'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

1153154155156157159»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Spoilers for season 2, another character is shown in photo.
    Dr Who star Ncuti Gatwa films scenes with new companion Varada Sethu after Millie Gibson axe
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dr-who-star-ncuti-gatwa-32146921
    And here's the cover for the Blu-Ray edition of The Celestial Toymaker :

818wAWQLkpL._SL1500_.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »

818wAWQLkpL._SL1500_.jpg

I am not keen on the animation used this time around, but it is better than something like telesnaps.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    SEASON 1 PREMIERE DATE TEASER | Doctor Who
  • edited March 15 Posts: 5,808
    Well, given that no telesnaps exist of this arc, it would have been hard to use any, don't you think ?

Now, good news : Series 1 starts on BBC One (and Disney +) on May 11th, with two episodes that will air before the Eurovision Song Contest finale :

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/doctor-who-season-14-release-date-confirmed-newsupdate/

• edited March 22 Posts: 5,808
    And a more complete trailer here, with a nice tribute to Ray Bradbury.

I hope the writing is good.
    It had to happen, sooner or later. I'm simply amazed it took this long :

https://dalek.hachettepartworks.com/

Yes, if you have the time and the money, yoèu can build your own, 1/2 scale Dalek.

I think I'll pass, thanks.
    It had to happen, sooner or later. I'm simply amazed it took this long :

https://dalek.hachettepartworks.com/

Yes, if you have the time and the money, yoèu can build your own, 1/2 scale Dalek.

I think I'll pass, thanks.

My 5 year old self would think it was cool 😂
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 25 Posts: 13,894
    Massively overpriced in the long run, with parts that wont fit together properly? No, i'm good, thanks.

And happy 40th anniversary to the 6th Doctor. The Twin Dilemma part one went out on 22nd March.
    edited March 31 Posts: 23,347
    SEASON 1 TRAILER #2 | Doctor Who

I am not sure how long I will last with this.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    edited March 31 Posts: 534
    I can't wait. Who is back, it looks fun and campy and emotionally devastating.
    The titles and creative teams of the episodes have been revealed :

Space Babies: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie Anne Robinson

The Devil’s Chord: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Ben Chessell

Boom: Written by Steven Moffat, directed by Julie Anne Robinson

73 Yards: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes Williams

Dot and Bubble: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes Williams

Rogue: Written by Kate Herron and Briony Redman, directed by Ben Chessell

The Legend of Ruby Sunday: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie Donoughue

Empire of Death: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie Donoughue
    I'm just not feeling it, to be honest. I have a complete lack of enthusiasm for the new series.
    I'm just not feeling it, to be honest. I have a complete lack of enthusiasm for the new series.

Doctor Who in name only.

Doctor Who in name only.

Yeah.... I don't know. I just can't muster any enthusiasm. I don't think this new era is going to be for me.

Doctor Who in name only.

Yeah.... I don't know. I just can't muster any enthusiasm. I don't think this new era is going to be for me.

I noticed on IMDb there are now 3 separate Doctor who series listed, the Disney era from what I have heard is more fantasy than science fiction, there is a definite change in direction.

Doctor Who in name only.

I noticed on IMDb there are now 3 separate Doctor who series listed, the Disney era from what I have heard is more fantasy than science fiction, there is a definite change in direction.

I can't criticise the change of direction/genre, as it has already been done in the past. The Hinchcliffe period of the Baker era leant heavily into horror. But watching the trailer, nothing wowed me.

Could they be spinoffs?

818wAWQLkpL._SL1500_.jpg

And here's the SteelBook :

steel-in-out.jpg

steel-inside.jpg

Out on June 10th, according to Amazon.