The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

This one comes from Dutch online comedy sketch channel http://www.luckytv.nl/time-of-my-life/ ;-):

The site is written, created, edited and produced by Sander van der Pavert (1976)
    illustration.large_.LUCKY_-955x375.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Russian style lies? What exactly are you referring to, Gus?

Are you really asking this? You should read my post again.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

I understood perfectly well what you were referring to re: Trump. What Putin lies are you referring to to make that comparison?

That was the question, sorry for being unclear.

I understood perfectly well what you were referring to re: Trump. What Putin lies are you referring to to make that comparison?

That was the question, sorry for being unclear.

Doesn't matter. Trump's style has dramatically changed over the course of 5 days. This 'pussygate-tape' brought the most authoritarian character traits of this weirdo to the surface. Hence why I compared him with other Russian-style liars like Putin. No wait, worse....Zhirinovsky. That's what Trump reminded me of. Zhirinovsky.

Don't want to debate with you about what kind of lies, although flight MH17 is certainly something. My post was about making a pivotal and valid comparison between Trump and other authoritarian leaders. This man needs to be defeated. And I hope Trump's entire business empire gets severely destroyed after the elections.
    Of course, MH 17!

Madman dictator Putin felt like shooting down a plane one day, maybe along with his devil buddy Assad. They re just like Trump, so no surprise there.

Thanks @4EverBonded ;-). Not too much has changed between Hieronymus Bosch' "Basket Of Deplorables" and today's....ehhhh......:
    CsB0u3nXEAAKqXW.jpg
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Of course, MH 17!

Madman dictator Putin felt like shooting down a plane one day, maybe along with his devil buddy Assad. They re just like Trump, so no surprise there.

I don't wish to discuss with you ok? Try to drag whatever argument you want to drag out of me. Try to derail arguments by focusing on certain words. My point is clear. Basta.
    I too like Bosch. Let s agree on that, and forget about your stupid propaganda parroting.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I too like Bosch. Let s agree on that, and forget about your stupid propaganda parroting.
    Just because it's propaganda doesn't mean it's not true.
    Just sayin'.
    To follow-up on my previous post on page 136, these people just started a chat about exactly the same thing. An historical thing happening. A party being torn apart:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-this-what-it-looks-like-when-a-party-falls-apart/
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Where do you have all this from?

CNN.

@Thunderfinger

I find your curious urge to defend Assad and the Russians in the Syrian conflict quite interesting. I really wonder what it stems from. No matter what you think of the rebels, the Syrian government and the Russians have commited serious war crimes in the area. Although they are not the only party to blame in the conflict, their actions are not really defendable under any circumstances.

You asked what my sources were. They are easily found on the internet if you want to read up on the Syrian civil war...
    edited October 2016 Posts: 12,459
    So Alex Jones is paying people $5,000 or something to keep this up: https://70news.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/bill-clinton-is-a-rapist-sign-is-spreading-thanks-to-infowars-5000-reward-challenge/

I hope we never see anything even remotely close to this political cycle again the U.S. So much of what we are seeing and hearing is truly scum level and disgusting. And before you jump on me and say "Oh the politicians have it coming, they are the ones who are scum and disgusting" - I mean whatever needs to be talked about can be talked about ... but NOT in such a no holds barred, vile and obscene language, disgusting way. Not just the above actions, I mean the whole cycle of what we have had put out in public this year. The rhetoric and lies are astounding. The bigotry and other disgusting things said are like a tsunami of crap and are an embarrassment to my country. I simply hope this (level of scum and lies being put forth and spread like wildfire) does not happen again in a presidential election; that's all I'm saying specifically on this. But I am for a free press. I just think this is beyond acceptable, the way things have gone this year.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is what you get when we live in a world where candidates for an elected office are allowed to have a Twitter account, where technology has eroded people's awareness of reality and given them attention deficit disfunction to the point that they don't care to look at facts or engage in critical thinking, as that's just too much work.

Imagine Jack Kennedy typing this on to the web after his live debate in the 60s:

American people, heed my call. Youth doesn't have to mean inexperience. A vote for me is a vote for new blood, and a new direction for this great country of ours. @RichardNixon is as delusional in policy as he is wrinkled in the face. #DickDontKnowJack #NixNixon #TrickyDick

Ridiculous.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Oh my ... good example, Brady. Sigh ...

Yes, I try to smile when I can, @chrisisall. Did you catching the singing video I posted a little while ago? That definitely made me laugh. ;) OK, here's that link again:
    Yes, I try to smile when I can, @chrisisall. Did you catching the singing video I posted a little while ago? That definitely made me laugh. ;) OK, here's that link again:
    Oh my, there were tears...
    :)) =)) :P
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The kid's got the right idea:
    It's called brainwashing a kid :-). Poor kid.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Trump's child army continues to build with their newest member. Word has it from CNN that the boy, now called "Trump Jr." or "Little Trump" amongst the army, has taken on a leadership position amongst the ranks of pre-pre teens, if only because he looks like their master and demigod, Donald J. Trump.

