New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I well remember the day I found the camera in my bathroom. I wanna say happy days, but...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Benny wrote: »
    I well remember the day I found the camera in my bathroom. I wanna say happy days, but...

I too was shocked when I saw Creasy s camera there, in your bathroom.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome aboard. I too used to lurk around before joining. I hacked the site, found out where everyone lived and stood outside every member s windows for a couple of days.

The thing is, you're still outside my window yet. I'm going to charge you ground rent you know. ;)
    Be careful now, or I may enter.
    I think he's attempting re-entry @Dragonpol
    Make sure your doors are locked.

I'll put the chain on the door too, just to be on the safe side. 8-X
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Why am I reminded of the old joke, "My wife is so ugly, the Peeping Toms always knock on the door and ask me to lower the blinds"?
  • Dragonpol wrote: »

I wouldn't worry. With Thunderfinger's kind, you have to expressly invite them in before they can cross the threshold.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I wouldn't worry. With Thunderfinger's kind, you have to expressly invite them in before they can cross the threshold.

Oh, OK. I've made him a cup of tea and some toast and am just about to welcome him into my home.
  • Hello everyone, I am Willem (but William might be easier in English). I'm 15 years old and live in the Netherlands and have only been a Bond fan since Spectre's release. My favourite Bond is Roger Moore and my favorite film The Spy Who Loved Me - although I haven't seen all of them yet. I'm looking forward to sharing my opinions and questions on Bond with you all!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Welcome, @katjabombo! We all have to start somewhere, you'll find a lot of like-minded members who are big on TSWLM, myself included. Quite jealous that you've yet to see all the films, which ones have you not checked out yet?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Welcome, Willem! We've all been at your stage regarding James Bond at some time...quite a number (just like me) long before there even was an Internet, so you may encounter some strangely backwards opinions...but just set us straight on modern-day circumstances.
    Welcome. What is a katjabombo?
    Welcome aboard @katjabombo. I'm sure your English will be fine. We're quite forgiving. ;)
    TSWLM is the film that got me hooked on James Bond a long long time ago now. It must be nice to have Bond films that you have yet to discover, be sure to share your thoughts on the series and anything James Bond related as you go.
    Feel free to add all the films you have seen so far to this thread.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/78/bond-movie-ranking-simple-list-no-details#latest

Hope you enjoy your time, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited March 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Hello, Mi6.

Like several others, I'm in the process of moving here after IMDb decided to shut down their boards. I can vouch for the others I've seen make the move so far, they're among the best we had there so they should fit in nicely. Hopefully they can make similar comments about me.

A little about myself: I was born early 80s and my first Bond experience was when my father decided to take me (already a lover of action and adventure movies) to see The Living Daylights and I've been hooked on Bond ever since. My top two Bond flicks are OHMSS and Thunderball, with OHMSS getting a slight edge as numero uno, though I do find some level of enjoyment in each and every film in the series. Dalton, being my first, is still my favorite Bond.

I read through the Fleming novels in my late high school/early college years, my favorite of them being Moonraker, and I've only gotten around a couple non-Fleming Bond novels.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and have some great discussions.

I am overjoyed to see you here my friend :) Such a shame ImdB forums shut down, but as I told you this place is fabulous and full of friendly people that like to discuss Bond passionately.
    Now I regret not being very active on Imdb during the last 20 months, but the time I had there before joining here was great, also because of people like you and @j_w_pepper and many others.
    Good to see some decided to come here.

Looking forward to see you around here :D

XOXO Jason
  • Welcome. What is a katjabombo?

Don't even get me started on it. When I was around 7 years old I got a Wii and had to make up a name for my Mii (those avatars used on a Wii) and came up with Katjabombo. Why? Please don't ask me.

Back on-topic: thanks everyone for their greetings!
    I know about Wii and Mii. Cute story.
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    Hello, Mi6.

Like several others, I'm in the process of moving here after IMDb decided to shut down their boards. I can vouch for the others I've seen make the move so far, they're among the best we had there so they should fit in nicely. Hopefully they can make similar comments about me.

A little about myself: I was born early 80s and my first Bond experience was when my father decided to take me (already a lover of action and adventure movies) to see The Living Daylights and I've been hooked on Bond ever since. My top two Bond flicks are OHMSS and Thunderball, with OHMSS getting a slight edge as numero uno, though I do find some level of enjoyment in each and every film in the series. Dalton, being my first, is still my favorite Bond.

