Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

I love it already, its very Bondish...I can almost see the girls with guns falling from the sky as she belts it out...
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    MartinBond wrote:
    And this is only the beginning!

"The lyrics after the piano solo are: This is the end, Hold your breath and count to ten, Feel the Earth move and then, Hear my heart burst, again.”
    I think the lyrics so far are well coordinated with the end of the PTS, Bond shot, drowning.
    I love it!!!
    This is the first slow-tempo Bond ballad ever since.....'All Time High' I think. Having said that, I am pretty certain Daniel Kleinman's main titles will be much more simple, featuring lots of girls who move slowly, doing some gymnastics on the barrel of a gun. Like the main titles from FYEO and TSWLM.

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    Anyone got a spare "F5" key and/or a left mouse button for a laptop?

:D
    Sandy wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:
    And this is only the beginning!

"The lyrics after the piano solo are: This is the end, Hold your breath and count to ten, Feel the Earth move and then, Hear my heart burst, again.”
    I think the lyrics so far are well coordinated with the end of the PTS, Bond shot, drowning.
    "we'll face it all, together at skyfall"
    Bond and M.

"Skyfall is where we start,"
    His ancestral home.

The lyrics, the first in a really long time, actually are about the storyline. EON and Adele, I bow to you.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Sounds awesome... If the rest of the song and Newmand score are as good as this, we will be in for a memorable and brilliant Bond movie for the 50th anniversary!
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    I am starting to believe Skyfall is really the ultimate gift to us fans. With this song, the cinematography, the cast, there is almost nothing that can possibly go wrong...
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Do not forget to mention the director ...
    MartinBond wrote:
    I am starting to believe Skyfall is really the ultimate gift to us fans. With this song, the cinematography, the cast, there is almost nothing that can possibly go wrong...

don't jinx it!
  • MartinBond wrote:

It's comments like this and ones that say "it'll be the best Bond film ever!" that could make SF a let down. Why don't we wait and see the film before we say it's the ultimate gift to us fans?
    exactly. don't hype it too much and then it is less likely to be a disappoimtment.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Getafix wrote:
    exactly. don't hype it too much and then it is less likely to be a disappoimtment.

Yep. But if people want to keep banging on about the Oscars it'll win that's fine. I'm just ignoring comments like that and waiting for the film, so I don't set myself up for disappointment.
    What does PTS stand for?!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    pre title sequence
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,329
    ZHalfter wrote:
    What does PTS stand for?!

Pre title sequence , before the theme tune at the start of the film basically

Edit: apologies for answering just after @doubleoego
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Wow, this song is really good and Bondian. I hope the rest of the song keeps the same quality. And that this song will go in on various musiclists around the world!
    Of course too much hype possibly will lead to a ltedown for some people, same thing as with TDKR, which was suppoded to top TDK, and did not fulill the over-hyped expectations, altough it is very good film and a worthy conclusion to Nolan's Dark Knight saga...
    Of course too much hype possibly will lead to a ltedown for some people, same thing as with TDKR, which was suppoded to top TDK, and did not fulill the over-hyped expectations, altough it is very good film and a worthy conclusion to Nolan's Dark Knight saga...

This is off-topic but i think TDKR is a much better film than The Dark Knigth...

No matter how great Skyfall is, there will be people who will dislike it.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I also prefer TDKR to TDK, but it's a good example, the hype was huge and even though it was great, it didn't live up to the huge hype it created and that made it a let down for some people. Prometheus is another example, it was a good film but because of the hype, some people were slamming it.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I really like it!

http://adele-theoneandonly.tumblr.com/post/32673967616
    On her tumblr too, in case it hasn't been linked already.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    One can't judge an entire song on just a one-and-a-half minute snippet, when one hasn't heard the rest, but must say I wasn't blown away by that snippet and yet rather liked it too. As a whole, I can certainly imagine it being a decent effort - certainly sounds like it'll be far from the worst (ahem, Madonna/ Jack White?).

Roll on 12.07 am on Friday then... :)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 183
    OwenDavian wrote:
    It does sound like a combo of All Time High, Nobody Does it Better, and DAF.

And so much for the guy who apparently heard the song in HMV and claimed it was comparable to 'The Living Daylights'....

• So I went to pre-order it on iTunes, but it isn't on the US store yet. >:P
    Friday 1:07 it is for me, I'm afraid I won't be so active at college that day ;)

taking a friend to see The Spy Who Loved Me at the cinema afterwards, and then listening to Skyfall on our way back. Good times...
  • Why is everyone blaming Jack White for the QOS theme? I think he's much more talented then Alicia Keys, and that she was one of the problems. The duet just didn't work.

I think if White had been given more time on the song (since he was a last minute replacement), and if he'd done it solo, we could've had a great Bond theme.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    MartinBond wrote:
    taking a friend to see The Spy Who Loved Me at the cinema afterwards, and then listening to Skyfall on our way back. Good times...

I was lucky enough a few years back to catch a re-showing of Spy at the Empire Leicester Square (huge screen) - best way to see it. You and your friend are in for a treat...! :)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Only parts that sound a bit <i>hmm</i> are the highest notes in the chorus, at 00:57 for instance. Might be just me :)
  • In UK, BMT, is it released at 7 minues past midnight. It seems a bit strange, as i thought they would announce it the radio in the afternoon. ????? why release it when most people wont be up.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,400