Top 3 Favourite Scenes of a Bond Movie: Final Results

Comments

• edited October 2015 Posts: 1,009
    1. Bond and Grant fight in the train
    2. Kronsteen's chess match (the set got Bianchi and Lenya in awe... And that was before adding that awesome matte shot representing a baroque ceiling).
    3. Klebb being too close and personal with Tatiana

--

As an extra, the worst scene is Bond just inspecting his room to the Bond Theme, as wonderfully spoofed by Calvin Dyson: maybe he left such a huge tip to the bellboy that the music should sound epic as hell.
  • DariusDarius UK
    edited October 2015 Posts: 354
    Bond in Hagia Sophia
    This scene just oozes Cold War paranoia and the tall gothic nature of the cathedral adds a large dollop of spooky horror combined with the haunting chimes in John Barry’s music. Wonderfully atmospheric and the cold efficient way Grant polishes off the spectacled man and disappears into the shadows is chilling and full of portent. We know Bond is being led into a trap, but we wonder if even he will be able to deal with this cold killing machine when the time comes.

Bond meets Tania
    I believe they still use this scene for screen testing potential new Bonds. I can see why because it’s a classic erotic scene that broke new ground at the time and is still er… up there with Honey’s appearance in DN as a real Bond sizzler. The chemistry between Tania and Bond is palpable and what the eye doesn’t see, the mind provides. The final codicil of them being filmed making love adds a strangely voyeuristic edge to the scene and alludes strongly to Hitchcock, whose movies (such as Rear Window) often explored aspects of voyeurism.

Kronsteen’s chess victory
    Kronsteen is established as a genius intellect by the way in which he has to win the game immediately in order to obey Blofeld’s summons. Only a genius could come up with a winning move instantly like Kronsteen does and this establishes him as a force to be reckoned with. The scene also establishes SPECTRE as an organisation that demands utter compliance on the part of its agents. If Blofeld says “immediately,” it means IMMEDIATELY. In this way, the scene also establishes SPECTRE as a force to be reckoned with.

Glad to see im not the only one who likes Kronsteen =) "come in Kronsteen" " Who is bond compared with Kronsteen ?" Blofeld: "Exactly".
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    edited October 2015 Posts: 538
    FRWL

1. Bond-Grant fight
    2. Bond-Tanya meet
    3. Kronsteen's death

There's an epic "seriousness" of FRWL that was lost in subsequent movies. The scenes seem to reflect a fight against unmitigated evil. Not a lot of mano-e-mano fights in FRWL, but Bond vs. Grant makes up for all of them. Great battle of strength and wits. There's a reason the Bond-Tanya scene was used for Bond screen-tests afterwards, for Bond and the leading ladies. Pleasant and twisted. Kronsteen's death is Blofeld at his peak as a menace (save for maybe the meeting in TB). Great deception and ruthlessness.
    Anybody else =) ?
    1-Not immediately making the connection with Grant's choice of wine.
    2-Exactly, who is Bond compared to Kronsteen?
    3-Klebb punching Grant.

(Not the best moments, but good moments in the film).
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 12,281
    1. Bond's fight with Red Grant on the train.
    2. Kerim Bay "pays many debts".
    3. Blofeld's first scene (in the film as well as the whole series).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Blofeld with his fish tank
    The train fight
    Shooting the oil barrels
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Difficult to choose, as this film is perhaps number one on the list. My favourite scenes seem to happen at night.

- Bond and Grant- the dialogue and fight
    - Bond and Kerim in the streets of Turkey, getting rid of Krilencu
    - Gypsy camp scene- dinner, entertainment and fight

Special mention: every other scene! =D>
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands

Chess Game/Introducing Kronsteen.

Airport Scene/Kerim Bay his sons

Bond meet some of Kerim Bay his friends/Fight between the two girls.

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    1. Bond and Tania on the Boat, While Bonds recording with fake camera.
    2. Bond taking down the Helicopter
    3. Bond in M's office at the start, love the delivery of the line "A Lektor, No less"
    1. Bond and Tanya meet in bed
    2. Gypsy camp scene
    3. Bond and Grant on the train
    Thanks to all participants! =) Are there any more people out there who would like to join?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,336
    Moving on to Goldfinger on sunday, so anybody else wanna throw in their favourite scenes from FRWL?
    1. The whole part of the movie on the train. Cant get enough of the scenes on the train.
    2. Any scene with Bond and Kerim Bey (Like Shark said great chemistry between the two)
    3. M briefing Bond. For some reason this M briefing scene just stands out to me more than others.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    1. The whole part of the movie on the train. Cant get enough of the scenes on the train.
    Agreed, and the train montages with the map and platform signs accompanied with the music is so memorable. Way too hard to pick scenes from this film. Perhaps it would be easier to choose our three favourite acts?
    QBranch wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Agreed, and the train montages with the map and platform signs accompanied with the music is so memorable. Way too hard to pick scenes from this film. Perhaps it would be easier to choose our three favourite acts?

