New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Welcome to MI6 Community, @DrGormer.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Thanks, MajorDSmythe.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A doctor is always welcome. So many sick people here...
    ;) sadly it's only an honorary title.
    A warm welcome to all our latest new members! Great to see more new people on here! :-bd
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Asking for permission to come aboard.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Hello everybody! Joined a month ago but introducing myself now. I was actually introduced to Bond when I was a toddler (oddly, I know :)) ). Anyways, I have always loved Bond and grew up with it and have been a fan of the Mi6 site, so I'm happy to join the forum!
    Welcome, I'm new here myself. ;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited February 2018 Posts: 4,012
    jake24 wrote: »
    Hello everybody! Joined a month ago but introducing myself now. I was actually introduced to Bond when I was a toddler (oddly, I know :)) ). Anyways, I have always loved Bond and grew up with it and have been a fan of the Mi6 site, so I'm happy to join the forum!

I don't find that odd at all, I was probably introduced to Bond in my mother's womb :-B Welcome!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    A hearty welcome to all new members! Thanks for joining us. Dive right in; there are plenty of threads. Bond 24 news is heating up, so this is a good place to be. :)
  • Welcome to all new members :-bd
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    Hello Everyone. It's likely that I won't write much and mainly just read others' posts as I've been doing until now. Nevertheless I thought I should introduce myself. I'm Ralf, 20 years of age and an avid Bond Fan living in Germany. I'm glad my parents introduced me to the world of 007 back in my early teens, because sometimes when I talk to my friends it feels that I'm the only one of my age who's seen the old flicks and truly loves the whole franchise (maybe except for Quantum of Solace :) ).

Not sure what else to say, good evening and nice to meet you, I guess? B-)
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Hi everybody. Signing in from Lisbon, Portugal. Been coming here for ages and finnally got the "nerves" to sign in. In a nut Shell: 40 years old. Work in new media. Benfica fanatic. And obviously 007 absolute fanatic. Favourite Film On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Least Favourite Film Licens to Kill. Really looking forward for being part of this community! cheers!
    Welcome, welcome!

@Mi6LisbonBranch

You should contribute to the football thread! Its been pretty dead for a while... The Brits only want to discuss Norwich... I'd much rather hear about Benfica and the "Liga ZON Sagres"! ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    A hearty welcome to all new members! :)>-
    You are joining at a very exciting time. Lots of threads to enjoy. It's going to be a fun, and bumpy, ride from now till Bond 24. Cheers!
    Welcome and Hi, to everyone. :)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Welcome new members! A special welcome to @Mi6LisbonBranch, a fellow Portuguese and on top of that Benfiquista :-bd
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Thanks for your welcome messages. Exciting times indeed. Nice to see there are more benfiquistas aboard ^:)^ . Hope to contribute, whenever i have free time, to all kinds of threads, including the Liga Zon Sagres!!
  • Joined yesterday, working on a solution to the Missing Moore problem for anyone who prefers the tongue in cheek, flirting and raised eyebrows of yesteryear. You can read about my solution here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10353/missing-moore

Or you can just skip that and read a sample here:

http://agentsandstorm.com/rooftop-hotel-in-girona/
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Welcome all! - Herzich wilkommen! - Sejam muito bem-vindos!

:-h
    Welcome agentsandstorm. :)
  • Thanks @DrGorner, privileged to be part of the service
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I've been posting for a month or so already and didn't see this thread. I'm a college professor, living in the U.S. I am currently working on two Bond film-related research articles.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome to everyone, Skull and Bones members or not.
    Welcome to all our recently joined members! I am sure we will have more to come in the coming weeks and months!
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Hi Newbie here, pleased to be here among true Bond fans.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    TripAces wrote: »
    I've been posting for a month or so already and didn't see this thread. I'm a college professor, living in the U.S. I am currently working on two Bond film-related research articles.

I'd be very interested to hear what those are, @TripAces. PM me if they're top secret!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,554
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I'd be very interested to hear what those are, @TripAces. PM me if they're top secret!

I can say this: one is an analysis of sport in the Bond films; the other looks at the role elevators/lifts play in the films. To better understand the latter, read Andreas Bernard's book, Lifted: A Cultural History of the Elevator. It's fascinating stuff.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    TripAces wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I can say this: one is an analysis of sport in the Bond films; the other looks at the role elevators/lifts play in the films. To better understand the latter, read Andreas Bernard's book, Lifted: A Cultural History of the Elevator. It's fascinating stuff.

Thank you for that - those sound fascinating! Where will they be published?
  • GrizzlorGrizzlor NJ, USA
    Well, I guess it's been several a year since my last visit. I am pretty saddened that the old mi6forums.co.uk board is gone and completely unavailable. I guess fortunately my old username was never reused, so I got it again.