Missing Moore

Everyone has their favourite Bond style. I grew up with Roger Moore's tongue in cheek quips and raised eyebrows. It might not have been Fleming's Bond in the books, but it was definitely entertaining.

Then came Dalton and Brosnan, bringing a harder edge to Bond but maintaining the quips, one-liners and womanising. So far, so good :-)

But then they lost the plot for me personally. Out with all the classic lines, quips, dry Martinis and pinch of salt. In with a Jason Bourne/Jack Bauer style action movie with Craig, raw and gritty.

Bond is now a million miles away from the entertaining agent of yesteryear, defeating megalomaniacs and getting the girl without creasing his suit.

So I've developed a character inspired by Moore, Connery and Brosnan's tongue in cheek 007. It's early days, but you can read about the misadventures of MI6's cheeky young charmer, Josh Sands, here:

http://agentsandstorm.com

For the latest tongue in cheek style, start with Agent Sandstorm's rooftop hotel encounter in Girona, Spain. The drinks were to die for:

http://agentsandstorm.com/rooftop-hotel-in-girona/

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Mate, I must say I enjoyed the style. :D And the perspective told from first-person is definitely up to my standards, while I also love to keep the tongue-in-cheek mode in the veins of my spy characters. In anycase you do roleplay, mate, let me know. :)
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Rather than sticking to only one style of Bond and condemning all different approaches or interpretations, I'm happy and forever grateful that the series is constantly evolving, exploring different sides of the character and taking Bond in new directions. Without that sense of development and change, the franchise would be far less interesting and would probably not have lasted as long as it has…

Impressive work though! :-bd
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11
    Thanks for the early feedback guys, really appreciated. I agree jobo, the series needed to evolve and move on from Moore's raised eyebrows. But in Sandstorm's case, I wanted to solve a specific problem, that of missing the tongue in cheek, flirting and prestige of earlier Bonds.

Thanks again for feedback!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I thought they put a little of the humour back with SF. ;)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Wow! That's really good. Favorited and Facebook liked.

If you could turn Agent Sandstorm into a movie, who would play Josh?

Welcome to MI6 by the way!
  • Wow! That's really good. Favorited and Facebook liked.

If you could turn Agent Sandstorm into a movie, who would play Josh?

Welcome to MI6 by the way!

Thank you @PropertyOfALady, glad you're enjoying Josh's exploits so far. And cheers for the FB like!

Good question, someone with natural tongue in cheek delivery, dapper looking, prepared to receive a slap in the face or two from the opposite sex
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    @agentsandstorm I've actually written my own short story. I could PM/email it to you if you're interested. Also, did you draw Sands?
  • @PropertyOfALady by all means PM it over, I'll take a look when I get a chance, still got tons more missions to write up before MI6 finds out and I wake up in Siberia with a beard

No, I wish I was good enough to draw Sands. It's from a stock site. Will get a custom one done if the stories take off