Past members of the Trump child army (now defected to the Hillary camp where they continue to sing shitty songs):

The Trump child army are a vicious group, make no mistake. Their main weapons being garrote wire fashioned out of silly string, incendiary and napalm grenades filled with melted crayons, and high performance battle armor made from any and all cushions they could pilfer from their grade school cubby holes. If spotted, you are to put them in a time-out on first sight. They are easy to recognize, as all child army members are below eight years of age and walk around like zombies, mumbling, "Make America great again, make America great again, make America great again," and they all wear 'Crooked Hillary' pins and matching hats.

Trump is currently training all of them in advanced grammar beyond their grade level so that all his child army members will have words, the very best words, at their disposal, just like their aforementioned master and demigod, The Donald.
  • Want to know how the election's really going to go? Here's the source of all future awareness:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-fortune-telling-machine_us_57fd31f1e4b07d0498acfb66?section=&;
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I'm going to stick this link in this thread, though I think it's very relevant to Bond storylines and the possible role that Spectre plays in int'l terrorism.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/unaoil-bribery-scandal-corruption_us_56fa2b06e4b014d3fe2408b9?ir=UK
    Let's play a fun game of Double Standards: 2016 Election Edition!

[It's a game where we take things Trump has done and said and pretend Hillary did and said them, after which we will predict what Trump's supporters would say to condemn Hillary for doing and saying what their actual candidate really said and did. Ready? Let's go!]

[drumroll and intro music]

Double Standard Scenario #1:

Hillary Clinton is exposed bragging about sexual assault in a leaked video that is broadcast on every major news channel days before the second debate. The video is twenty years old, secretly recorded during a private meeting between Clinton and the wives of some of Bill's staff and cabinet members in a White House lounge. In a fun and light girl's moment, Hillary is heard saying quite clearly:

"You know, Bill isn't aware of any of this, but when I see some of these men that walk into the White House to meet with him...Mmm, I could just rip their suits off, I'm so hungry for them. And I could, too. I can push them against the wall and grab them by the penis, and I can do it because I'm the first lady, I'm Mrs. Clinton. When you're in my position, you can get away with anything."

Giggling from the other wives is heard after Hillary finishes her statement.

Now, let's guess what the response of Trump supporters (who have no problem when their candidate behaves like this) would be to Hillary if she did this:

"My god, Crooked Hillary strikes again. Not that I'm surprised, she's always struck me as a whore man hater. Talking about touching a man in his privates without asking, I mean, my lord. Who does she think she is, a politician or a hooker? That's not how a lady talks, and I can't believe that someone who says they represent women would act like such a slut! I've got a daughter, you know. What message is she supposed to take from Hillary? That sexual assault is okay if you're rich and famous enough to get away with it? Disgusting."

Double Standard Scenario #2:

In a strategic moment before the second debate, Hillary rounds up four women who claim to have been raped by Donald Trump in the past and has a press conference where they speak out against Trump, after which the Clinton campaign engineers it so that the women are seated as close to Trump and his family as possible during the debate so that Trump will be forced to confront his past victims at some point during the proceedings. During the debate, Clinton makes it known many times that the women are in the audience, openly calling Trump a rapist.

Let's guess the response of the Trump supporters to this action taken by Hillary (a group who had no problem with Trump staging a scene and parading those women around only to serve his own campaign):

"I knew Hillary was crooked, but I never expected her to be a pimp too. She stages a big scene with these women before the debate, then makes sure they're seated near Trump to take him off his game? Of course she would, she can never play fair. Her getting off with the FBI taught us that. You know, she says she stands for women, but nobody that loves women would exploit rape victims like she did for her own political career. Those women probably lied about what Trump did anyway. They're all paid off by the liberal nazis and Republican establishment that don't want Donald to disrupt the tyranny they have over the American people!"

Double Standard Scenario #3:

During the second debate, in a heated moment, Hillary looks Trump in the eyes and promises that, if she wins the election to the presidency, she will appoint a special prosecutor to look into Trump's shady business practices and tax record in an effort to eventually make a strong enough case to jail him.

Let's guess how Trump's supporters would respond to Hillary promising to jail Trump after she gets elected (an action Trump supporters adored their candidate for proclaiming, despite its unconstitutional and downright third-world tyrannical nature):

"Did you hear Crooked Hillary at that debate? She said if she becomes president, she'll make it so that Trump is investigated and locked up for his business record and tax history. She has the nerve to call Trump out for some bad deals in the past and his refusal to pay tax. What? Is she jealous she's not as rich and successful as he is? Last time I checked, Hillary didn't own a gagillion golf courses, she isn't a reality icon, and she sure as shit don't have her name on big buildings around the world. But when you're dealing with Crooked Hillary, you can't be surprised when someone like her says she wants to piss on the constitution and jail her opponent. It seems like Benghazi and those e-mails were only the beginning of how low she was willing to sink to win this election."

Tune in this time next week for more examples of how Donald Trump's supporters are willing to forgive and approve of downright nasty behavior from their candidate, but wouldn't be able to stand for it if it came from anybody else!

[outro music]
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That would make a killer game show.
This discussion has been closed.