Which will you LIKE MORE! "Mission: Impossible 5" or "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."

edited July 2015 in General Movies & TV Posts: 11,119
I thought this is an interesting topic, because these two spy movies are basically going head-to-head at the box office:

--> Christopher McQuarrie's "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" opens on Friday July 31st.
--> Guy Ritchie's "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." opens on Friday August 14th.

We're talking a lot about the stiff competition "SPECTRE" would have this year from other spy films, but I think the head-to-head battle between "M:I" and "UNCLE" will be way more interesting to see.

Therefore I'm not going to ask which movie will do better at the box office. But instead my question will be:

--> Which of these two spy films will you like more?
--> Which espionage thriller should get the better reviews?
--> And which film has the better story/plot/screenplay?

Let's scrutinize/poll the reviews upcoming weeks for these two films. I'm really excited about it. And especially, what your opinion will be:

8ad1791.jpg
11665415_980644125289021_8184749537939519599_n.jpg?oh=343b5dfb16d0ee6105af643546c5eb0c&oe=55E8676A

7fi0urp08m.jpg
sM6KRdy.jpg

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited June 2015 Posts: 11,139
    This is going to sound like a lazy answer but I'm looking forward to both equally. Both look to offer exciting entertainment which is all I can ask for but simultaneously both have something different to offer. UNCLE has the slick, sexy, retro 60s vibe and MI for me guarantees a fun time with interesting and crazy stunts. Once the films are released it'll be easier to determine a favourite and acknowledge both's strengths and weaknesses but for now, I'm really excited and looking forward to both.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I agree. Both are both so different that it's a bit unfair to compair them. SPECTRE, UNCLE and MI are my top three anticipated films for this year.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    doubleoego wrote: »
    This is going to sound like a lazy answer but I'm looking forward to both equally. Both look to offer ex it in entertainment which is all I can ask for but simultaneously both have something different to offer. UNCLE has the slick, sexy, retro 60s vibe and MI for me guarantees a fun time with interesting and crazy stunts. Once the films are released it'll be easier to determine a favourite and acknowledge both's strengths and weaknesses but for now, I'm really excited and looking forward to both.
    ^ Exactly THIS.
    Hmmm, ok, but then again we can be so highly critical of "SPECTRE" in comparions with other spy films this year. So why not compare "M:I" with "UNCLE" :-).

Yes, both films can be very different, but both films will also have a lot in common.
    Besides Film A being Better than film B is just subjective opinion's. It's up to the viewer not a poll.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    chrisisall wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    This is going to sound like a lazy answer but I'm looking forward to both equally. Both look to offer ex it in entertainment which is all I can ask for but simultaneously both have something different to offer. UNCLE has the slick, sexy, retro 60s vibe and MI for me guarantees a fun time with interesting and crazy stunts. Once the films are released it'll be easier to determine a favourite and acknowledge both's strengths and weaknesses but for now, I'm really excited and looking forward to both.
    ^ Exactly THIS.

I agree wholeheartedly. I add SP to the list of films I will be equally (well maybe a bit more) looking forward to. They are all going to be different (which is great) and still be very good I'm sure.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Besides Film A being Better than film B is just subjective opinion's. It's up to the viewer not a poll.

But you must have a slight favourite no? I mean, will you equally like these two films because you insist on it?

But you must have a slight favourite no? I mean, will you equally like these two films because you insist on it?

No, Both look equally fun to me. Like pepperoni pizza is different from fried chicken but I love them both. ;)
    Well, I will try to be as objective as possible and give my reviews later this summer about both films. I think if we Bond fans are always comparing Bond films -and make no mistake, CR is very different from MR-, then I think the same can be done with two non-Bond films.

I think in all honesty it barely happens in such cases that I like both films equally. So let's see.....
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Well, I will try to be as objective as possible and give my reviews later this summer about both films. I think if we Bond fans are always comparing Bond films -and make no mistake, CR is very different from MR-, then I think the same can be done with two non-Bond films.

I think in all honesty it barely happens in such cases that I like both films equally. So let's see.....

You make a good point. We are all Bondaholics and are a little tough on our favourite franchise from time to time for sure. Tough love indeed.

I find I'm not that analytical with other franchises. I either enjoy them, or I don't, but I tend not to dissect them so much, because I'm just not that obsessed with them like I am all things Bond...
    bondjames wrote: »

You make a good point. We are all Bondaholics and are a little tough on our favourite franchise from time to time for sure. Tough love indeed.

I find I'm not that analytical with other franchises. I either enjoy them, or I don't, but I tend not to dissect them so much, because I'm just not that obsessed with them like I am all things Bond...

I think I'm a bit too obsessed this year, as there are so many spy films hehe :-D. But, I'm also curious if "UNCLE" will not hamper "M:I"s box office a tiny bit..
    Can I watch them before I pass judgement, presumptions do mean nothing.

Yes, I'll be seeing them both in cinema.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Can I watch them before I pass judgement, presumptions do mean nothing.

Yes, I'll be seeing them both in cinema.

Off courseeee hehe :-P
    Like pepperoni pizza is different from fried chicken but I love them both. ;)

Well played, Wes. =D>
    "The Man From UNCLE" was the 3rd most popular movie on the San Diego ComicCon. It was even more popular than "X-Men: Apocalypse", "Fantastic Four", "Maze Runner 2" and the animated film "Peanuts":

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/comic-con-which-films-tv-shows-got-biggest-buzz-data-1201538990/
    XVB3c1.jpg

I have a feeling that we have another surprise box office hit on our hands....And names like Henry Cavill and Guy Ritchie will help their fanbases to see this film (DC Comics fans included).
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    But on the other hand, Paramount released this amazing TV-spot/Videoblog about the amazing airplane stunt in "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation". And...amazing it is! (Thanks @Creasy47 for the link!)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Tom Cruise is the man:

Now that Tom has dumped Scientology I think his fanbase will expand. I know it makes ME feel a bit better about liking him. Just a bit. Actors are all kooky anyways.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

What? He's no longer practicing scientology?
    Esquire is usually true about this. Good decision from Tom. Now I want to see a picture of Henry Cavill, Tom Cruise and Daniel Craig as 'best buddies' :-P.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Thread poses a question that can only be answered after having seen both films. If you're asking which I'm most looking forward, probably M:I5, not sure about UNCLE, looks like they've bollocksed up another classic tv programme.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Definitely UNCLE.
    So, where do we stand with this topic as of 31st of August 2015 ;-)? Which one was your favourite? Which one was....BETTER?