Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• gt007gt007 Station G
    In UK, BMT, is it released at 7 minues past midnight. It seems a bit strange, as i thought they would announce it the radio in the afternoon. ????? why release it when most people wont be up.
    Because it's 0:07. They don't care if kids are asleep. And they're right.

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,400
    So I went to pre-order it on iTunes, but it isn't on the US store yet. >:P

sure is I went here: http://home.adele.tv/and clicked on that link, took me to US iTunes store.
  • This totally sucks. I was at work and couldn't listen, now it's gone. Can anyone please send me a download copy?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    =bg= wrote:
    sure is I went here: http://home.adele.tv/and clicked on that link, took me to US iTunes store.

They must have JUST added it because I could not find it a half hour ago. Thanks bg. :-bd
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,762
    Well that's just great. A cruddy artist like Adele having a part in my favorite movie franchise. Uggghhhhhh.......where have we gone wrong? Can't believe it's finally confirmed. What a disappointment, and waste of talent and potential.
    Wait to hear the tune first before being so quick to judge! ;-)
    JBFan626 wrote:

But it is Adele! That fact alone already says it all! She's just incredibly annoying, I mean good grief, her voice is so grating!
    00Beast wrote:
    JBFan626 wrote:

But it is Adele! That fact alone already says it all! She's just incredibly annoying, I mean good grief, her voice is so grating!

No matter who writes/sings the song, there will be haters...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    00Beast wrote:
    JBFan626 wrote:

Yes, because the likes of lulu and Madona were musical revelations. Adele is a massive benefit to this film and whether people like her or not, the girl is an extremely talented singer.

As for AWTD, Jack White is to blame for that pitiful mess because he wrote and produced it. Alicia Keys was the song's saving grace if there ever was one.

00Beast wrote:
    JBFan626 wrote:

Truthfully so, yes. I would much rather prefer if they had used an older artist/group instead of appealing to the current audience by using a "modern-day" singer. Very weak move if you ask me.

• It's at 101 on the iTunes top chart, rapidly taking a place on the charts.

Should see it reach number 1 by the end of Friday.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    This totally sucks. I was at work and couldn't listen, now it's gone. Can anyone please send me a download copy?

• RC7RC7
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    JBFan626 wrote:

Truthfully so, yes. I would much rather prefer if they had used an older artist/group instead of appealing to the current audience by using a "modern-day" singer. Very weak move if you ask me.

She's got an outstanding voice. Period.
    MartinBond wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:
    And this is only the beginning!

"The lyrics after the piano solo are: This is the end, Hold your breath and count to ten, Feel the Earth move and then, Hear my heart burst, again.”

I think the lyrics so far are well coordinated with the end of the PTS, Bond shot, drowning.
    "we'll face it all, together at skyfall"
    Bond and M.

"Skyfall is where we start,"
    His ancestral home.

The lyrics, the first in a really long time, actually are about the storyline. EON and Adele, I bow to you.

This is what she said: After reading the script for the film, Adele enlisted Paul Epworth to co-write and produce the theme song to “Skyfall.” Adele admits, “I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for SKYFALL. There’s a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song. But I fell in love with the script and Paul had some great ideas for the track and it ended up being a bit of a no-brainer to do it in the end. It was also a lot of fun writing to a brief, something I’ve never done which made it exciting. When we recorded the strings, it was one of the proudest moments of my life. I’ll be back combing my hair when I’m 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day, I’m sure!” Recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London, “Skyfall” features the lush accompaniment of a 77-piece orchestra.

so pretty much right
    Did anyone ever hear The Artic monkeys do DAF? That was a good version, but if you are going to make a 50th anniversary special, its gotta be only one person who can blow you away, Adele
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited October 2012 Posts: 9,117
    doubleoego wrote:
    Alicia Keys was the song's saving grace if there ever was one.

I'm sorry?
    The bits with Jack White were sort of tolerable - it was Keys aimless screeching that turned this from mediocrity into a total shambles.
    00Beast wrote:
    Well that's just great. A cruddy artist like Adele having a part in my favorite movie franchise. Uggghhhhhh.......where have we gone wrong? Can't believe it's finally confirmed. What a disappointment, and waste of talent and potential.

Presumably youre of the camp that thinks Michael Buble shouldve been handed the gig?

:)
    Goosebumps time. Really loving the snippet. Cannot wait for the ful thing! I fear I will be listening to this snippet for the next few days.

One minor issue though: does she say "Skyfall" a little too often?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

LOL very good effort, loved that!

gt007 wrote:
    In UK, BMT, is it released at 7 minues past midnight. It seems a bit strange, as i thought they would announce it the radio in the afternoon. ????? why release it when most people wont be up.
    Because it's 0:07. They don't care if kids are asleep. And they're right.

Yep, funny I started a thread http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3303/007-16th-july-twitter-worldwide-trend...#Item_7 trying to see if we can get #007 trending at 00.07
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 418
    I've been waiting and hoping for Adele to do a Bond song for a long time. Her voice is tailor made for it. Its been a while since we had a big powerfull Bond ballad, i'm happy:-)
  • MrBond wrote:
    This totally sucks. I was at work and couldn't listen, now it's gone. Can anyone please send me a download copy?

Thank you Mr. B, I owe you a pint and a big thank you.

I listened twice and I must say it didn't floor me. It was certainly better than what we got in 2002 and 2008 though. I think I'll wait to hear the full track and see if it grows on me, just too many mixed feelings right now. Some nice Bond overtones but the orchestration was not as lush as I'd hoped. Maybe I'm too old school, but when Adele hits that higher note in the chorus, it's not with the power of DSB and just sounds weak. Overall though, good job by Adele but not really sure this song fully fits what I've heard her capable of doing.

• doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Explains why Michael Wilson didn't deny it earlier this evening.
    not long to 00.07 #007 tweet it ;)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Great job mate, i love how her voice kicks in in the middle of the video! Brilliant!

@SirHenry My Pleasure mate!
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Well, preordered. Lets just see.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Preordered here too.
    Meh it's exactly as i expected it meh not bad not great.

Oh well Rush for Bond 24
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Meh it's exactly as i expected it meh not bad not great.

Oh well Rush for Bond 24

YES! =D>
    I like it a lot. I was lucky enough to catch the 1:30sec preview on soundcloud. I really like the way the song changes from a diminished key to a major. Also, the Bond theme faintly in the back is very slick.