SPECTRE : Best lines (spoilers)

124»

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Two of my favorite parts of the film are quotes.t
    The whole "Welcome James" (though better in the trailer), and "Goodbye James Bond" (I love it, cracks me up, if nothing else comes out and tells us clearly that Blofeld's driving motivation in life was hatred and jealousy of Bond, that childish delivery does. Perfect).
    Just reading this made me think of whether Mendes and Co were subtly referencing the legendary Blofeld line from YOLT: "Goodbye.....MR BOND!"
    bondjames wrote: »
    The whole "Welcome James" (though better in the trailer), and "Goodbye James Bond" (I love it, cracks me up, if nothing else comes out and tells us clearly that Blofeld's driving motivation in life was hatred and jealousy of Bond, that childish delivery does. Perfect).
    Just reading this made me think of whether Mendes and Co were subtly referencing the legendary Blofeld line from YOLT: "Goodbye.....MR BOND!"

Isn't everything in Spectre a reference/homage to something else in the series?
  • tanaka123 wrote: »

Pretty much, that is why SP has no identity.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Pretty much, that is why SP has no identity.

Unlike the previous Craig films, which had an identity; The Bourne Identity. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bond did it better. ;)
    I saw QoS before any of the Bournes. When I saw Bourne I was really struck by how they ripped off the shot of Bourne jumping through the window - I mean that's not just copying the style that's a blatant homage!