New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Not even the "Milk" of human kindness ? ;-)

I'm allergic to people too, so I don't think there is much to be done.

Me too...big time !!

The real slog of it is that it's not a seasonal thing, but an every waking moment thing. ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I bet you're both the most squiggliest, snuggliest pair of friendly
    little munchkins, as ever there was ! ;-)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm lactose intolerant, so I don't know what I'm expected to do.

I will not make an Archer joke. I will not make an Archer joke.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Benny wrote: »
    Gentleman (and young men) calm yourselves, there is a new member who has joined us who happens to be female. Now we know this is quite a rarity on a Bond forum. I feel like Q.
    Now because @Beth__A is a lass, I expect only the best of behaviour from each of you.
    Discipline OO7...discipline.
    Any of these lotharios get out of hand @Beth__A be sure to shout for help. Though to be honest they're mostly a decent lot. Mostly.
    The mod contact list and new users guide can be found here.
    https://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11/help-im-new

We need to throw some buckets of water over this lot.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Welcome to MI6 Community, @Beth__A. Don't worry about this lot, they always get a little antsy in the pantsy when new people join, especially when the new person is a female. They'll calm down when they have had an ice cream each.

I'm lactose intolerant, so I don't know what I'm expected to do.

Alright, then you can have a packet of Space Raiders.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

Pickled onion, I hope? The only acceptable flavour.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Hear hear !!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I take it this is a strictly UK thing that an American is completely lost over.

s-spac-pic_1.jpg

Just crisps (or chips as you call them).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Is the UK similar to the U.S. in that you buy a bag of chips/crisps and a solid 50% plus of the bag is nothing but air? I always love that!
    Apologies Beth! I see you are from Wigan and not Budapest! Lol! Told you we are all mad on here!
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands

Just crisps (or chips as you call them).

I doubt I would like that. Pickled onion 0.o.

I'll stick with paprika or bolognese for the moment.

@Beth__A I'm a little late to to welcoming party, but still... welcome! :)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Is the UK similar to the U.S. in that you buy a bag of chips/crisps and a solid 50% plus of the bag is nothing but air? I always love that!

Yep its the same here.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Yep its the same here.

I think that's just anywhere in the world really, it's the packaging technique. The only way they can make sure the crisps are in a reasonable state of completeness instead of just dust when you open de bag..... And of course welcome to the new lady!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2017 Posts: 17,729

Yep its the same here.

I think that's just anywhere in the world really, it's the packaging technique. The only way they can make sure the crisps are in a reasonable state of completeness instead of just dust when you open de bag..... And of course welcome to the new lady!

You're a good PR man. Not heard of this before, but that could explain it I guess.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yep its the same here.

Yep its the same here.

You're a good PR man. Not heard of this before, but that could explain it I guess.

I don't see any problem with that. Chips/crisps ("c") are sold by weight, not by volume. Would you rather have vacuum-packed c to make sure there's no air around them and you're not confused by the sheer volume, by the looks of it?

That being said, the UK is probably the only country where you get that stuff sold in a number of several small bags stuffed in a large bag. But then, the UK is probably the only place where c pass as a real foodstuff, rather than a junk-food snack on the level of popcorn.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Yep its the same here.

Yep its the same here.

I don't see any problem with that. Chips/crisps ("c") are sold by weight, not by volume. Would you rather have vacuum-packed c to make sure there's no air around them and you're not confused by the sheer volume, by the looks of it?

That being said, the UK is probably the only country where you get that stuff sold in a number of several small bags stuffed in a large bag. But then, the UK is probably the only place where c pass as a real foodstuff, rather than a junk-food snack on the level of popcorn.

Now we know what the C stands for.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Yep its the same here.

Yep its the same here.

Now we know what the C stands for.

Indeed. Crisps. All the different flavours of crisps, such as plain. Old Stewart Lee joke there.
  • Beth__ABeth__A Wigan
    Thankyou all for the lovely welcome!
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Hello @all

I did introduce myself in early July but I have not posted a whole lot so I guess it's time to reintroduce myself.

