'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2023 Posts: 23,407
    The Cybermen: Then and Now | Doctor Who

The Mondasion Cybermen are may favorite, i loved it when Moffat brought them back during the Capaldi era, so bloody creepy.

The battered Cyberman in The Pandorica Opens was awesome, one of my all time favorite DW scenes.

---

i may give The Flux another watch, at least 2 episodes were not bad plus its a short season, then i will watch Jodie's finale again before the new specials air.
    And a nice little trailer :

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2023 Posts: 5,869
    Russell T Davies will be in the next series of ‘imagine’:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2023/imagine-returns

"imagine…Russell T Davies: The Doctor and Me (w/t) follows one of Britain’s most celebrated TV writers as he prepares to once again return as showrunner of Doctor Who. Back in 2005 Davies was responsible for relaunching the action-adventure series after many years away from TV screens, few could have imagined the phenomenon it became. And now, in the programme’s 60th anniversary year, he’s back - with two Doctors and bigger ambitions.

imagine… goes behind the scenes at Cardiff’s Bad Wolf Studios to see the adventures of the time-travelling hero being filmed, touring the enormous sound stages and meeting Ncuti Gatwa, the Fifteenth Doctor, ahead of his eagerly anticipated tenure as the Time Lord, after the unexpected regeneration of David Tennant.

Doctor Who is just one of Russell T Davies’ many TV successes, and imagine… traces the evolution of his writing, from his beginnings at Granada, writing soaps such as Coronation Street, to finding his voice as a queer writer on Channel 4’s landmark gay series Queer As Folk and to more recent successes, including 2021’s critically acclaimed AIDS drama, It’s A Sin. The film will also feature interviews with David Tennant, Helena Bonham Carter, Olly Alexander, Sally Wainwright and Caitlin Moran.
    "
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    As well as being a contestant on The Wheel! :D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    This is fun: new scenes with old Doctors and companions coming to iPlayer on Wednesday:

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-features/welcome-to-the-whoniverse-and-tales-of-the-tardis
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    mtm wrote: »
    This is fun: new scenes with old Doctors and companions coming to iPlayer on Wednesday:

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-features/welcome-to-the-whoniverse-and-tales-of-the-tardis

A Doctor Who YouTube channel had a look at The Tales of the Tardis, really looking forward to these specials.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They've gone full MCU :D

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    https://cultbox.co.uk/news/the-last-day-big-finish-to-tell-the-seventh-doctors-final-story#:~:text=Doctor Who – The Seventh Doctor Adventures: The Last Day&text=Across two boxsets, The Last,new danger for the universe.

I have fallen behind on Big Finish, I don't even remember what the last one I bought was. But I will have to make an effort to pick a copy of this one up.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

"You got old."

I swear i'm not crying. :((
    Apparently Ncuti's first season will be regarded as Season 1?

"You got old."

I swear i'm not crying. :((

I will look on BBC Iplayer shortly to see what has dropped.

That's going to be confusing series it referred to as series/season 1. 1963, 2005 or 2024?

That's going to be confusing series it referred to as series/season 1. 1963, 2005 or 2024?

Its probably got something to do with Disney+, that's what WhoCulture are speculating.
    edited November 2023 Posts: 23,407
    Watching Tales of the Tardis Earthshock, so much nostalgia.

Edited: these specials just appear to be a short intro of sorts to different episodes, I thought it might just be them sat reminiscing.

Checking to see which Classic Who episodes are there The Daleks Master Plan is thankfully. I wish it was this time next week as I have 9 days off then I really want to work through some of these classic episodes.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2023 Posts: 14,990
    Did you see the Talking Doctor Who documentary on BBC Four tonight? Good fun.
    Watching Tales of the Tardis Earthshock, so much nostalgia.

Edited: these specials just appear to be a short intro of sorts to different episodes, I thought it might just be them sat reminiscing.

Yes, that's right. Apparently the Curse of Fenric one is the Blu Ray version with updated effects.
    398372768_6724709037624028_8967723588553876638_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=jnNBvv-iJ5cAX_ccdvO&_nc_ht=scontent.ffab1-1.fna&oh=00_AfAoxeLVyCmgB7crMzgv9uCJB_oEikCHqsX4HZkbTzIdQg&oe=65495DEF
    Not had chance to watch The Talking Doctor yet, Sunday when off work I will binge the new content.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Luckily there’s more coming, with both a Tennant-starring Children in Need skit and a new, colourised 75-min version of 1963’s The Daleks announced today.
    3 weeks and counting.
    Two things : First, there will be novelizations (Target style) of the three 60th anniversary specials. Here are the covers :

3-all-target.jpg

Second, the title (and airdate) pof the Christmas episode have been revealed : The episode will air (and stream) on Christmas Day (december 25th, 2023) and will be called (drumroll please) :

The Church on Ruby Road

https://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/2023/11/06/confirmed-doctor-who-returns-to-christmas-day-with-2023-festive-special-the-church-on-ruby-road/
    400455796_10229795681616826_2263345056439070529_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=-8HqsBgqVrkAX_SiC_V&_nc_ht=scontent.fbhx4-1.fna&oh=00_AfDdZPPj4kn8oMXChL1pR9JOGYZ5OSEaAplgtnymsFrz9Q&oe=655218B6

I. Want. That. Poster.
    edited November 2023 Posts: 23,407
    EXCLUSIVE: Paul McGann set to make comeback as the Eighth Doctor in new Doctor Who spin-off series
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/paul-mcgann-set-make-comeback-31395291
    <:-P I hope it's true.

Don't forget to donate !

PudseyBear_Waving.png
    I have issues with the CIN minisode, it had elements I would rather see in a serious canon episode.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I thought it was terrific fun, and surprisingly well-made too.
    I know it was for CIN, but I didn't find it the least bit funny, it came off as desperate.
    After Tenants return and ambiguity of that return in Power of the Doctor this was not the best way to lead on from that, I would rather have just seen Tenant show up for CIN and chat to a bunch of kids or something.,

The scene felt half way between a legit minisode and a parody.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nah that's fine. It's much the same reason that lots of people have been saying that Bond villains should stop being scarred.
    I wrote a long rant though to be honest at the end of it I thought do i really care anymore.