I read through the Fleming novels in my late high school/early college years, my favorite of them being Moonraker, and I've only gotten around a couple non-Fleming Bond novels.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and have some great discussions.

I am overjoyed to see you here my friend :) Such a shame ImdB forums shut down, but as I told you this place is fabulous and full of friendly people that like to discuss Bond passionately.
    Now I regret not being very active on Imdb during the last 20 months, but the time I had there before joining here was great, also because of people like you and @j_w_pepper and many others.
    Good to see some decided to come here.

Looking forward to see you around here :D

XOXO Jason
    Good to see you too, Jason! This is a great place, I kinda wish I started posting here sooner.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Hi, I’d like to introduce myself. This is Andi from Mr. Mendel's home country, 21 years old and I recently discovered the cinematic world of James Bond.

A few friends of mine and I started to watch the Bond movies earlier this year. Not in a particular order.
    After seeing seven or eight of the movies I realized that I am falling in love with this franchise of films.

I have seen 23 of the 25 Bond movies and now I feel like actively going through the threads. I’m registered since two months but have stayed silent up to now.
    I have gotten used to the abbreviations by now and in case you wonder which two movies I haven’t seen yet, it is LTK and SP.

Watching the films in a more or less random order has proven to be very effective for me.

I never had much of an interest in new movies, I go to the cinema for social reasons as most of my friends at the University want to see a film every other week or so.

The Bond movies are fantastic and I have enjoyed all of them so far. The diversity is what I love most. I may have a preference for the more fantastic and fun Bond films overall.

There is a lot of comparing, ranking and reviewing going on in this forum which I find highly interesting.
    I have thought about which films are my favorites, but it is very challenging to pick some over others.
    Hard to compare a film like FRWL with OP, or DAF to GE.

What I noticed is that the newer films seem to have lost a bit of the identity that makes a Bond movie. The first 12 films I watched were all with Connery, Moore, Lazenby and one each of Dalton and Brosnan. Seeing QOS and SF was a bit of a shock to be honest. I guess they try to be modern in style and put in more serious drama. Maybe that is what people demand these days. I think I prefer the movies up to the mid-nineties but it’s too early to tell.

I will certainly watch all of the films several times during the next 12 months and maybe I can learn about them here as well.
    Laters, Andi
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Welcome Andi.

A very mature take on the films from one so young. Hats off to you for that.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome @Andi1996Ruegg.
    Yes, welcome. There is room for one Swiss here. The place recently became available.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Nice to have you here, @Andi1996Ruegg.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Hey guys, thank you! Yes I will fill in the vacant Swiss seat ha ha...any rituals I have to get through first?
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Welcome indeed @Andi1996Ruegg
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Yes, you must refrain from posting for your first 3760 hours as an official member.

At least anything regarding your awesome body or Kleenex related matters.
    Welcome @Andi1996Ruegg. Great to have you with us. Any friend of Jason's is a friend of mine!
    Greetings, all.

November 27th, 2002. Day I became a Bond fan. The day before the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. Back when SpikeTV was still TNN. That Wednesday at 9 p.m. they kicked off their first annual Thanksgiving Bondathon, and I plopped down on the couch to find out if Bond was something for me.

And of course it was.

I became obsessed by Bond for a few years through my mid-teens, and burnt myself out watching the films over and over. I wound up taking somewhat of a break from the released films for about ten years, though I never ceased to be a fan—never lost track of the franchise or its news, always at the cinema for the new film on opening weekend, etc. Simply stopped watching/thinking about the older films as much.

Last autumn I decided to do a big Bondathon and see how a decade away (and a boatload of film studies courses in college) had affected my views. Now I've got the bug again! Not sure how long it'll last or how much I'll have to contribute (must admit I've been lurking), but the place seems lovely. Hopefully if I do find myself having something to contribute, I'll contribute it, and we can give each other some new ways of thinking about Bond. ;)

I'm currently in the process of digging deeper into each film, to really make sure what I think is really what I think I think, and so on. How much my impression of the films has shifted in some cases has surprised me. But I guess that's what ten years away watching other films and reading good books and living does.

Cheers, and see you around the forums!
    Welcome, Strog!

Is that short for Stromberg?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome @Strog