Deadly attacks in Paris / Brussels / Nice (07/14/2016)

Comments

• Sorry just really p**sed off, I've seen too many innocent people die in my life time because of stupid bl**dy religious ideology or alternate political views.

WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG!

" We didn't start the fire, It was always burning, Since the world's been turning, No we didn't light it, But we tried to fight it" but failed.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2015 Posts: 17,813
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    The IS has targeted the football game between Germany and France because both countries are Christian. That's in their official statement.

It's all about religion. It's always about the Koran, etc.
    Charlie Hebdo being the perfect example.

It's a crusade against the Christians.

Or rather it's about their twisted interpretation of Islam and the Koran. That's the difference. They think they are in the right; we in the West are "infidels" that must be subjugated under the Islamic Caliphate.

But what's the right interpretation of the Koran? Or any sacred text for that matter? Muslims, Christians and what have you don't agree between themselves. Don't get me wrong, I far prefer moderate, pro secularism Muslim like say Irshad Manji to an Islamist, but I don't know about a right or wrong interpretation of their sacred text. And neither do you, neither does anyone. I do reject their claims to truth as they are unsubstantiated, and although it is relevant here, what is at the core of the problem here is the ideology. Whether it is built on a correct or incorrect reading of holy scriptures is non sequitur: at the core the specific belief of a fundamentalist is wrong.

Well, yes but I know this one thing - whenever someone claims to be killing in the name of religion they have immediately lost the moral argument, regardless of what they themselves believe about what their religion says. I think Christianity and Islam are by this stage reasonably well defined so I would submit that there is a right and wrong way to follow/worship your God. The differences between faiths often concern matters such as the liturgy but the faith in God and what that stands for are set out in the Christian religion very clearly - look at Exodus Chapter 20 for clearly defined rules on how a Christian is supposed to live his or her life, the sixth of these Commandments being: "Thou shalt not kill." You can't get much more crystal clear than that and I'm sure the Koran has a similar divine law. I think even Lord Denning would have had bother defining that sixth commandment any other way under statutory interpretation.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The actual translation is supposed to be thou shal not murder. Also, the old testament for christians is important for historical purposes but in terms of application it's not really a big deal. That's what the new testament is for.
    "But what's the right interpretation of the Koran?"
    Easy, it's all fiction. Next question?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    patb wrote: »
    "But what's the right interpretation of the Koran?"
    Easy, it's all fiction. Next question?
    Even accepted HISTORY is replete with fictitious additions. How can fantastical ridiculous 'religion' be otherwise.
    Let's start another war in the name of Superman. At least it'd be more original...
    8-|
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7232661.stm
    Its almost impossible to believe in hindsight but this is a perfect example of what I was talking about, The Archbishop of Canterbury seriously suggesting that we begin to dismantle our own legal system and have Sharia law in an attempt to maintain social cohesion. (ie we dont want to upset Muslims so we should give them their own legal system). Its just an amazing and shameful thing to say. When you think of how long it has taken for our legal system to evolve and how it is the envy of many other countries. To give that up and have a seperate legal system for Muslims!.
    He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty". That is exactly the issue. You do have to choose. We all do. And to give the impression that Muslims have a choice and dont have to follow the rules that everyone else does encourages the view that they dont have to confirm with our own values.
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    Traditionalists No Matter Their Origins Shuns Change..!-in the western world there is no difference, on most occacions it has nothing to do with religion what so ever.
    1000 millions against 60 millions or so, trading "values" as well as Insults, out of unfounded fears and craves repression for retaliation, The Bible are our "Khoran"-a book of VALUES-indeed!-It starts as WAR, and this one started in Syria..!-it also started in Iraq-and it also started in Indo-china..and other places.To stop that then all You have to do is stopping the wars that is going on..!
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 338
    Its almost impossible to believe in hindsight but this is a perfect example of what I was talking about, The Archbishop of Canterbury seriously suggesting that we begin to dismantle our own legal system and have Sharia law in an attempt to maintain social cohesion. (ie we dont want to upset Muslims so we should give them their own legal system). Its just an amazing and shameful thing to say. When you think of how long it has taken for our legal system to evolve and how it is the envy of many other countries. To give that up and have a seperate legal system for Muslims!.
    He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty". That is exactly the issue. You do have to choose. We all do. And to give the impression that Muslims have a choice and dont have to follow the rules that everyone else does encourages the view that they dont have to confirm with our own values.

