No Time to Die on Blu-ray

Comments

• edited March 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Spectre's cinematography is superb. Although most people won't fully appreciate it because they won't have the colour temperature on their TV set right.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love the cinematography as well, for the large part. While some scenes didn't need to be so yellow-toned, primarily the pre-title sequence (I hate to see those wonderful colors muted out), when SP is good, it's up there with the best in Bond.

The Rome SPECTRE meeting is one of the most operatically shot pieces in a Bond film, with a lovely flame-like look to it. The train scenes have the same golden eloquence about them, that makes simple moments feel important.

I would've just kept a little more visual variety in the film, in regard to color. The yellow filtering hits a lot of the time, but that should've been axed for the Austria scenes to make the white snow pop, and in Mexico City section so that we can see all the vibrant colors of the festivities unrestrained.

SF didn't make these kinds of mistakes, but I still hold SP's style far up there in the series when compared to a vast majority of the films. Only the 60s films would be able to compete with the style of these current Bond entries.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Guys, I fear we're going to lose our cool cred over these comments. If you're not shitting on this film at least twenty times a day you're sent to the loser table and people spit at you whilst there.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm now taking the Trump route by deeming all of you "huge losers" for liking a film I didn't!
    @Creasy47, get the hell out of here. You're one bad hombre. ;)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    He's a yuge bad hombre, probably living in Jaina behind a wall, while having tiny hands!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    This was the worst blu ray release ever for a bond film
    This was the worst blu ray release ever for a bond film

Aside from the lack of a commentary track, it's the usual bare bones we always get. I don't count the SF video blogs as blu-ray content either, as those were and still are available on the web first and foremost. They're glorified special features, and that's all SF has.

The extensive SP behind the scenes videos were great, and more in-depth than SF's features ever got. The only thing that makes SF win the battle is Mendes' commentary, which is great.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm now taking the Trump route by deeming all of you "huge losers" for liking a film I didn't!

False media

And my thread which I thought was long dead is back.
    They don't want to spend the money on producing the special features any more. The days of getting decent documentary quality special features are tits up I'm afraid.
    Ed83 wrote: »
    They don't want to spend the money on producing the special features any more. The days of getting decent documentary quality special features are tits up I'm afraid.

Sadly, this is true, and I want to puke.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Picked it up for just over a fiver this week and will be watching it Friday night.

This will be the first time since November 2015 when I caught it twice on the big screen.

I'll see if my opinion has changed from my distinctly different 2nd watch.
    Now for Bond 25. If we ever get it.
    Now for Bond 25. If we ever get it.

Bit premature, the film isn't even in production yet.
    My only hope for the inevitable blu-ray of B25 is that it's not so damn barebones like the SP release was. Super disappointing, given the amount of special features on almost all the other discs.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    One of the worst Bond films has the best DVD special features in Die Another Day
    My only hope for the inevitable blu-ray of B25 is that it's not so damn barebones like the SP release was. Super disappointing, given the amount of special features on almost all the other discs.

Yes I agree with that!

Yes I agree with that!

If you're pouring over $300 million into a film, the last thing the home video release should be is barebones.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    What a disgrace Eons become when we can't even get a commentary for a $300 movie? Biggest movie explosion but not even an audio track!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I wonder how much they had to scrap when Sam finally came clean to exactly just how much he had pointlessly blown up?

If paying someone to write the third act of the script and a decent soundtrack got the chop then the DVD extras stood no hope.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    What a disgrace Eons become when we can't even get a commentary for a $300 movie? Biggest movie explosion but not even an audio track!
    Yes why didnt they have a commentary or a real bts or deleted scenes or anything cool. I also think that all bond releases should be unuct for example they had to cut some frames out of CR because it was too violent. This stuff wont change the film it will just make it slightly different and with more violence i guess
    Yes why didnt they have a commentary or a real bts or deleted scenes or anything cool. I also think that all bond releases should be unuct for example they had to cut some frames out of CR because it was too violent. This stuff wont change the film it will just make it slightly different and with more violence i guess
    Agreed. Bond is the only blockbuster franchise that doesn't have halfway decent film extras.

Agreed. Bond is the only blockbuster franchise that doesn't have halfway decent film extras.

The last few films have been sorely lacking extras wise.
    It's a real shame, because unless they have some unreleased commentary and bts interviews we will be left with hardly anything documenting the making of these films. If this was done with quality and care, I would even buy a making of bluray separately, as much as it pains me to have to buy two things.
    It's a real shame, because unless they have some unreleased commentary and bts interviews we will be left with hardly anything documenting the making of these films. If this was done with quality and care, I would even buy a making of bluray separately, as much as it pains me to have to buy two things.

Then you have the alternate ending and other assorted bits from QoS that have yet to see the light of day. I'd pay good money for a proper edition of the film that contains all of that missing stuff.

Then you have the alternate ending and other assorted bits from QoS that have yet to see the light of day. I'd pay good money for a proper edition of the film that contains all of that missing stuff.
    Preach it. That would be the holy grail for me.
    I think that's also just where we're at now, with film releases. I can't remember the last film I bought any film where I was wowed by any extras, if there were any to begin with. I don't think studios or anyone on the distribution side care any more, with so much other things in the movie process to worry over. We're also in the super digital age now, so they may assume we don't want them or can look stuff up. I like to see special features for special movies, but not a lot of special movies get made anymore that I'd want to see behind the scenes of.

I remember buying the DVD for Spider-Man 2 in 2004, and that had two discs with something like ten hours of special features. We will never, ever see those days again.
    They had to work hard to get documentaries and audio commentaries together on the early Bonds, long after the movies had been made. It should be so much easier now.