Yea its going to be hard with all the movies.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    1. Any scene with Pedro
    2. Any scene with shaw
    3. The train fight. Sweet Jesus, that one is good
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    1-The scene when Grant has Bond hostage and taunts him. Trust me, I love the fight, bu the tension in the conversation just prior really does it for me.

2-Bond and Kerim Bey spying on the Russian consulate. Another example of how well connected Kerim is. I also love the weird setting in that sewer/underground lake under the consulate.

3-The Bond/Klebb fight at the end. How often do we see Bond fighting an old woman and it being a challenge? That's a clever, extremely unorthodox final battle for Bond to go through.
    1. Any scene with Pedro

Very difficult to argue against this.
    tigers99 wrote: »
    2. Gypsy camp scene

It's funny how that entire sequence does little save slightly develop how dangerous Krilencu is yet it's so much fun and memorable. The sights and sounds of that entire Gypsy camp scene really put the viewer into that world.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    This was extremely difficult as pretty much every scene in this film could qualify, but here goes-

1. Bond vs. Klebb

Lenya is outstanding as Klebb and is one of my favourite villains in the series, and her final moments in the Venitian hotel are thrilling. The poison tipped shoe is an inspired contraption and gets put to good use in this scene. Bond using a chair to protect himself from a flailing old woman is somewhat amusing to watch, and is topped off with a great one-liner from Bond,"she had her kicks".

2. Bond steals the Lektor

There is something so symbolic and iconic of a British secret agent on the service of her Majesty penetrating an official Russian building and successfully taking the Lektor under the Russian's noses. The scene is so triumphant, so gallant, elevated by Barry's magnificent score.

3. Bond vs. Grant

A scene that remains as brutal and ground breaking today as it did in 1963. Not much more can be said that hasn't been already.

Honourable mentions:
    -Gypsy fight
    -Boat chase
    -Kerim kills Krilencu
    -Tanya gets the Klebb treatment
    -M and Tokyo
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 7,502
    How could one possibly choose just three?? :O
    These rules are meant to be broken.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    1. Klebb interviews Tanya. Magnificently creepy.

2. Grant taunting Bond before their fight. "The first one won't kill you..."

3. The camaraderie between Kerim and Bond, especially the chat in the former's office. What a lovely character he was.

Although I enjoy the chess scene, it doesn't really show off Kronsteen's talents at suddenly winning quickly when needed. At the point when he receives the hidden message the game is 99% won, the final move is just a formality.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Although I enjoy the chess scene, it doesn't really show off Kronsteen's talents at suddenly winning quickly when needed. At the point when he receives the hidden message the game is 99% won, the final move is just a formality.

Besides it is disrespectful towards Fleming! In the novel Kronsteen plays the queen's gambit. In the film he plays the king's gambit. What an outrage! ;)
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,336
    Sorry for the delay.
    Well it certainly seems like From Russia with Love was a way harder movie to choose scenes from, as the majority of people said that it consisted of almost only good scenes. Dr No on the other hand had especially 4 popular picks.

1. Bonds intro
    2. Killing of Mr Dent
    3. Honey Rider intro
    4. Dinner with the doctor

Anyways on to the next bond film: Goldfinger!

My picks are:

1. Miami beach scene
    The whole scene starting with the iconic music that plays over the helicopter shots of Miami beach. Goldfinger and Jill intro. The striking image of the golden girl and the cool mystic intro of Oddjob.

2. Golf Scene
    Just love how mad Goldfinger gets after he loses. Also Oddjob cutting of the head of the statue is pretty cool

3. Laser Scene
    Well it introduced one of the most iconic bond quotes ever that's one thing, but i also love that you can clearly see the fear in Bonds face. Really suspensefull scene
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Mine would be very similar
    1, The laser scene
    2, The golf game
    3, Goldfinger setting out his plan.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Hard too but...
    1. Miami
    2. Laser
    3. Fight with OddJob.

Although I like the golf scene ...I don't know.
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Mine would be very similar
    1, The laser scene
    2, The golf game
    3, Goldfinger setting out his plan.

@DrGorner do you mean when Goldfinger tells his plan to bond or when he tells it to the "gangsters"?