Some of you may have read my posts on the "Going away or coming back" thread from the last days.

So I'll tell you first that I am a close friend of @BondJasonBond006
    We are serving together in the Swiss army since Spring. He is my superior and in charge of this year's recruit school for Grenadier and Para-scouts.

Jase started to show James Bond movies to me and four of my army bros earlier this year on his big MacBookPro in impressive HD quality.

After seeing seven or eight of the movies I realized that I am falling in love with this series of films. In the meantime I have seen all of the movies once, except for some of Roger Moore's that I have watched a second time during summer break.

I am 21 years old and will serve in the Swiss army for one more year in 2018 to be specialized and get to Lieutenant in rank.

After the time in the army I will resume studying Earth Sciences at the University.

As for movies in general I can tell you that I am not interested in new content at all. I do go to the cinema sometimes for social purposes to be with my friends. Most I have seen so far hasn't really done anything for me to be honest.

Discovering James Bond has been a gift. I didn't think I could ever get interested in a series, franchise as it is called, as much as I am now interested in JB. I have started reading the Dynamite comics as well, and to my surprise I totally love them.

I have maybe seen 100 movies in my life so far, not counting visits at the cinema. All of them are from the 40s, 50s and 60s, maybe some of the 30s as well. I am heavily into Film Noir and suspense but also into musicals or romantic films of that period.

To name some of my favorites films; All About Eve, The Sound of Music, An Affair to Remember, Rebecca, Strangers on a Train, Mary Poppins, To Catch a Thief, An American in Paris, Double Indemnity.

As for Bond, I'm still reluctant to do rankings, although I did one in another thread a day or two ago.
    I do love the more humorous, over the top action Bond films best I guess.
    Some of the Bond movies that definitely are special to me:
    Diamonds are Forever, OHMSS, The Living Daylights, Tomorrow Never Dies, Skyfall. And really all of Roger Moore's come to think of it.

I'm looking forward to watch all of them numerous times, I hope I can catch most of them during my month long break from the army.

Something funny I read in July from this forum member:
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Yes, you must refrain from posting for your first 3760 hours as an official member.

Well I managed to refrain from posting for some 3400 hours, I hope that's good enough.

Oh...and I hate bloody emojis just so you know, even if it's tempting to use them, it's contagious.

Bye for now, Andi.

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Nice to have you on this site.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Grüezi Andi, and welcome to the club!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome @Andi1996Ruegg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Welcome @Andi1996Ruegg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Hi @Andi1996Ruegg, welcome to the forum!

I agree with you that most of the films coming out these days are crap. At least there are always quality new TV shows to watch.

I do use emojis on occasion, but never the common smiley.. and I hate 'lol' with a passion!

Anyway, enjoy your stay here.
    Welcome back @Andi1996Ruegg. Thanks for being such a great friend to Jason. I'll be in touch by PM.
  • DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"
    edited January 2018 Posts: 50
    Hello there as you may have guessed, who is my favorite character from the Bond mythos? Dikko Henderson. With Emilio Largo being a close second. Always enjoyed Largo as a villain. Has that italian mystique, threatens to curse Bond at the baccarat table, and has the distinctive eye patch and white hair.
    "You let him get the better of you."
    "...and now you are caught!"
    Two of my favorite quotes.
    @DikkoHenderson, interesting that your favorite character is one of the least featured. I too like Dikko and the sort of culture clash air he gives off (and that much of YOLT does from Bond's perspective). Also happy to count you as a fellow fan who can appreciate Largo.

Welcome to the community!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Welcome @DikkoHenderson !

Any chance you could reveal the other things you get from the doorman at the Russian embassy?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Hello there as you may have guessed, who is my favorite character from the Bond mythos? Dikko Henderson. With Emilio Largo being a close second. Always enjoyed Largo as a villain. Has that italian mystique, threatens to curse Bond at the baccarat table, and has the distinctive eye patch and white hair.
    "You let him get the better of you."
    "...and now you are caught!"
    Two of my favorite quotes.

Mm, welcome indeed, are you a fan of his Blofeld too?