian interests.

How all those cars got there is of no interest? They were driving there through a protected corridor out of NATO country Turkey.
This discussion has been closed.