SPECTRE : Best lines (spoilers)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    You're right, sir. You do have a tricky day ahead.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Bond: "What can it do?"
    Q: "It tells the time."
    My first thought!

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Every freaking word in Spectre is poetry to me :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited November 2015 Posts: 17,691
    Every freaking word in Spectre is poetry to me :))
    Is English your first language-? :-?

Hahahah! Just kidding my friend. :))
    Ytterbium wrote:
    For me, one of the best aspects in SPECTRE are the dialogues.

So let's share our 3 favourite lines !

- Oberhauser "It was me James, the author of all your pain".
    Said by everyone else, it would have sound ridicoulous, but when Waltz says it with anger and revenge in his voice, it's just thrilling

- Q : "I asked you to bring it back in one piece, not just one piece"
    followed by Q's laugh. I guess I laughed louder than he did

- Bond "That all sounds lovely"
    Bond is at his best in SPECTRE and completly masters the art of irony and sarcasm. I just love it.

So what are your favourite lines ?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I don t remember the exact quote, but when Bond says he prefers the torture to listening to Blofeld talking.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    When Bond is being tortured:
    pirate_arrr.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    "Then the man was a fool."
    Something about the delivery of this line that makes it so Bondian.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    jake24 wrote: »
    "Then the man was a fool."
    Something about the delivery of this line that makes it so Bondian.
    Agreed. DC gave real feeling to that line. Great foreplay.
    My favorite line: "I thought he would never shut up." (Bond to Madeleine after Hinx is thrown of the train). Sadly they changed this to Hinx just saying "fuck!"

Q's "I said bring it back in one piece, not bring back one piece" is another favorite.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    i really loved the Felix Leiter shoutout.
    Don't know the exact words since i only seen in german so far
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Sadly they changed this to Hinx just saying "fuck!"
    Doesn't he say "shit"?

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,554
    "No. Stay!" (to the security guard at the clinic.)
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,667
    Nobody has yet mentioned Madeleine's drunken murmuring:

"To liars and killers...
    To liars and killers everywhere"

Any interpretations of this odd little moment? I didn't know what to make of it.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 269
    In french she says "tous des menteurs et des tueurs, des tueurs et des menteurs", which would translate as
    "all of them are liars and killers, killers and liars."

And I assure you that no drunken French is able to look so sexy while being drunk, or mutter stuff about liars and killers ^^
    StanKobra wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Sadly they changed this to Hinx just saying "fuck!"
    Doesn't he say "shit"?
    Fuck. Yes you were right. It was "shit" ;-)
  • DsyferDsyfer Philippines
    StanKobra wrote: »

Doesn't he say "shit"?

No, I think he said "shot."

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Sounded like "Sheeeet!!" to me, which, obviously, translates as "Shit"
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Shoot!
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Sounded like "Sheeeet!!" to me, which, obviously, translates as "Shit"
    I think so too.

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    It's very obviously "Shit!", I can't see why anyone thinks otherwise.

Quite a few instances of that word in SP, sometimes when it didn't really seem necessary. I'm prone to regular swear words myself but also strangely uncomfortable with their increasing appearance in Bond films. Not sure I really see the need for it.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    It's very obviously "Shit!", I can't see why anyone thinks otherwise.

Quite a few instances of that word in SP, sometimes when it didn't really seem necessary. I'm prone to regular swear words myself but also strangely uncomfortable with their increasing appearance in Bond films. Not sure I really see the need for it.
    A bit low brow admittedly, including 'a$$#)!@'. Unnecessary if you ask me.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    'do me a favour, put that down the toilet'

My Brother burst out a laugh beside me in the Cinema. To begin with I was confused, It's not that funny of a line IMO. Then I realized. It was Craig's delivery that made the line work. Now it's one of my favorites :D

I would just like to add that this is the first Bond film where Craig has nailed every quip IMO. His best is still from CR tho: 'that last hand really killed me'
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    It's the "cut out the middleman" part that really finishes that line properly. Basically that's where it's headed eventually so let's just get it over with rather than having to taste and endure it as well.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited November 2015 Posts: 8,087
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's the "cut out the middleman" part that really finishes that line properly. Basically that's where it's headed eventually so let's just get it over with rather than having to taste and endure it as well.

But the important bit for me is: "put that down the toilet" because of Craig's delivery. For me "cut out the middleman" wasn't needed.

A bit like in Skyfall when M says "oh, go on then eject me" It is unnecessary. The audience understands the joke without it being signposted for them. Not saying that "cut out the middleman" is quite that bad, but I don't think it adds more than it takes away, if that makes sense. :P
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Ytterbium wrote: »
    In french she says "tous des menteurs et des tueurs, des tueurs et des menteurs", which would translate as
    "all of them are liars and killers, killers and liars."

And I assure you that no drunken French is able to look so sexy while being drunk, or mutter stuff about liars and killers ^^

I find the properly translated sentence a little better than the actual line, because it makes more sense. Either that, or no subtitles.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »

But the important bit for me is: "put that down the toilet" because of Craig's delivery. For me "cut out the middleman" wasn't needed.

A bit like in Skyfall when M says "oh, go on then eject me" It is unnecessary. The audience understands the joke without it being signposted for them. Not saying that "cut out the middleman" is quite that bad, but I don't think it adds more than it takes away, if that makes sense. :P
    Yes, I see what you're saying.

For me, both the lines are funny. The first part is literally funny (because he obviously doesn't think too highly for the concoction) and the second part is funny too because it gives context to the first comment (the sarcasm of the 2nd part is what gets me).
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Almost every word spoken in Spectre by Bond or Q or Oberhauser or M is quotable and already a classic.

I'm pretty sure P+W had nothing to do with the dialogue, that must have come from Butterworth I guess.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Almost every word spoken in Spectre by Bond or Q or Oberhauser or M is quotable and already a classic.

I'm pretty sure P+W had nothing to do with the dialogue, that must have come from Butterworth I guess.

Thank you @bondjasonbond006 for posting a positive thread. Sick and tired of every negative thread on here.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    "What a lovely view "