I've never noticed that before...

Comments

Ludovico wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to admit it but it took me quite a while to notice that Bambi and Thumper were named after, well... the Disney characters. And I hate DAF all the more for it.

That should definitely be put in my 'confessions of a Bond nerd' thread hahaha..priceless.

The_Donald wrote: »
    Have noticed it before but if others haven't: at the end of the AVTAK warehouse fight, the 'unconscious' goon lies down on the conveyor belt himself. Roger should have reused his quip 'what a helpful chap'.

Or :

"Seems he's laying down on the job"....

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I never noticed this disgrace before (see behind Craig):

giphy.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondjames wrote: »

giphy.gif

Joke is on you, @bondjames. In that region of Haiti there are dust particles that lie feet above the ground, and required a heightened sweeping motion to get away. That extra is perfectly recreating the technique, you see.

giphy.gif

Joke is on you, @bondjames. In that region of Haiti there are dust particles that lie feet above the ground, and required a heightened sweeping motion to get away. That extra is perfectly recreating the technique, you see.

Yep..we have all fallen for that one in the past,thinking we were clever,when in fact,as Brady says,they have included a genuine custom there.

• edited August 2017 Posts: 170

That's probably the most famous Bond error haha
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Ah, I see @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I must try that sometime. Much easier on the back as well as being a more efficient technique.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ah, I see @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I must try that sometime. Much easier on the back as well as being a more efficient technique.

Everyone makes mistakes, my friend. Hearing Forster's commentary on it was really enlightening, as the scene had already been shot before a local came up to him and said, in a approximation of the translation, "That man is sweeping wrong." Being the dedicated artist he is, Forster had everyone move back into their places and do the whole thing again, this time with the extra sweeping the right way. That's what I call movie magic.

Everyone makes mistakes, my friend. Hearing Forster's commentary on it was really enlightening, as the scene had already been shot before a local came up to him and said, in a approximation of the translation, "That man is sweeping wrong." Being the dedicated artist he is, Forster had everyone move back into their places and do the whole thing again, this time with the extra sweeping the right way. That's what I call movie magic.
    I'll definitely take a crack at it in my kitchen tonight.

I would love to see that hahaha...

Just be sure to wear proper eye protection, as this kind of dust can be a nasty thing to brush around.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dpes it work with vacuum cleaners too?
    Dpes it work with vacuum cleaners too?

Yes, but as with the broom you have to lift the vacuum up off the floor to suck the dust away, as it will still be at the same height as it would when sweeping it away.
    I'm ashamed to admit it but it took me quite a while to notice that Bambi and Thumper were named after, well... the Disney characters.
    Me too. I've never seen Bambi. Come to think of it, I've only seen about three animated films by Disney.

giphy.gif
    I wonder what the guy was thinking as he was doing this. Time for BondCapCon!
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 1,469

giphy.gif
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I wonder what the guy was thinking as he was doing this.
    He was thinking "This bit of film needs some airbrushing."
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to admit it but it took me quite a while to notice that Bambi and Thumper were named after, well... the Disney characters.
    Me too. I've never seen Bambi. Come to think of it, I've only seen about three animated films by Disney.

giphy.gif
    I wonder what the guy was thinking as he was doing this. Time for BondCapCon!

He was thinking: "Easy paycheck."

For Bambi and Thumper the worst thing was I knew there was a Bambi movie. It's the Thumper bit that threw me off: I didn't know the name of that stupid rabbit.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    To touch the ground ( under union rules ) you'd need to use
    a professional stunt brush. As none was available on the day
    of shooting, they luckily hired a Shakespearian trained Brush.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Isn't that just a normal start-up motion for flying broomsticks? This guy is just a modern witch.
    Watched Tomorrow Never Dies over the weekend and noticed just how many actors on the naval ships have been in TV dramas recently. There's Jason Watkins who was in the last series of Line of Duty, Pip Torrens who has been in Poldark and Versailles recently, Julian Rhind-Tutt who was in the BBC's The Hour (also with Ben Whishaw), and Hugh Bonneville who was in Downton Abbey.
    Julian Fellowes said he came up with "Downton Abbey" while working on
    TND, and had Hugh Bonneville in mind as the lord of the house.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And then there is Gerard Butler.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I was recently reading an article from THR about how the team behind the VFX of the movie pulled off the PTS of SPECTRE, and I came across this from ILM’s VFX supervisor Mark Bakowski.

“One other interesting twist that happened doing a shot like this, especially with a thousand or so extras, is that you can’t get a perfect take where every extra does exactly what you want every time, so we removed people’s faces by putting masks on them because they were looking at the camera too much, or re-angling their eyes or certain extras would try to pop up in scenes again and again, so we did a lot of changing their clothes and swapping out their faces.“

As a dedicated Bond geek, I decided to do some digging and see if I could find the CGI mask somewhere. And then I found the person responsible for trying to ruin the shot. :D

Here's the first shot of her, without the mask.

z3RenHO.png

And then, the second shot with the CGI mask gently added by the ILM guys.

giphy.gif

I've never noticed this before.
    Wow ! Very interesting .
    That's an amazing spot @marketto007 ,you always find new things,well done !!

How clever they are to do this,they must have to go through every second of footage to make sure nobody is ruining the scene.

fascinating stuff !!
    hahaha epic! I remember seeing the woman looking into Craig's direction with the mask, but because of the mask thinking it was part of something happening behind him. So it does work!
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    barryt007 wrote: »
    That's an amazing spot @marketto007 ,you always find new things,well done !!

How clever they are to do this,they must have to go through every second of footage to make sure nobody is ruining the scene.

fascinating stuff !!

But the editor still made some visible mistakes. There is one moment when a girl (center frame) wants to step forward, but Craig starts moving ahead and so she stops in order to avoid colliding. Saw this the first time I watched SP and I smirk with each rewatch. So easy to cut out too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How is that a mistake? These things happen.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Quite, doesn't it lend a certain realism? I have to avoid plenty of numbskulls when out walking.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It'd only be a mistake if everyone followed a set path and never collided with one another. I don't think there's ever been a time in public I don't have to change course to avoid running into someone.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I meant the editor's mistake of leaving in the shot in the first place - not the extra's. What's frustrating is they spent time CGI-ing on masks for the extras and yet failed to see something as simple as that awkward shot. Editor's mistake.