Pierce Brosnan to star with Jackie Chan in new IRA-based thriller

2»

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 5,185
    But then they go and cast Jackie Chan? WTF? Its pathetic that the studios are so desperate for the Chinese box office that they now consider that first over who might be right for the part.
    What's wrong with Jackie Chan being cast? He's very good in serious roles.

Absolutely. Has anyone seen the new Karate Kid movie? Outstanding perfomance.
    He said over and over that he wants to have more serious acting Jobs now that he's older. And He can't do extensive Stunt work much longer, due to basically having broken every bone in his body at least once...
    I trust in Campell that he will deliver an outstanding Thriller, no matter who acts in it
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited July 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Just never seen him as a serious actor. More a stuntman/martial artist done good.

To be fair though I havent seen one of his films since he went over to Hollywood as they all look utter dreck. I'll stick with Police Story and Armour of God thanks.

Hope he pulls it off and this is a good film as Jackie has always come across as very likeable and above all he could walk the walk which few action stars can claim they ever did. Dan 'doing his own stunts' is nothing compared to Jackie at his peak.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    00Agent wrote: »
    But then they go and cast Jackie Chan? WTF? Its pathetic that the studios are so desperate for the Chinese box office that they now consider that first over who might be right for the part.
    What's wrong with Jackie Chan being cast? He's very good in serious roles.

Absolutely. Has anyone seen the new Karate Kid movie? Outstanding perfomance.
    He said over and over that he wants to have more serious acting Jobs now that he's older. And He can't do extensive Stunt work much longer, due to basically having broken every bone in his body at least once...
    I trust in Campell that he will deliver an outstanding Thriller, no matter who acts in it

Don't forget the fact that the man is 62 years old, so he obviously won't be jumping onto a train from a moving helicopter or sliding down skyscrapers anytime soon.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Shanghai Noon is about my favourite Chan movie all around. That & Who Am I?
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    You know, I've always wondered if Campbell might be making this film to prove he's still 'got it', when it comes to directing an action film. Almost as if he's using it to get back on the producers' radar for another Bond film, although probably not for Bond 25 if Craig returns.

It would be pretty awesome, as a Bond tradition, that Campbell would film 3 consecutive Bond actors in a row for their debut. This way, us fans would be able to see how great/bad a new Bond actor is because the directing remains consistent (assuming Campbell doesn't mess it up) and that means that if the new actor appears to be terrible, then we can blame him and not the direction for once.

Personally I'd love to see him return because his JB résumé is remarkable. (GE and CR are absolute classics.)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2017 Posts: 8,122
    You know, I've always wondered if Campbell might be making this film to prove he's still 'got it', when it comes to directing an action film. Almost as if he's using it to get back on the producers' radar for another Bond film, although probably not for Bond 25 if Craig returns.

It would be pretty awesome, as a Bond tradition, that Campbell would film 3 consecutive Bond actors in a row for their debut. This way, us fans would be able to see how great/bad a new Bond actor is because the directing remains consistent (assuming Campbell doesn't mess it up) and that means that if the new actor appears to be terrible, then we can blame him and not the direction for once.

Personally I'd love to see him return because his JB résumé is remarkable. (GE and CR are absolute classics.)

Brilliant post. I don't believe that Craig will be in Bond 25, so Campbell is ripe to return!

Just my personal predictition, I think we'll get an Aidan Turner Bond film directed by Martin Campbell in 2019. It will probably be produced by Barbara and Gregg, Micheal's son.

Again, just my opinion, but I think it could happen.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @Mendes4Lyfe

55205871.jpg

Where on earth do you get these ideas from? It truly baffles me sometimes.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

Brilliant post. I don't believe that Craig will be in Bond 25, so Campbell is ripe to return!

Just my personal predictition, I think we'll get an Aidan Turner Bond film directed by Martin Campbell in 2019. It will probably be produced by Barbara and Gregg, Micheal's son.

Again, just my opinion, but I think it could happen.

I agree, Gregg will probably be promoted as the next heir to producing the upcoming Bond films. He seems enthusiastic enough and I'm sure that M.G.W and Barbara have shown him how things work when making a JB film. I have confidence in him.