This may not be PC, but this is what happens when you have mass migration from a different counyry/culture/religion. Small migration is fine as it is absorbed. But mass migration allows people to form communities and continue with their own way of living. Look at Ireland, they are still suffering from 17th century colonisation, where the descendents of the colonists are unionists still arguing with the nationalists.

Rightly or wrongly, if you have mass immigration from a different culture, then give them British passports and tell them that they and their descendants are as British as anyone else, then it is reasonable for them to claim that their culture is also "British". Therefore why should they change? Why shouldn't the British legal system evolve to meet their needs?
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Let's observe one minute of (board) silence please at 12:00 CET/11:00 GMT...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited November 2015 Posts: 9,117

I'm not sure what winds me up more: this prick (well whoever holds the job title not necessarily the individual involved) or the pathetic media who go to him for soundbites like his opinion matters.

Who do you represent exactly? C of E attendances average 1 million a week. Premier and football league attendances can hit 800,000 thats not to mention non league football or people who actually play but dont go to a match. Nor does it take into account the amount of people who watch Sky Sports of MOTD. Added to that the C of E have a church in every village so most of the population cant need to drive more than 10 minutes to their nearest place of worship. How many of them would be so keen to go if they had to drive 4 hours to Stoke on a wet tuesday in february?

So the point I am making is why is the Archbishop of Canterbury given airtime? Why are we not asking Greg Dyke's opinion on how the law should be shaped?

SP took £40m in a week. Given that cinema tickets dont cost £40 that represents way more bums on seats than 1 million. So why are we asking Babs or DC for a comment?

The media have a responsibility not to reach for religious leaders like a comfort blanket whenever there is a news story they need someone to pontificate because they represent such a tiny amount of the nation. Its just a historical knee jerk reaction which we are stuck with after bowing down (no pun intended) to God for the last 2000 years.

Its going to take time I suppose waiting for all the last generation to die off but in 100 years you'd like to think that people who actually go to church will be sniggered at the same way trainspotters are as being eccentric/sad/mental.

As for Sharia law being allowed in this country. Do you seriously want me to comment on that?
    Troy wrote: »
    This may not be PC

It seems to me that this with this attack we are reaching the tipping point where people who previously would've held their tongues due to fear of the PC bullshit that has ensnared us are starting to stand up and say actually I'm sick of this and its about time Muslims accommodated us and realised they need to abide by the same rules as the rest of us without exception.

Rightly or wrongly, if you have mass immigration from a different culture, then give them British passports and tell them that they and their descendants are as British as anyone else, then it is reasonable for them to claim that their culture is also "British". Therefore why should they change? Why shouldn't the British legal system evolve to meet their needs?

Well I would argue with that point personally. In my book unless you can a) speak English and b) name the 1966 World Cup winning team* you dont get anywhere near a passport.

*Applies to England only. Welsh need to be able to talk you through Gareth Edwards try v the All Blacks in 1973, NI applicants need to know who Gerry Armstrong is and Scots need to errr.... I havent quite thought this through have I? :P I suppose Archie Gemmill scoring in 1978 but still going out as usual counts as the closest they have ever had to success!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883

Well I would argue with that point personally. In my book unless you can a) speak English and b) name the 1966 World Cup winning team* you dont get anywhere near a passport.
    I agree with both of you. Mass uncontrolled and unregulated immigration is a recipe for disaster, because there is less ability to manage assimilation at all. Muticulturalism on top of this compounds it. I was just thinking about this the other day. Well said @Troy.

I also agree that it should considered a reason for immediate deportation if one is unable to name the 1966 World Cup winning team. Especially in the UK.

As an aside, the bombing campaigns in Syria and Iraq are costing the US govt (for that please read US taxpayer) $5 million /day. Total cost to date (estimated) of US $5 billion. Please read that again so that it sinks in. That is just Syria & Iraq since the latest sorties began. I can't imagine that US $5 billion doesn't result in some civilian casualties on the other side.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/11/12/Fight-Against-ISIS-Has-New-Price-Tag-5-Billion-and-Counting

The military industrial complex is the only real winner here. The taxpayer certainly isn't.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I also agree that it should considered a reason for immediate deportation if one is unable to name the 1966 World Cup winning team. Especially in the UK.

