I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    I only remember her because she looked like she wanted some action in TSWLM and she gave Bond a lingering look when delivering the message to his suite.

@bondjames I'd hate to correct you, but in this case the proper term is she wanted some Rogering. ;)
    Indeed @DaltonCraig007. I think Roger wanted to oblige as well, but the spy who loved him was in the suite and likely wouldn't have approved. Shame. I noticed recently that Bond didn't get it on with that many girls in TSWLM apart from Anya. He didn't roger Naomi, was interrupted from his vocabulary lesson by the watch ticker tape at the chalet in the PTS and even missed out on dessert in Egypt thanks to a bullet from Chandor. Only Hosein was momentarily able to provide him with treasures to delve deeply into.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames It really it amazing how 40 years after TSWLM, I am still ranking the entertaining value of the latest action/adventure films by comparing them to TSWLM. Be it the new M:I, Kingsman, The Mummy, F&F, or Marvel outing, TSWLM is still the benchmark for me in terms of pure entertainment in 2017.
    You and I are in similar minds on this @DaltonCraig007. It's the sheer unadulterated & confident swagger of the film which I love. Proud of its heritage and not afraid to show it.

The fact that it was made 40 yrs ago & is still competitive just shows how far ahead of the game it was. Every time I see Cruise going nuts in MI-GP or RN, I am reminded of TSWLM.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    @bondjames watching NSNA Valerie's American or dubbed American accent totally throws you off, she totally looks in disguise lol
    Thanks @fire_and_ice. I don't feel like such a dunce for totally missing that it was her now. I've been meaning to catch NSNA again as well, inspired by the thread here comparing it to OP. It's either that or Aliens on the schedule for tonight.
    NSNA Is a slog though it picks up in the Bahamas, watched Alien last week working my way through the films. Hoping to see a afternoon showing of Alien Covenant this week work permitting.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Wow feel pretty dumb only just realised the girl in the Bahamas Bond pulls in NSNA Is Valerie Leon, who also played the attractive receptionist in TSWLM. In my defence the actress is older in NSNA and looks quite different... I'll get my coat.

I did freelance work submitting puzzles to The Guardian newspaper for several years. I was initially commissioned by the editor of their Weekend magazine, a lady named Merope Mills.

Only very recently after the work had ended did I discover that she is the daughter of Sir John Mills and Valerie Leon. I was speaking to a Bond girl's daughter and didn't even realise it...
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Wow feel pretty dumb only just realised the girl in the Bahamas Bond pulls in NSNA Is Valerie Leon, who also played the attractive receptionist in TSWLM. In my defence the actress is older in NSNA and looks quite different... I'll get my coat.

I did freelance work submitting puzzles to The Guardian newspaper for several years. I was initially commissioned by the editor of their Weekend magazine, a lady named Merope Mills.

Only very recently after the work had ended did I discover that she is the daughter of Sir John Mills and Valerie Leon. I was speaking to a Bond girl's daughter and didn't even realise it...

Wow that's left field did Merope Mills resemble her parents?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited May 2017 Posts: 3,675
    What is this thing to the right of the door? The blue and grey thing. Is it sitting on a refrigerator? https://i.snag.gy/vciMYF.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think that's a 60s photostat machine ?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    That is a machine for printing small numbers of posters or typeset documents it's called a Banda Machine used to work one at School when producing the News Sheet
    They are a sprit duplicator .
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,113
    I thought it was a mini fridge...
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Are those the ones that printed everything in a fetching shade of light purple?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I only remember her because she looked like she wanted some action in TSWLM and she gave Bond a lingering look when delivering the message to his suite.

@bondjames I'd hate to correct you, but in this case the proper term is she wanted some Rogering. ;)
    Indeed @DaltonCraig007. I think Roger wanted to oblige as well, but the spy who loved him was in the suite and likely wouldn't have approved. Shame. I noticed recently that Bond didn't get it on with that many girls in TSWLM apart from Anya. He didn't roger Naomi, was interrupted from his vocabulary lesson by the watch ticker tape at the chalet in the PTS and even missed out on dessert in Egypt thanks to a bullet from Chandor. Only Hosein was momentarily able to provide him with treasures to delve deeply into.

One would think that Bond was above taking advantage of prostitutes, but no.
    Sorry to keep bringing this up but what is the Banda machine sitting on?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 3,144
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Yes my dear quite so.

Also for the benefit of @PorpertyOfALady !... The Banda machine is sitting on its very own storage case that it lives in when not in use needs to be kept safe due to the use of spirit in the printing process. Hope this helps you.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Yes my dear quite so.

Also for the benefit of @PorpertyOfALady !... The Banda machine is sitting on its very own storage case that it lives in when not in use needs to be kept safe due to the use of spirit in the printing process. Hope this helps you.

Thank you, @Mrcoggins. You've been a great help!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,554
    I knew of this song but had never seen the video until now, almost 20 years later. A big WTH! I am often late to the party.

Yes, I'd seen that when it came out. That was a massive hit at the time and many clowns were touting him for Bond.
    It struck me that Connery's Bond rarely, if ever, directly kills the main villain. No falls to his death, Goldfinger flies to his, Rosa Klebb and Largo get shot by the Bond girl and Blofeld survives of course. If you consider Grant a main villain then he kills him, but that's it.
    TripAces wrote: »
    I knew of this song but had never seen the video until now, almost 20 years later. A big WTH! I am often late to the party.

Where have you been matey,they even 'i hope jokingly' put Robbie Williams' name out there as a possible Bond..

I love 'Millenium' ..a great song,and one i used to karaoke or dance,drunk,on tables in pubs in my ,er younger days.
    Blatant rip off by robbie Williams I hope John Barry was well paid .

It was approved if i remember ,by all concerned ,as it was the Millenium,and TWINE was coming out ...
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    It struck me that Connery's Bond rarely, if ever, directly kills the main villain. No falls to his death, Goldfinger flies to his, Rosa Klebb and Largo get shot by the Bond girl and Blofeld survives of course. If you consider Grant a main villain then he kills him, but that's it.

True, however I personally think No's death hedges much closer to a direct killing. Bond physically puts the man in a position where his death is imminent. He even stomps on No's chest to keep him down before climbing to safety. By comparison, the responsibility in Goldfinger's death is much, much grayer.
    Robbie Williams - Millennium was a harmless homage to Bond, I quite liked it back in the day.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    barryt007 wrote: »

Where have you been matey,they even 'i hope jokingly' put Robbie Williams' name out there as a possible Bond..

I love 'Millenium' ..a great song,and one i used to karaoke or dance,drunk,on tables in pubs in my ,er younger days.

The late 90s, early 2000s...those are years I would rather forget. LOL
    barryt007 wrote: »

The late 90s, early 2000s...those are years I would rather forget. LOL

Those are the years I did forget ;)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    At least both John Barry and Leslie Bricusse (although none of the YOLT lyrics were used) were credited for the song, along with Robbie Williams and Guy Chambers.

They re-recorded it in a different key rather than sample it to bring the cost down, but Barry would have still got royalties as the composer.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Just noticed that the end credits of Spectre feature a thanks to Maria Grazia Cucinotta. I have no idea why, if anyone knows please enlighten me.