New members - introduce yourself

Comments

Thanks guys!

As for "Strog" -- a complete nonsensical nothing. Actually a username I cooked up for myself about a decade ago when I was young and hip to a cool handle. :P Pretty sure I sat around spitting out random consonants and vowels until I had something snappy and vaguely sci-fi sounding. Haven't been in need of one for a few years, so when I was signing up it popped into my head first thing.

Punched it and clicked register before I could change my mind. Had I hesitated over the register button, you might have been talking to "Simpleton Musgrave." Alas, we'll never know how different the future might have been.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Strog wrote: »
    Had I hesitated over the register button, you might have been talking to "Simpleton Musgrave."

Your real name?
    Strog wrote: »
    Had I hesitated over the register button, you might have been talking to "Simpleton Musgrave."

Your real name?

Well sure -- or claiming so could all be part of my sly yet elaborate ploy to throw off the scent all people offended some ten years ago by and currently seeking revenge in real life against the online persona known as "Strog." Register on a forum, quickly reveal my fake real name, mail the diamonds to Switzerland, escape to Mexico.

Of course admitting so would be foolish, if that were the case. Of course that's what I would want you to think.

Ah. Too silly, too quickly. Perhaps Simpleton is a fitting name after all.

Introduction's going well, then.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome @Strog!

Too silly? You'll certainly fit in with Thundy and I. ;)
    Welcome Strog! From what you have posted so far? I think your personality will fit right in around here! Lol!
  • I thought "Strog!" was what you yell to let people know you're having a stroke.

;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I thought "Strog!" was what you yell to let people know you're having a stroke.

;)

:)) Quite funny that.
    Unless you're the one having the stroke.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Quite. Depends on perspective.
    @Dragonpol @RogueAgent

Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas! Indeed, I hope to slip into the personality of the forum unregarded, like a cat dragging a bit of refuse into a hoarder's home.

Sounds like a plan! You will have a lot of fun and debate here that's for sure.
    Welcome indeed @Strog !!
    Strog enough.
    Thank you @barryt007! Still getting settled in but most I feel most welcome already. (Just need to figure out the avatar sitch, and I'll be set.)
    Strog enough.

Back in 'the day,' when I was at my humble beginnings and all I had was Windows XP, typing out the name was no problem -- many years on now, and powered by Mac, it is. If one day, I let down my guard, and you see me refer to myself as Strong, it is not hubris. It is autocorrect.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

As a chap who has had a stroke, I assure you it wasn't funny at all. I thought you were better than that Nackers.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 6,844
    I apologize to everyone in the world who has had a stroke. Of course that isn't the kind of joke you make to someone who has just had a stroke. But are we going to say nothing is on the table for comedy in a public forum because someone somewhere might be offended? There is a LOT of television and cinema out there that should be avoided like the plague if so.
    I'm all for pushing the boundaries sure. But your crack about suffering a stroke wasn't funny. For instance the Family Guy episode where Peter has a stroke is quite funny. I'm sensitive about certain thing. Fucking sue me.
    It all depends on the execution.( I apologize to anyone about to get executed.)
  • And I'm genuinely sorry for what you've been through. Surely you can understand no personal offense to anyone has been intended. My point above still stands.

(And not to be incendiary, truly, but the language is uncalled for.)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Maybe to redirect a bit, @Strog reminded me of Max Rockatansky's toddler "Sprog" or however it was spelled. Another fun variation.

So @Thunderfinger, I gave it a shot (but I won't shoot anything!).
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    royale65 wrote: »

As a chap who has had a stroke, I assure you it wasn't funny at all. I thought you were better than that Nackers.

Yes, my apologies @royale65, wasn't thinking.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just to be the Villain of the piece. A joke is a joke nothing personal and not directly
    Aimed at anyone. I now expect no jokes about being fat ( as I'm fat ) no jokes about
    Being white ( as I'm white ) no jokes about being in a car crash ( as I've been in a couple )
    No jokes about only having one working eye ( as I only have one ) ...... And so on.
    I'm sure some have had a heart attack so no jokes about that...... and absolutely no jokes
    About being a Bond fan etc.
    At least you left the Bond fan thing alone.
    Just to ease the tension a little, fatso
    WUMO-comics-fat-people-lance-armstrong-852118.png
    I'm big boned ! It's a medical condition. ;-)
    NicNac wrote: »
    royale65 wrote: »

Yes, my apologies @royale65, wasn't thinking.

Don't think mention it old boy. I mislaid my sense of humour that day. :)
    Glad to see my arrival has unspooled the MI6 community. 'And the beginning of the end was Strog.' No doubt the darkest moment my biographers will have the most difficulty pretending to weigh and consider before absolving me.
    Now strog off.
    @Strog is my favourite of the new members. He knows Bond well and writes in-depth about the subject. Glad that he joined us! :)
    Why thanks @Dragonpol! Well-spoken and gracious members such as yourself are the reason I felt compelled to start posting in the first place.