SPECTRE : Best lines (spoilers)

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    "What a lovely view "

"To a kill!"

*audience groans*

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    "I'm M"
    "Madeliene"
    "Nice to meet you"
    [Ignores her]

I love Ralph's delivery of this.

Spectre is chocked full of great lines and delivery.
  • can't remember the exact quote but..
    Bond : If you've come for the car it's at the bottom of the Tiber.
    Q: I wouldnt worry 007 , it was only a £3million prototype.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    Blofeld: "Goodbye, James Bond." :))
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Spectre is full of great lines, but I feel like a few lines weren't necessary, like how Mallory said C stood for Careless. Or how C says Bond's profile is "Mostly good".

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    C is for Crap. The most useless character in the whole film. The subplot with the nine eyes wasn t that bad, but Scott was just in the way of my enjoyment of the film.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I always liked this one from Q, as he's introduced to Dr. Swann -

"Enchanted"
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    royale65 wrote: »
    I always liked this one from Q, as he's introduced to Dr. Swann -

"Enchanted"

LOL! Great! :p
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Lucia: You Killed Him... My Husband.
    Bond: He was an assassin. Trust me he won't take it personally.
    (slap)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Q: I've never heard of the Hildebrand.

M: That's usually the point of a safehouse.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited December 2015 Posts: 3,157
    C is for Crap. The most useless character in the whole film. The subplot with the nine eyes wasn t that bad, but Scott was just in the way of my enjoyment of the film.
    Agreed.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Q: I've never heard of the Hildebrand.

M: That's usually the point of a safehouse.

Moneypenny and Bond should have shared something similar.

Moneypenny: You've got a secret. Something you won't tell anyone.

Bond: That's usually the point of a secret.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    "Something you won't tell anyone..."
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    Haha nice ones guys! Here is my list:

"Oh...s***"
    by Q after opening the garage doors and finding the car gone and a bottle of champagne.

"Enchanted"
    again by Q after being introduced to MS.

Q: "How safe is it?"
    M: *opens door, finds Bond* "its safe"

"No, stay."
    by Bond after beating up one of the guards in MS's clinic and saying that to another guard

"Now 007, as the smartblood is obviously still a prototype, we might experience a blackout of 24-*looks at Bond, Bond frowns*-48 hours." *Bond grins*
    I laughed the hardest at this :P

Bond: "I will send u a postcard"
    Q: "Please don't"
    doubleoego wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »

I didn't get this line :/ Please explain it to me

Basically he's saying the drink is crap and should be flushed down the toilet instead of Bond himself or anyone else for that matter drinking it and then pissing/sh****** it out later; hence cutting out the middle man.

Ohhh now i get it! *tries to control laughter and fails miserably* =))
  • Austin_ValentineAustin_Valentine Durban , South Africa
    "I think I'll just call you 'C' ... " :>
  • "Ciao Mickey Mouse"
    Oberhauser :You know what happens when a cuckoo hatches in another Birds nest

Madeline - yes, it forces the other egss out.

Oberhauser - Well, this cuckoo made me realize my fathers life had to end, so thank you cuckoo.

Bond- Do you know any other bird calls Franz. "laughing"

Oberhauser - Franz Oberhauser died twenty years ago James, in an avalanche alongside his father, a man your talking to now, a man insde your head. Is Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

We can't forget about one of the greatest deliveries of a line in Bond history:

BOND: "Of course, Mr. White!" :D

In all seriousness, the best line of the film, at least that I can remember from all the way back in December, was the bit about M saying the safehouse was safe once he saw Bond inside.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    dalton wrote: »
    BOND: "Of course, Mr. White!" :D
    Where do they find these idiots who come up with this stuff. Truly.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Everything between "The Dead are back" and "James Bond will return"
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,817
    In the car:

Madeleine: What do you want?
    *no reply, man readies needle*
    Madeleine: What are you doing?
    *still no reply*
    Madeleine: Can't any of you SPEAK?

That piece of dialogue was hilarious.

Even better was Madeleine's expression when she cowers from Hinx's gun.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    "Yes, exactly. The Kartenhoff, the oldest in human possession. The very meteorite which made this crater. Think about it: so many years up there - alone, silent - building momentum until it chose to make its mark on Earth... a huge unstoppable force."

i view this bit of dialog with 2 different meanings... 1, is the obvious, and thats towards the relationship between Bond and Blofeld in regards to the story..... but 2 - is a bit of 4th wall breaking for me - in that (to me) i find it symbolic of how many years SPECTRE and Blofeld had been out of the 007 franchise - but yet, a lot of people, especially when they rebooted everything with CR, kept wondering if/when would the ol' octopus return..

"He's a visionary, like me."

another Blofeld line - but i like it in the sense that it goes against what the old films, and SPECTRE used to be about - it was always the old stereotypical hold the world at ransom for money chestnut... this new incarnation of Blofeld (at least in this film) isnt motivated by money - but by a vision to reshape the world - meaning SPECTRE is more akin to a NWO or Illuminati type group / Cult... which i believe is a lot scarier than before - because what they fight for is not for material possession - but to uphold a sick doctrine of ideals and principles.

"Why don't you take that, and flush it down the toilet... cut out the middle man."

just a funny line.
  • HASEROT wrote: »
    "Yes, exactly. The Kartenhoff, the oldest in human possession. The very meteorite which made this crater. Think about it: so many years up there - alone, silent - building momentum until it chose to make its mark on Earth... a huge unstoppable force."

i view this bit of dialog with 2 different meanings... 1, is the obvious, and thats towards the relationship between Bond and Blofeld in regards to the story..... but 2 - is a bit of 4th wall breaking for me - in that (to me) i find it symbolic of how many years SPECTRE and Blofeld had been out of the 007 franchise - but yet, a lot of people, especially when they rebooted everything with CR, kept wondering if/when would the ol' octopus return..

Your analysis of the Kartenhoff (which I had incorrectly heard as 'cutting off') is very insightful about the 4th wall break.
  • RC7RC7
    In the car:

Madeleine: What do you want?
    *no reply, man readies needle*
    Madeleine: What are you doing?
    *still no reply*
    Madeleine: Can't any of you SPEAK?

That piece of dialogue was hilarious.

Even better was Madeleine's expression when she cowers from Hinx's gun.

As they say, comedy is very subjective.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    So many great lines ( in my opinion anyway ) a few I like.

"CHRIST!". As Bond gets " .... Feel a little ..... Prick "
    " Good God, the government couldn't afford this " C to M in the new building
    " You're a cocky little bastard". M to C
    " I believe I said bring it back in one piece .." From Q
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    "Have you ever had to kill a man, Max? Have you? To pull that trigger, you have to be sure. Yes, you can analyze, investigate, assess, target, but then you have to look him in the eye and you make the call. And all the drones, bugs, cameras, transcripts, all the surveillance in the world can't tell you what to do next. A licence to kill is also a licence not to kill."
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    My favourite line: "I don't know"

Bond on the train. Never have I seen the message of a film summed up as sucinnctly.

Close second: "Rosebud" From Citizen Kane.
    So much for "Mendes4Lyfe" eh?
    Cut out the middle man.
  • Lucia :"What do you do for a living?"
    Bond: "Life insurance"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Two of my favorite parts of the film are quotes.t
    The whole "Welcome James" (though better in the trailer), and "Goodbye James Bond" (I love it, cracks me up, if nothing else comes out and tells us clearly that Blofeld's driving motivation in life was hatred and jealousy of Bond, that childish delivery does. Perfect).
    While the "Welcome James" take from the trailer is slightly more menacing, the take they used during the film fit the context of scene more.