Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

fifth listen and it's just so .....

fan made.

It sounds like someone trying to sound like John Barry and Shirley Bassey it has no originality to it. I just can't get passed it sorry.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    TonyEbik wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

:)

LOL very good effort, loved that!

Wery well done!

;)
    Risico007 wrote:
    fifth listen and it's just so .....

fan made.

It sounds like someone trying to sound like John Barry and Shirley Bassey it has no originality to it. I just can't get passed it sorry.

I don't think it was meant to be original, with it being 50th Anniversary, the song makes homage to bond and everything about it....just my thought.

• doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Only gone a few hours, and already a preview is online. I'm guessing it sounds excellent?
    here's my soundcloud search
    I really want to listen to this, but I think I'm going to force myself to wait until the film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I really want to listen to this, but I think I'm going to force myself to wait until the film.
    We have to stick together in our oaths. Just think: Would John Creasy give in? I don't think so!
    \m/
    Creasy47 wrote:
    We have to stick together in our oaths. Just think: Would John Creasy give in? I don't think so!
    \m/

That he wouldn't! And with that, I'll be sure to tease myself with this. It's going to be even more great because 98% of the reactions I have read talk about how perfect and Bondian the theme song is. I need to leave myself with a surprise of some sort with this film.

• For those who think it's not powerful enough, I suspect this 1:30 snippet is from early in the song; it'll be much stronger at the end, as in classic Bond themes. (That's where Tom Jones passed out, and Shirley Bassey before him almost did.) Not to mention this is relatively low quality (the one I downloaded is 128 kbps MP3); the full track will sound MUCH better. I preordered it from iTunes even before the leak; as a fan of both Adele and Bond themes in general, I'm sticking to it. ;)
  • I'm really hoping for a music video, but not sure if there is going to be one. If this song was recorded not that long ago, Adele is now almost ready to give birth. If it was recorded let's say even 2 months ago, you'd see a heavily pregnant Adele in the music video. Unless they only recorded her face like they did her Cold Shoulder video from her '19' album. She tends to not move at all in her videos though.

I'm really hoping for one, I can imagine how epic, sexy, and elegant it would look between her singing and bond clips in between.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Since music videos were invented there's always been one for each Bond theme, of course they'll be one. For all we now the song was laid to rest months and months ago.

What do you think of the snippet of the song @adelefan?
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I'm confident there will be a music video to accompany the mp3 version released on October 5th... I've already preordered the song at iTunes!!!!
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    has to be a video, it's the obvious marketing tool. Pre-ordered it too. iTunes balance now @ .70 I think
  • @ samuel001 I love it! It surprised me. The best I've heard of Adele so far. I was worried it wasn't going to be sophisticated enough. But it's very sensual, elegant, moody, and at the same time feels playful and mysterious. I had in mind something like "Set Fire To The Rain", but I kept thinking that "Set Fire To The Rain" actually sounds very campy and was hoping it wasn't going to be too much of that. I really like this ballad, it sounds very Bondish lmao I put the snippet on my phone and I kept listening to it on my way home in the car and it's great to listen to in the car.

This song is every bit as good as I hoped. Best Bond song in decades. no doubt, it will build up into a spectacular climax, in the same way a James Bond movie does. Love that it actually contains the James Bond theme and invokes the John Barry and Shirley Bassey sounds of the past. It tells the listener, the classic Bond is back. A great move by the producers to ask Adele to provide the theme song. Number one in 30 countries? The most played song on the planet for the rest of the year? We will see.
  • There's one small problem with the countdown clock on Adele's website: It counts down to 0:07 (7 minutes after midnight) Friday in your time zone. Thus, at present it's only accurate in the UK and other places where local time is UTC+1 (BST, WEST, etc.) It needs to be recalibrated to 2307 UTC Thursday, so that each computer will display it correctly after applying its own UTC adjustment.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Another one. Big improvement.

Nevermind.

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Another one. Big improvement.

Already blocked for copyright.
    Volante wrote:

Already blocked for copyright.

Hahahahaha damn. It works for me.

That was fast.
    Here's my attempt at a trailer.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 2,598
    "But it's very sensual, elegant, moody, and at the same time feels playful and mysterious. I had in mind something like "Set Fire To The Rain", but I kept thinking that "Set Fire To The Rain" actually sounds very campy and was hoping it wasn't going to be too much of that. I really like this ballad, it sounds very Bondish lmao I put the snippet on my phone and I kept listening to it on my way home in the car and it's great to listen to in the car."

I agree, it sounds sensual, elegant, mysterious and moody. I wouldn't say playful, atleast not yet. This is only a short sample so I can't really judge yet but at the moment it seems to lack something for me. It has a nice tune but that's because it's the 007 theme. Currently I would describe it as average but that's as far as I'll go at this stage. To me, it sounds a little plain but I've said that about other songs too until I've listened to them a few times and then they've grown on me. Hopefully when I've heard the whole song I'll describe it as atleast good.

I've only heard some of Adele's hit songs but I love 'Set Fire To The Rain'. :)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Here's my attempt at a trailer.

They got you on copyright as well, my friend.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,598
    Hey chaps! Stop pi***ng off Eon and Sony! :)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 612
    Trailer uploaded here.

Bounine wrote:
    Hey chaps! Stop pi***ng off Eon and Sony! :)

No.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I cannot stop humming the song.... Tell me i'm not the only one doing that...
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    I know its just a sample and bad quality and whatnot but this is a bit more cliche than I had originally hoped for. I just don't hear nothing special. I wanted to be instantly grabbed by the nuts as with AVTAK or LALD but sadly I won't this time around.

But hey! I used to think You Know My Name was shit when I first listened to it and then when i saw the movie and the TS it just blew me away, so hopefully this phenomenon will repeat itself.
  • imranbecks wrote:
    I cannot stop humming the song.... Tell me i'm not the only one doing that...
    I've been humming it all day lol