That's my girlfriend buggered, then. Where are you proposing to send her?

:(
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain

You should only do that if she is 100% on board with the idea, you know.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 9,117

On a footballing history re-education program.
    AceHole wrote: »

You should only do that if she is 100% on board with the idea, you know.

Chortle.

I'm guessing that would be contrary to Sharia law!!

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Is anyone else concerned that this seems to be exactly what happened after the last Paris attacks? Cartoons, ceremonies, platitudes and cliches from politicians etc etc
    What exactly is Western society as a whole doing? Abama's speech this afternoon was lacking any real impact apart from making it clear he wont be sending troops in. Hollande sending aircraft carrier which is something I suppose. Sweet FA from Cameron.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Whose needs do you mean? What do these needs consist of?
    @Dragonpol- The same book gives instructions on how and when to own a slave and also orders the murder of enemy tribes and the rape of their underage female members. I'm sure there's some kind words in the Koran too but there are also enough to give sanctity to murder. In any case, if a bunch of people commit murders out of love for their God, theological debates are pretty pointless at this point. They're the ones with the guns.
    Is anyone else concerned that this seems to be exactly what happened after the last Paris attacks? Cartoons, ceremonies, platitudes and cliches from politicians etc etc
    What exactly is Western society as a whole doing? Abama's speech this afternoon was lacking any real impact apart from making it clear he wont be sending troops in. Hollande sending aircraft carrier which is something I suppose. Sweet FA from Cameron.

I liked Obama's speech. Regarding France's response it will be ferocious and merciless. It already is. Whatever some Americans might think, it's not a nation of surrendering cowards.
    What did you like about Obama's speech?
    I just saw that Corbyn tweeted this:

'My thoughts are with the people of Paris tonight. We stand in solidarity with the French.'

You sure about that son? Because I'm pretty sure that France are going to be bombing the buggery out of these c**ts now. As a defender of Hamas you sure you're going to be standing alongside France on that one?

Not sure which is worse- his long history of terrorist appeasement or his current hypocrisy.

Can there be a single person in Labour who honestly thinks they can win an election with a bloke who is happy to class Hezzbollah as 'friends'? If we're ratcheting up security then I hope they are tapping this clown's phone.
    What did you like about Obama's speech?

He said it was not only an attack against France, but against all mankind. True. He said that France was the US oldest ally, which is also true and too often forgotten by some Americans.

'My thoughts are with the people of Paris tonight. We stand in solidarity with the French.'

You sure about that son? Because I'm pretty sure that France are going to be bombing the buggery out of these c**ts now. As a defender of Hamas you sure you're going to be standing alongside France on that one?

Not sure which is worse- his long history of terrorist appeasement or his current hypocrisy.

Can there be a single person in Labour who honestly thinks they can win an election with a bloke who is happy to class Hezzbollah as 'friends'? If we're ratcheting up security then I hope they are tapping this clown's phone.

His stand on Hezbollah is merely an extension of the trust British politicians have in multiculturalism. He is an appeaser, but he's not the only one and not even the worst offender.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 338

Don't forget the Daily Telegraph and Daily Mail is pure distortion of everything he does on a daily basis. For example the Cenotaph issue last week - they slated him for not bowing low enough(!), yet failed to report that he stayed behind to actually talk to the veterans unlike Cameron and co who rushed off for the hospitality lunch
    There's absolutely no way that Jeremy Corbyn is from this world!
    He is an appeaser, but he's not the only one and not even the worst offender.

Maybe. But he is the only one who is an election away from having his finger on the button.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    The bombing no doubt will continue as it has for some time. Afghanistan has been bombed for over a decade.

That's not going to stop the homegrown terrorists though (and when I say homegrown, I mean those within the Schengen trading area). They don't even need to use a mobile phone. They can just cross a border & meet for coffee somewhere to discuss plans.

Cargo coming into the US/Canada is not monitored either (at least not fully). As Trump has indicated, if Mexicans can cross the border into the US, anyone can.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    He is an appeaser, but he's not the only one and not even the worst offender.

Maybe. But he is the only one who is an election away from having his finger on the button.

Cameron will certainly get re-elected, don't you think?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The new Draconian surveillance laws clearly weren t enough despite at least one of the killers being monitored for years. Until a few months back. Same as before the CH attacks.
This discussion has been closed.